“"A True Masterpiece"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Taj Mahal Palace

You added The Taj Mahal Palace to your Saves list
The Taj Mahal Palace
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15/17 NF Road, Amrut Keslav Naik Marg | Near Apollo Bunder, Mumbai (Bombay) 400001, India   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Christmas & NewYear Offer
Ranked #2 of 389 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Mumbai
“"A True Masterpiece"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

The TAJ Mahal Palace & Towers Mumbai is truly a masterpiece in every aspect. Right from the time your car enters the property till the time you are escorted to your room the experience is fantastic.
Check - In: Lightning Fast
Service: Excellent is the least i can describe
Rooms: Large & Cosy
I was celebrating our new marriage in this hotel. Since it was our honeymoon the hotel decorated our rooms and did arrange a complimentary cake. My wife being Jain was not able to eat this one as it contained egg but the service staff (Himanshu) did went out of the way and came back with an eggless one which really made our day.
I would also like to thank Ms.Gunjan for educating & highlighting us on the history of TAJ during our heritage tour. Her knowledge and enthusiasm and pride of being an TAJ employee was clearly reflected in her way she conducted this heritage tour. Finally i would like to thank all the staff who made m stay really memorable.
"Looking forward to come back soon"

Room Tip: Ask for a High Floor Room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
tmhgm_bom, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, responded to this review, March 17, 2014

Greetings from The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Taj.

Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team. Your kind words of appreciation for our staff members will go a long way in motivating and encouraging them to do even better in future.

Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Taj soon.

The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (764)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I have traveled all over the world and stayed at the finest hotels in each city. Nothing compares to what I just had at the Taj Mahal Palace.

There's an extraordinary sense of history that surrounds the building. It's ideally located for access to all of the sites.

You step in and it's stepping into another time, one more genteel. The city itself is beautiful and brutal, but the Taj offers an amazing escape after a long day.

First piece of advice is to spring for the Palace rather than the Tower rooms. I was immediately upgraded to the most magnificent suite with a view of the Fate Of India and the Arabian Sea.

The staff is phenomenal, so helpful, and by the second day, they treat you as if you're a regular.

The breakfast spread is sumptuous. Sitting on the veranda outdoors among the lush tropical greenery with ceiling fans was a daily treat.

The bar is really fun, great music, and fantastic patio.

Every detail has been carefully attended.

They had to drag me out of there kicking and screaming. If I could afford it, I would have never left.

Room Tip: Go for the Palace rooms. They offer the history and are beautifully appointed. I chose the view of t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for business and it was very well located with good business services and WiFi, breakfast and pool (actually it is a great pool). The service was first rate: with the most attentive and painless check-ins I have ever had; helpful concierge; prompt food and room service and easy check out. The rooms were fine with good views, but like the rest of the hotel are just starting to show their age which for the balance of the hotel is fine but a progressive refresh of the rooms would be welcome. I stayed in the new wing.

Room Tip: Try a get a room in the Old wing for their charrm
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Greetings from The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai.

I have also noted your feedback on the quality of room in the Tower Wing and appreciate your honest feedback.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

One of the most magnificent hotels in the world, The Taj & it's management have remained resolute in their promise to treat their guests with the utmost courtesy. Rising like a phoenix from the tragedy of 2008, it has quickly restored itself to it's old glory. The salon, the pool, the lovely restaurants & the beautiful rooms (with superb bathrooms) are all enhanced by the attention to the details & excellent service. Even the tightest security measures are carried out with exceptional politeness & efficiency. Staying here is an experience of a lifetime & I've been fortunate enough to experience that more than once.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent but some double rooms are relatively smaller.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Greetings from The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai.

I have also noted your feedback on the size of the double room and appreciate your honest feedback.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

I arrived as one does at 2am and was quickly bundled into a room and slept like a dream. The next morning I woke up to looking at the backside of Mumbai not a pretty site. I went down and chatted to the receptionist and for about an extra USD 25 I moved to room 806 and my world was transformed. It looked straight out onto the gates of India. The downside is if your have the doors open it is a lot more noisy. This did not bother me I liked looking out onto the hustle and bustle. Noise free when one closes the door. The rooms service is nice and efficient. Breakfast outside is a must don't sit inside go sit by the pool. However walking to fetch your food and back is a little walk well worth the effort as that area has oldy worldly charm.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

This year I stayed three nights and was welcomed back like an old friend. Apart from the magnificent architecture, superb dining experiences and out of this world spa, the hotel staff make this a very special experience. All of the staff I encountered couldn't have been more helpful, professional and friendly, particularly the Historical Tour guide - nothing was too much trouble for them. They took pride in their hotel, noticed little things and anticipated needs and all went the extra yard for their guests. A particular incident stands out - I lost the lower portion of an earring - not an expensive earring but one of great sentimental value to me. After looking around my room and retracing my steps, I mentioned it to several staff members just in case someone turned it in and then, not expecting to see it again, I went to the pool. A short time later, I was approached by a security guard, Kamini, who took a complete report including photos of the remaining one and left promising to report back to me. I was overjoyed when i went back to my room and found the missing piece on the desk. I called Security and told Kamini - she didn't know but was as pleased as I was that it was found. I still don't know who found it or where it was found but what other hotel would go to so much trouble for a guest? Again, this was not the Hope Diamond! A stay in the Taj Mahal Palace is a must for anyone visiting Mumbai and the Historical Tour of the hotel is an added treat - fascinating history. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
tmhgm_bom, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, responded to this review, March 6, 2014

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We stayed three nights in the Palace Wing and had an excellent experience. The Taj Palace in Bombay is without a doubt, the grandest, most architecturally impressive and historic hotel I have ever stayed at. The hotel is immaculately maintained, has stunning interiors (in the palace wing) and has beautiful art displayed throughout.

The rooms and bathrooms are large, ultra-luxurious and very well furnished. The beds are extremely comfortable (and enormous). The décor in the rooms is very nice, striking the right balance between old world charm and modern luxury. We had a sea facing room with a view of the Gateway of India which was lovely. A very good (and extensive breakfast) was included.

Every amenity and service you could think of is available (albeit at a price). Service is excellent and the staff are all very friendly and obliging - they all seem to have a real sense of pride in the hotel and its history, which is quite something.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai

Been to The Taj Mahal Palace? Share your experiences!