“Fantastic” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Taj Lands End

You added Taj Lands End to your Saves list
Taj Lands End
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Band Stand, Bandra West | Bandra, Mumbai (Bombay) 400 050, India   |
Ranked #10 of 396 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pune, India
“Fantastic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Very well located... Amazing views of the Arabian Sea.... Amazing restaurants and coffee shop... Excellent food.... Close to many shopping and tourist attractions... Very friendly and cooperative staff.... Will definitely feel like staying there again

• Stayed April 2013
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear rvp28,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for sharing your stay experience here on TripAdvisor.

Taj Lands End, Mumbai is located in the self sustained lifestyle Bandra and Ideally poised to offer breath-taking views of the sea, buzzing with activity and throbbing with life.
It also pleases us to learn that you were impressed with our service areas.
If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly.

Birgit Zorniger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (550)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Greeted with masala chai. Upgraded to seaview room. Their dry cleaning service is efficient and provided a rollpress service that other hotels in India did not offer. Breakfast waitors were very friendly and even packed up some muffins for us for our trip to south Mumbai. I used the salon and found they gave excellent service compared to salon experiences I have had in other hotels in India! The bell service kept me updated on my delivery's and the

• Stayed October 2013
Dear coconawty,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the service and facilities. The team will have a big smile when they see your feedback! We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

bryanblaw
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Really enjoyed this hotel and stayed here for 2 months. I also preferred it to the Taj Palace in the southern part of the city as the rooms did not have a dank smell and the gym was better.

As is normal for the Taj, the service was wonderful. The hotel appears modern, the rooms comfortable with a separate shower and bath, and the view (at least of the pool) is nice. Overall, the internet is good, though not great for streaming and sometimes would cut if using skype. The gym is really impressive for a hotel (with several treadmills, rowing machines, free weights, and lots of machines). Also, the food quality was good. Another plus is that Taj Lands End is in Bandra, which has a good collection of restaurants and nightlife. I would definitely recommend if you are coming to Mumbai and chose it over Taj Palace, which is in a more touristy area.

Room Tip: A view of the pool is prettier than the sea.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear bryanblaw,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for sharing your detailed stay experience here on TripAdvisor.

It pleases us to learn that you were impressed with our service areas and facilities offered including Health & fitness centre. Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our associates. We are happy that they were able to take care of all your requirements with warmth and professionalism and your appreciation will definitely be conveyed to them.
The Taj Lands End, Mumbai is known for ‘taking an extra step’ and providing our guests with great experiences.

Epping, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I was in Mumbai for 5 days for a trip involving CPD for Chemistry teachers. Having stayed in a Taj hotel in Bangalore I couldn't believe any hotel could be better... but this was.We were met at the airport by three hotel cars (for 6 of us) and swiftly and safely whisked to the hotel arriving at midnight. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff who settled us in quickly and with a minimum of fuss greeting us with garlands of flowers placed around our shoulders.The hotel rooms are more 'traditional' than those in the hotel in Bangalore but were excellently appointed. The bathroom was spacious with separate bath and shower enclosure with a separate toilet, with bidet, leading from the bathroom. There was plenty of comfortable seating in the room and a spacious desk. Service in the hotel was efficient beyond belief. I requested to have some laundry and pressing done. It was collected from my room while I had breakfast and returned before I finished my working day - that was the standard service so I don't know how fast the express service would be.
The outside of the hotel has lovely gardens with a pool and there is a spa and gym although I did not use these.
The business centre was well equipped and the use of a meeting room was arranged for us at short notice.
The lobby bar/cafe served drinks and snacks but the four restaurants were outstanding. We used the Vista for the extensive breakfast service where European and Indian breakfasts were available but only from 7 am. One day we had an early start so I ordered room service breakfast which was served promptly at requested time and immaculately served on a trolley.The Italian Restaurant Maritime (an offshoot of San Lorenzo in London) served a mainly seafood menu as its name suggests - excellent food and attentive service. But the outstanding restaurant was Ming Yang, which served Szechuan chinese cuisine. We ate there twice and the food was as good as I have ever tasted in Chinese restaurants (my partner works for the founder of Hakkasan and Yauatcha in London so I know what I am talking about!) During my first visit to the restaurant with 2 colleagues there was some loud noise coming from an event in the ballroom below and the staff were concerned that I might not return but the food was so good that on our last night I took all six of us and we were treated like royalty and at the end of the meal were served with a complimentary chocolate cake iced with the words 'Bon Voyage'
Again when we left, the hotel three complimentary cars were provided to take us to the airport and my driver was helpful and courteous, making sure that we had our passports/tickets etc. before leaving and taking us direct to the correct door for our airline.

Room Tip: Rooms on the inside of the L shaped building side have a better view over the gardens, pool and towa...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear David E,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

It brings me immense pleasure to hear that you chose to stay with us during your recent visit to Mumbai and found the services and amenities to be up to your desired expectations.

It pleases me to hear that you found the overall ambience of the hotel positive and found the view from your room spectacular. We offer the largest entry size rooms in North Mumbai city and I’m glad that you found these spacious and comfortable. I’m glad the associates were able to take care of your needs and requirements and serve you with warmth and courtesy. We offer a total of five food and beverage venues in the hotel. Vista, our all day dining multi-cuisine restaurant that offers guests an experience of flavours from across the world.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This was my second business trip to the Taj Lands End in Mumbai. What a lovely hotel. The staff are great .
I was upgraded to one of the club floors, in a room with a sea view. It was absolutely wonderful - I didn't want to leave!

Room service was quick and delicious and the regular buffet restaurant was good well.

The fitness center was great as well, very modern with attentive staff.

If I was coming back to Mumbai, I would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear natchee

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

It pleases me to hear that you found the overall ambience of the hotel positive and found the view from your room spectacular. We offer the largest entry size rooms in North Mumbai city and I’m glad that you found these spacious and comfortable. I’m glad the associates were able to take care of your needs and requirements and serve you with warmth and courtesy. We thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at the Taj Lands Ends, Mumbai!

Jamshedpur, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Another comfortable and excellent stay at a Taj property. Of the same high standards of Service, hospitality and comfort; had a large nice room on the 9th floor with excellent views of the sea, the Mumbai skyline and the Sea Link bridge; the rooms with even numbers from XX30 to XX50 have this superb view. The gym too has an excellent view of the sea which is a great inspiration, breakfast too is great with lots of variety. In short a stay worth it

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Prasanto,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Taj Lands End, Mumbai.
It is our earnest endeavour to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us.
Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback.
We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Taj Lands End, Mumbai soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I constantly travel to Mumbai for business every one - two months.As a discerning traveller my requirements are simple Serenity,Hygiene,Security and Courtesy.
The Taj Lands end provides all three and has exemplary staff whom are genuine and have a code of conduct.I had stayed with my son in August and in September with two guests of mine.Each time we visited different hotels to eat out and both my son and guests observed the difference in terms of staff aptitude and competency.The Taj has has set the par which other hotel chains need to aspire to.A smile and a level of understanding is a vital component of the Hotel industry.Which the Taj Land end excels at.The check in staff,the cleaners,butler service and waiters all put a great deal effort.A admirable trait of any organisation is the high retention of staff and long term noticeable faces.That the Taj has.Well done.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear AAEP999,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

It is always a pleasure to have you with us and we would like to thank you for your continuous patronage and also for sharing your stay experience on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to learn that at all times you found the service and attitude of our associates genuine and warm, and that they were able to take care of all your requirements with utmost professionalism and care.
We strive to go the extra mile and provide our guests with a comfortable, ‘home away from home’ experience and we are glad you had a warm, comfortable, and memorable experience with us. Your appreciation for the team will definitely be conveyed to the team, who I am sure will be encouraged to continue to serve our guests with courtesy.
We thank you for your patronage, recommendation and valuable feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Birgit Zorniger

Been to Taj Lands End? Share your experiences!