“Good location & great view” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Taj Lands End

You added Taj Lands End to your Saves list
Taj Lands End
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Band Stand, Bandra West | Bandra, Mumbai (Bombay) 400 050, India   |
Ranked #10 of 396 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Midlands
“Good location & great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed here recently on business. The rooms and the food are very good, and the staff are delightful. The view from my room, of the Rajiv Gandhi bridge across to Mumbai was impressive. I chose this location, because I was working for 3 days in downtown Mumbai, and being just across the bridge made this place convenient. For that reason, I chose it over hotels closer to the airport, such as the Leela, which are also good. It did turn out to be more convenient than an airport hotel, for downtown. It takes about 10 minutes to get onto the Rajiv Gandhi bridge in the morning, due to hold ups in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. Returning in the evening takes a bit longer, becuase the traffic system onto the bridge is very inefficient leaving the city, and there are more hold-ups near the hotel itself. Unlike airport hotels, you do need to pay here, for airport transfers. So it is efficient for multiple downtown trips, but not for a single trip.
Speaking of airport transfers, OK there was a pre monsoon shower, so lots of accidents on the way to the hotel (after about 15 I lost count) but the driver does need to cut down on his expletives.
The restaurant was very well set up, with excellent food. On the other hand, everything else seems a bit too focussed on the lobby, with limited options elsewhere for bars... though perhaps I did not look hard enough. Also, whilst the fitness room is large, some of the equipment there was distinctly ropey... but these are minor niggles that can be coped with.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear MidlandsFlyAbout,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the service and facilities. The team will have a big smile when they see your feedback! We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly. My e-mail address for easy reference is birgit.zorniger@tajhotels.com.

Birgit Zorniger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (550)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

We had booked a base category room and on arrival were upgraded to the club room with lounge access which was great. The room was fab with great views. The bathroom was amazing and even had a temperature regulated toilet seat..the bath tub was with a personal tv. The service was great ad the staff went out of their way to help us and oir nine month old son. The swimming pool was grt and our son thoroughly enjoyed it! All in all an excellent stay!

• Stayed June 2013
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear abhiami,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted to learn that you and your family had a pleasant and fulfilling stay with us. Our Club Rooms provide enhanced room & in-room amenities and exclusive access to the club lounge. We offer the largest entry size rooms in the North Mumbai and are happy to learn that you found these spacious and comfortable.The team will have a big smile when they see your feedback! We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
My e-mail address for easy reference is birgit.zorniger@tajhotels.com.

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Everything here is wonderful. The rooms. The view. The food. The bathrooms. The cleanliness. The executive floor. The service. You name it, its wonderful.
The only thing I could recommend is the addition of another restaurant. The buffet, Chindian and Indian restaurants are great but I wish you had a Japanese or Mediterranean alternative. You have the space but it is a void in an otherwise amazing hotel!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite. They are amazing.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ali M,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

It pleases me to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us during your visit to Mumbai and found the services and amenities to be up to your desired expectations.

Vista, our multi-cuisine dining venue, offers guests a lavish buffet spread with selections from Indian, Western and Oriental cuisines and I’m glad you had a pleasurable dining experience.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at the Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Mohali, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed in this hotel and loved it. View from the room was amazing with South Mumbai skyline, Arabian sea and Worli sea link. Hotel staff was wonderful, friendly and very efficient. Check in and check out was very quick. Room size was good. Bathroom was spacious and elegant. Recommend it highly for the stay in Mumbai.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear msingh27,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We are glad you chose to stay with us during your visit to Mumbai. It pleases me to know that your stay was comfortable and you found the services and amenities to be up to your desired expectations.
We offer the largest entry size rooms in the North Mumbai city and I’m glad you found these spacious and comfortable.
We thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of your continued visits to Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I've stayed at the Taj Lands End for business twice and this hotel is amazing!
Very clean and they change the flower arrangements in the lobby few times a month.
You receive complimentary cookies, fruits, bottled water and wine as well.
I left a tip everyday and they clean the room nicely and leaving flowers for you to enjoy!
The room has a big bed and bathroom. The bathroom was probably my favorite.
I've always stayed on the 17th floor, but what I've seen the rooms were a lot nicer above the 20th floor.

Their buffet is delicious!
They serve a variety of meat for the morning breakfast.
I am not much of a meat eater, but for some people who miss bacon would be happy to know they serve that here.
If you have some money to spend, I highly recommend the Sunday brunch.
The hotel also has a Chinese restaurant called Min Yang. Everything I had their was delicious.
If it's your birthday the hotel sends a complimentary birthday cake to your room.
It's very good.

The hotel is close to many amazing restaurants and places to shop.
The train station is fairly nearby.
It's easy to find a taxi or a rickshaw near the hotel, but I would walk a little further to find a driver that won't rip you off. It is a little unavoidable though if you look foreign, but if you know some hindi there might be a less chance they would take advantage of you.
You can get a meter chart from the hotel concierge which you can use, but I never used it because it was a little confusing. Also sometimes the meters seemed like they were rigged.

Anyways, Taj Lands End definitely made my stay in Mumbai very comfortable.

Room Tip: I've always stayed on the 17th floor, but what I've seen the rooms were a lot nicer above th...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Remi R,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

It brings me immense pleasure to hear that you chose to stay with us during your recent visit to Mumbai and found the services and amenities to be up to your desired expectations.

It pleases me to hear that you found the overall ambience of the hotel positive and found the view from your room spectacular. We offer the largest entry size rooms in North Mumbai city and I’m glad that you found these spacious and comfortable. I’m glad the associates were able to take care of your needs and requirements and serve you with warmth and courtesy. We offer a total of four food and beverage venues in the hotel and are happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast spread at Vista, our all day dining multi-cuisine restaurant that offers guests an experience of flavors from across the world.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at the Taj Lands Ends, Mumbai!

India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

i love this hotel . the moment you step into it , and you know you have good things in store . go to the coffee shop or masala bay or ming yang . you relish the food every where u go specially the chinese , i love it . the rooms are all facing arabian sea . its an aristocratic experience . its a delight . Every thing is good about this place . And the staff just love to serve you .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear travel_f00d_l0ver,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

It pleases me to hear that you found the overall ambiance of the hotel positive. I’m glad the associates were able to take care of your needs and requirements and serve you with warmth and courtesy. We offer a total of four food and beverage venues in the hotel and are happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast spread at Vista, our all day dining multi-cuisine restaurant that offers guests an experience of flavors from across the world.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times now and I love it every time. The rooms are beautiful, the food is amazing, but it is the staff that makes the stay so wonderful. They all know your name and are helpful without being overbearing. I can't say enough and would highly recommend staying here in one of the updated rooms.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room that faces the water and downtown.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear DCBecca,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

It is always a pleasure to have you with us and we would like to thank you for your continuous patronage and also for sharing your stay experience on TripAdvisor.

we are delighted to learn that at all times you found the service and attitude of our associates genuine and warm, and that they were able to take care of all your requirements with utmost professionalism and care. We strive to go the extra mile and provide our guests with a comfortable, ‘home away from home’ experience and we are glad you had a warm, comfortable, and memorable experience with us. Your appreciation for the team will definitely be conveyed to the team, who I am sure will be encouraged to continue to serve our guests with courtesy. We are glad that you enjoyed the breakfast spread at Feast, our signature multi-cuisine restaurant known for the lavishness of the buffet and variety offered.

We thank you for your patronage, recommendation and valuable feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Birgit Zorniger

Been to Taj Lands End? Share your experiences!