“Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Taj Lands End

You added Taj Lands End to your Saves list
Taj Lands End
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Band Stand, Bandra West | Bandra, Mumbai (Bombay) 400 050, India   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Extended Stay Offer
Ranked #7 of 389 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Jodhpur, India
“Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

First, the location of the hotel is superb. take a sea facing rooms and you cud enjoy a perfect sunset from your room, its right in front of you. Friendly staff, since this my first stay at lands end I was given an upgrade, thanks to Jubin, A very nice gesture.
I only had 1 issue - A very unpleasant spell kept coming on the entire floor, i.e., 18th floor.
The rooms are clean & come with a master control board right next to you bed, from where you can control the entire room - Luxury. what i didnt liked about the room was decor. Very minimal and basic. All Biege color, was a little dull for me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, July 2, 2013

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the service and facilities. The team will have a big smile when they see your feedback! We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly.

Birgit Zorniger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
  • Turkish first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

great experience for two business nights, each and every member of the hotel will take care of your micro details and ensure you feel at home.

Customer is King is what we learn in our B school, get to feel only when I stay with Taj.

Keep up the emotional connect with your customers....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

As you approach the hotel, it looks a bit of a dump.

Step inside, amazing.

Staff are outstanding, the rooms are amazing, very nice pool area if you have the time.

Doesn't feel like Mumbai as you are a little detached from the hustle and bustle. (Or chaos of the south) Bandra is a bit of a happening area so plenty of little bars to visit in the evening.

My #1 choice to unwind once work is done.

Room Tip: I guess any west facing room, or north/south for that matter gets the sea. I didn't see an eas...

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The Taj Land's End is designed for the business traveller in Mumbai, with the well trained and highly motivated team doing their very best to make your stay as comfortable and hassle free as possible. The rooms are tastefully appointed, very functional and comfortable, with a wonderful view if you are in one of the sea facing rooms.

The Health Club is unusually spacious with good cardio equipment and, of course, a great sea view. The pool is a bit disappointing, though, and I hope the strength training equipment in the gym would be upgraded soon! Otherwise a great hotel, relatively close to the airport.

The food at the coffee shop, Vista, was excellent, and prepared just the way we wanted it. The wine selection is very good too, and you will find a reasonably priced wine to go with your meal. The breakfast is great and the service impeccable.

Would recommend this hotel to any business traveller without hesitation!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea facing room on the higher floors...

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

If you need to stay in Bandra, this is the place...close to the shopping area on Linking Road, and a short drive to Juhu Beach. The staff was marvelous, solving several problems with total aplomb, and making everything look easy. We have been to Mumbai often and usually stay near the airport. The usual location was booked up, and we had been to this property before to visit a friend who came to town and stayed here. Definitely a hotel of choice from now on! From top to bottom the hotel is a memorable event

Room Tip: there isn't a bad room in this hotel, from what we could see. We were given a high ocean view r...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, July 3, 2013

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed here for work for about 3 nights and it was fabulous. I think its the only 5 rating I've ever given. The Rooms were nice, the food was excellent and the staff...what can I say..they were more than eager to please and help us with anything we needed. Our room had a very nice view of the water. Probably the best hotel I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, July 4, 2013

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The Taj Land's End has to be one of the best hotels I have stayed at. The level of service is irreproachable, way above any of the hotel chains I have stayed at, including the Hyatt. I don't know how much they train their staff, but most chains would do well to copy this. Beautiful view from my room, great breakfast food, great food in the Club Lounge. The swimming pool would probably need an update but their gym is one of the best gyms I have ever seen, really compensates. I will definitely be back. An important tip: I recommend using an outside service to rent a car. I have a local guy I use for car rental who charges 1500 Rs a day with driver for the full day. By comparison, the Taj charges 3 thousand rupees for a one way trip to the airport. For about the same price, I was able to rent a car for two days, to eventually drop me at the airport. So I'd say the one thing to think about is transportation options. If you ask for a taxi from the Taj, they will send you one of the Cool Cabs that are hanging around, and charge double the price of regular cabs. I took rickshaws outside the hotel and asked them to drop me at a taxi. This is what you have to do in Bandra if you want to save money on transportation. Or rent a car. I'd avoid the Taj cars, always overpriced...But I guess they have to make money somewhere to give that kind of excellent service !

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a high floor with a sea view, it is worth it. The Club rooms are really great...

Birgit Zorniger

Been to Taj Lands End? Share your experiences!