“Great Hotel with Excellant Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Oberoi, Mumbai

You added The Oberoi, Mumbai to your Saves list
The Oberoi, Mumbai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nariman Point, Mumbai (Bombay), India   |
Ranked #1 of 396 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
London, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel with Excellant Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Congratulations to Hotel Manager - Varun Chhibber and his team for running a great hotel. We were visiting Mumbai and stayed for the 3 nights in June. Everything was wonderful about this place. Special thanks to the pool side team who always brought us treats and refreshments and to the gentleman singing in the bar lounge ( who sang an amazing song for our wedding anniversary). We enjoyed our room and the very helpful/friendly staff. We hope to make this hotel our home away from home whenever in Mumbai!

Best,
James Robertson

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Oberoi to celebrate your wedding anniversary.

We are delighted to note that experience at the hotel was most enjoyable.

Your generous praise has been shared with the band at The Eau Bar, the Pool team and especially Mr. Varun Chhibber for whom it will be a tremendous source of inspiration.

The team and I, look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Mumbai.

Executive Vice President

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
Sèvres
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have stayed two nights at Oberoi Mumbai end July 2013 and must say that they have overcome all expectations. Check-in service is highly efficient (I had arrived at 1.00am) and they upgraded me in a luxury bayview suite. The Fenix restaurant is offering a very important range of meals from European to Indian as well as many japanese specialties. At any time and in all places of the hotel, including room service the service is the best you can get. It will be difficult to get better (may be in another Oberoi resort). You can go there without any doubt.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai and we thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay and that our service and facilities exceeded your expectations.

We also thank you very much for recommending The Oberoi, Mumbai.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I normally stay at the Trident Nariman Point in Mumbai which is a ‘sister’ hotel to The Oberoi in Mumbai. This is the first time that I have stayed at the Oberoi and what a wonderful hotel. The hotel is linked to the Trident which is great as you can select which restaurants you want to eat at. The luxury and service at this hotel is wonderful and flawless. Between my local agent (Travelite India) and the hotel we were upgraded to an Ocean View Premier Suite and wow it was incredible. On arrival whilst we were in our rooms ‘checking-in’ my daughter was chatting to Chaitanya (Front Office) and she happened to mention that she loved Mango’s – well needless to say when we came back from shopping she had been given the most unbelievable mango desert with a personalised note to her from Chaitanya….now that’s attention to detail. The suite was comfortable, spacious and had every amenity under the sun. My daughter used the gym facilities and was blown away from the personalised service she received from the Gym instructor – he kept giving her water and making sure she was okay and comfortable. The concierge and front desk staff are all wonderful, helpful, and happy and are literally at your beck and call 24/7 like all the Oberoi’s. The porter’s and security staff are also great – making you feel comfortable on arrival. No request is to big or small at this hotel and this is another property that I would most defiantly recommend for both the leisure and business traveller alike. I would like to compliment the GM’s from all the Oberoi’s that I have stayed in but I would also like to compliment the Management team that train their staff…

Room Tip: Ocean View Rooms are the best as the views are beautiful
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

It was indeed a pleasure having your family and you stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai and we thank you for sharing your encouraging feedback through TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to learn that you had a wonderful stay and that you enjoyed the ambience, service and the facilities of the hotel.

Your feedback is very motivating and inspires the team to strive harder towards excellence.

Your generous compliments have been shared with Mr. Chaitanya Sharma, for whom it will be a tremendous source of inspiration.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back and thank you for recommending The Oberoi, Mumbai.

Pune
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was the best experience for me so far. I had booked the lowest category room by price, which was the delux room, however when I arrived for check-in, they said they are running a promotional offer for corporate guests and upgraded my room to an Executive Suite with Ocean view. That was just fantastic, no words for that full ocean view 800 sq ft suite both living room and bedroom with roof-to-floor size glass window facing the sea. Staff was very friendly, they really treat you like a Prince. Awesome experience overall. I now know my hotel has to be The Oberoi whenever I visit Mumbai.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai and for sharing your valuable feedback through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that you had an enjoyable experience and that you will always choose to stay at The Oberoi on your future visits to Mumbai.

I have shared your feedback with the team. Your appreciation encourages and inspires them to scale greater heights of excellence.

The team and I, look forward to your continued visits.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I love this hotel, I never had a better service in my life. The staff are very very friendly, professional, helpful, polite and always smiling. I have stayed twice in the Oberoi the rooms are amazing, comfortable, very good size and beautifully designed. The meeting room and the business center are excellent. The gym is excellent too, the spa is amazing very relaxing. The pool looked nice clean and beautiful with a nice view. The Indian restaurant on the first floor have the best food (I just love Indian food). Mumbai is a mega city the location was good for the purpose of my trip

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

The team and I, look forward to your continued visits.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed in this Hotel June 2013 in a Premier Ocean View Room. It's 400 sq ft bright and done in modern style. Nice working are and a couch. Room had a large glass window and you get the view of ocean. You can black out the room with motorized curtain.

Bathroom also large with separate shower area. A free standing bathtub also provided with a small LCD TV in bathroom. Having all good quality toiletries but I don't know why toothbrush and paste not provided, though it was provided upon request to house keeping.

Lobby is huge and housed a coffee shop, fenix, this is the place where you can have buffet breakfast. It was included in my room rate.
Breakfast was OK. I did not find the buffet spread as lavish as I find in other hotel falling in this category. Although all basic things were there but lacking oomph and varieties of some gourmet items.

Best thing about hotel is the checkin process with premier room. They treat you like VIP. Executve was waiting for me and greeted when I got down from Car and directly escorted me to my room. All the checkin process was done their in the room. She was carrying a handy scanner to scan you ID as it's mandatory as per some Indian government rule.
So checkin process was finished within a few minute at the room itself.

BTW I forgot to mention you that pickup and drop was included and they get it done using an Audi A8L. So it's absolutely value for money and location is also amidst of Mumbai business district, The Nariman Point.

I also tried their EAU bar. It was nice more details will be in my review of this Bar separately.

Health club - I used their gymnasium. It is also ocean view with all modern machine to do work out for your all muscles group.
For sure you won't miss anything from you regular fitness club.

Overall highly suggest this hotel if you have work in that area of Mumbai.

Room Tip: Get a ocean view room. They got a nice and bright view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai and we thank you for taking out time to review the hotel on TripAdvisor.

We are all very happy to receive your detailed feedback. It is very motivating for the team.

I have noted your feedback regarding our breakfast selection. We shall further review the offer.

Thank you for recommending The Oberoi, Mumbai. The team and I, look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

OMG!!!

You really don't know what you don't know...

This is the most amazing experience on the planet. From the security guard to the Butler. .. No words can explain.

We had to hide from some of the staff so as not to inconvenience them. .. No request too much to exceed.

.... as for the food. .. OMG2... Don't request anything as it WILL be 10x better and 5x quantity. .. and you don't want to disappoint the chefs.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai and we thank you for sharing your review through TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to receive your feedback and to note that you enjoyed the service, food, and the location of the hotel.

Your appreciation of our team members is very rewarding and will motivate them to strive harder for excellence.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warm regards,
Executive Vice President

Been to The Oberoi, Mumbai? Share your experiences!