I stayed here recently on business. The rooms and the food are very good, and the staff are delightful. The view from my room, of the Rajiv Gandhi bridge across to Mumbai was impressive. I chose this location, because I was working for 3 days in downtown Mumbai, and being just across the bridge made this place convenient. For that reason, I chose it over hotels closer to the airport, such as the Leela, which are also good. It did turn out to be more convenient than an airport hotel, for downtown. It takes about 10 minutes to get onto the Rajiv Gandhi bridge in the morning, due to hold ups in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. Returning in the evening takes a bit longer, becuase the traffic system onto the bridge is very inefficient leaving the city, and there are more hold-ups near the hotel itself. Unlike airport hotels, you do need to pay here, for airport transfers. So it is efficient for multiple downtown trips, but not for a single trip.
Speaking of airport transfers, OK there was a pre monsoon shower, so lots of accidents on the way to the hotel (after about 15 I lost count) but the driver does need to cut down on his expletives.
The restaurant was very well set up, with excellent food. On the other hand, everything else seems a bit too focussed on the lobby, with limited options elsewhere for bars... though perhaps I did not look hard enough. Also, whilst the fitness room is large, some of the equipment there was distinctly ropey... but these are minor niggles that can be coped with.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taj Lands End, Mumbai offers the best of both worlds - breathtaking views of the sea and the energy of city life. The hotel is located in the heart of Bandra, which buzzes with activity day and night. An integral part of the Taj Luxury Hotels, Taj Lands End offers some of the city's finest accommodation, dining experiences, and comprehensive conferencing and banqueting facilities. The hotel offers the ideal blend of business and leisure with easy accessibility to the Bandra-Kurla, Andheri and Worli business districts as well as the domestic and international airport. Taj Lands End Mumbai is modern, but like all Taj hotels, reflects India's warm and heartfelt traditions of hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Taj Lands End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Lands End Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Taj Lands End Mumbai Hotel