I have traveled all over the world and stayed at the finest hotels in each city. Nothing compares to what I just had at the Taj Mahal Palace.
There's an extraordinary sense of history that surrounds the building. It's ideally located for access to all of the sites.
You step in and it's stepping into another time, one more genteel. The city itself is beautiful and brutal, but the Taj offers an amazing escape after a long day.
First piece of advice is to spring for the Palace rather than the Tower rooms. I was immediately upgraded to the most magnificent suite with a view of the Fate Of India and the Arabian Sea.
The staff is phenomenal, so helpful, and by the second day, they treat you as if you're a regular.
The breakfast spread is sumptuous. Sitting on the veranda outdoors among the lush tropical greenery with ceiling fans was a daily treat.
The bar is really fun, great music, and fantastic patio.
Every detail has been carefully attended.
They had to drag me out of there kicking and screaming. If I could afford it, I would have never left.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Mahal Palace Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Taj Mahal Palace Hotel
- Hotel Taj Mahal Palace
- Taj Palace Hotel
- Taj Palace
- The Taj Mahal Palace Hotel
- The Taj Mahal Hotel
- Hotel Taj Mahal
- The Taj Hotel
- Taj Hotels
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The history of Mumbai and The Taj Mahal Palace are dramatically intertwined. The hotel is Mumbai’s first harbour landmark (built 21 years before the Gateway of India) and the site of the first licensed bar in the city. For more than a century, the Taj has played an intrinsic part in the life of the city, hosting Maharajas, dignitaries and eminent personalities from across the globe. Today it is a Leading Hotel of the World and favourite destination for discerning business travellers. A treasure-trove of invaluable memorabilia, there is a story to tell behind every pillar, a landmark deal in every boardroom, and a storied celebration under every awning. Come be a part of the legend.Overlooking the Gateway of India with a panoramic view of the bay, every one of the 560 rooms including 44 suites are the perfect blend of rich history and modern convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Amex, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Taj Mahal Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.