“Service Like You've Never Experienced” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Oberoi, Mumbai

You added The Oberoi, Mumbai to your Saves list
The Oberoi, Mumbai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nariman Point, Mumbai (Bombay), India   |
Ranked #1 of 399 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Washington, DC
“Service Like You've Never Experienced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

I've stayed at some of the finest hotels in the world, and while Oberoi goes toe to toe with them in the facilities category, what sets this hotel aside is the phenomenal service. I have to be honest, I almost feel guilty at times - although it seems clear that every employee here seems to take great pride in being the best in the world.

Case in point. I noticed my suit pants were a tad bit too tight - my tailor in the US went a little too far. I mentioned this to my butler (I know, insane), and the very next day I had a tailor in my room taking my measurements. Pants were tailored to perfection, same day, and you guessed it...no charge.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this review, September 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai and for sharing your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to receive your feedback and to note that having stayed at many hotels, you have rated us as one of the finest hotels in the world.

At The Oberoi, the team is committed and empowered and make every effort to exceed our guests expectations. Your feedback inspires us even further. I am so happy that the butler took the initiative to call in a tailor and helped you with your trouser.

The team and I, look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Executive Vice President

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

Oberoi Mumbai was the last hotel I stayed during my two weeks visit to India. I was suppose to stay in another 5 star hotel but unfortunately that hotel was very disappointing. So I went to Oberoi without even reservation, and Mr. Sanyam in front office just calm me down and gave me a great room with the best rate. the other hotel charged me for one night!!!! From the moment I entered until the moment I left, I was pampered with the best service. I got sick and asked them for help, their Doctor called right away. The staff even bought my medication and brought it to my room.
Although I was sick but they made my stay very comfortable.
I was very pleased that I changed my hotel and stayed in Oberoi Mumbai and wanted to thank Mr. Sanyam again for his excellent assistance.
Oberoi hotels are just the best hotels.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai and for sharing your very generous feedback through TripAdvisor.

To begin with, I hope you have recovered and are feeling better. We are delighted to note from your feedback that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel during the last your leg of your trip to India.

I am very happy to note that Sanyam Saigal took great care of you during your stay with us. Your mention about our service being the best you have experienced, is very inspiring and motivating.

I have personally conveyed your appreciation to Mr. Sanyam Saigal, Duty Manager for whom it will be a tremendous source of encouragement.

The team and I, look forward to your continued visits.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my family in the month of August and truly it was a wonderful experience. The hospitality, service, rooms etc was just exemplary. Recommend everyone to stay at this hotel and get pampered

• Stayed August 2014
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this review, August 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have your family and you stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai and we thank you for sharing feedback of your stay through TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to receive your feedback and to learn that you had a wonderful experience and that you found the hotel to be exemplary.

Your feedback is very encouraging. Thank you for recommending The Oberoi, Mumbai.

The team and I, look forward to your continued visits.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

Stayed a night there on our trip to Bombay for a friends wedding. It is undoubtedly one of the best hotels I have stayed in. The service was exceptional. The room was very modern. From the pool area you can see the beautiful sea. The best part of the whole stay was the breakfast. The food was amazing and had a huge huge spread.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai and thank you for sharing your experience through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that you have rated us as one of the best hotels and that you were happy with the service, the room, the pool and especially the breakfast selection.

Such feedback is very rewarding for the team, which puts in a lot of effort to exceed our guest’s experiences.

I do hope that you have more opportunities to visit us again in the not too distant future and give us a chance to welcome you back.

Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

I have stayed in the Oberoi Mumabi hotel during 5 days, and the stage has been really excellent.
Great service, very quiet and good rooms, excellent food.
Basically, this is an excellent hotel, very close to the most beautifull area of Mumbai (Kolaba) with beautyfull viwes to the bay,
The attention of the stuff is extremelly perfect with no doubt, looking after all the detaills you can imagine.
From my point of view, this hotel is in the top of the quality in Mumbai.

Room Tip: Rooms in front of the bay are really having spectacular views.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this review, September 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Oberoi, Mumbai and for rating us as the “topmost in quality” hotel in Mumbai.

We are very pleased to learn of your experience and to note that you enjoyed the service, the room, the location, the view and the food at the hotel. Our team is consistently trained to emphasise on the small details to ensure memorable experiences for our guests. Your feedback is motivating and a reward for their effort.

The team and I, look forward to your continued visits and to welcoming you back each time you visit The Oberoi, Mumbai.

Cork Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Start to finish, great 5 star hotel. Expensive but great service, great food, great staff and superb accommodation.
Happy to have experienced the Oberoi Mumbai. It's central as well, on Marine Drive, short walk to Colaba and the Gateway of India.

Stayed August 2014
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai.

We are very happy to receive your feedback and to learn that you enjoyed the food, the accommodation and the service at our hotel.

Your feedback is very encouraging and motivating.

I do hope that business or a leisure trip see you return soon.

Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

I ventured to Mumbai by my lonesome for a few days on my way to Chennai (Madras). I must say, as my first trip to India, I was both very pleased and a bit taken aback by the arrangements.

The pre-arranged transportation I requested turned out to be a new Audi A8 with full white-glove driver, who was immensely down-to-earth and service oriented. It was really quite an experience looking out the window to see, for example, the sweeping immense outdoor laundry facilities and slums from the backseat of the 8. But such is Mumbai, where I found rows of Bentleys in front of the clubs at night not far from some of the worst living conditions on the planet.

In regards to the hotel, the accommodations and service were Oberoi-level quality. There was a full-time trainer posted in the gym that was super nice. The pool is great and the location of the hotel is very pleasant along the quay.

The hotel is not far from Antilia, the Ambani residence, so be sure to check that out while you're here. I imagine there is a more business-oriented clientele here typically but for me, the experience was all quite novel.

Room Tip: Request a room with a window facing the bay. Use their drivers if not their cars.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to share experience of your stay through TripAdvisor.

We are happy to receive your feedback and to learn that you had an enjoyable stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai and that our service and facilities exceeded your expectations.

I have shared your compliments with the chauffeurs for whom it will be a tremendous source of inspiration.

The team and I, look forward to welcoming you in the not too distant future.

Executive Vice President

Been to The Oberoi, Mumbai? Share your experiences!