I was thrilled to unexpectedly end up in a room in the Palace.
Wonderful room, delightful staff, fabulous staircase and dome. I loved every second I stayed there and miss it already!
Beautiful large swimming pool, and a wide range of places to eat at eye-watering prices....but you get what you pay for, so I treated myself.
Breakfast in the sea lounge was a delight with a view of the Gate of India every morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The history of Mumbai and The Taj Mahal Palace are dramatically intertwined. The hotel is Mumbai’s first harbour landmark (built 21 years before the Gateway of India) and the site of the first licensed bar in the city. For more than a century, the Taj has played an intrinsic part in the life of the city, hosting Maharajas, dignitaries and eminent personalities from across the globe. Today it is a Leading Hotel of the World and favourite destination for discerning business travellers. A treasure-trove of invaluable memorabilia, there is a story to tell behind every pillar, a landmark deal in every boardroom, and a storied celebration under every awning. Come be a part of the legend.Overlooking the Gateway of India with a panoramic view of the bay, every one of the 560 rooms including 44 suites are the perfect blend of rich history and modern convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Taj Mahal Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Mahal Palace Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Hotel Taj Mahal Palace
- Taj Hotels
- The Taj Mahal Palace Hotel
- Taj Palace Hotel
- The Taj Mahal Hotel
- The Taj Hotel