I stayed at the Taj Palace for a night on a suddenly-arranged trip in July 2013 and just could not get over the hospitality of the place. Wanted to celebrate my birthday differently, so despite being Mumbai residents, I and my wife decided to book ourselves at the Taj Palace in Mumbai. As it turned out, it was the best decision and a fabulous gift for me.
The rooms facing the ocean in the tower are the ones to insist on. We got one facing the ocean and the Gateway of India. It was absolutely breathtaking. Just standing there in the balcony having a coffee was a memorable experience watching the boats bobbing up and down in the sea.
The area around the hotel is always abuzz and you can easily step out for a good time. We have been going out in the evenings to these spots for years but never thought of staying at the Taj. This time we did. We did an impulsive thing and have become fans of our own idea. For sure we will do it again and again and again.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Mahal Palace Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Taj Mahal Palace Hotel
- Hotel Taj Mahal Palace
- Taj Palace Hotel
- Taj Palace
- The Taj Mahal Palace Hotel
- The Taj Mahal Hotel
- Hotel Taj Mahal
- The Taj Hotel
- Taj Hotels
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The history of Mumbai and The Taj Mahal Palace are dramatically intertwined. The hotel is Mumbai’s first harbour landmark (built 21 years before the Gateway of India) and the site of the first licensed bar in the city. For more than a century, the Taj has played an intrinsic part in the life of the city, hosting Maharajas, dignitaries and eminent personalities from across the globe. Today it is a Leading Hotel of the World and favourite destination for discerning business travellers. A treasure-trove of invaluable memorabilia, there is a story to tell behind every pillar, a landmark deal in every boardroom, and a storied celebration under every awning. Come be a part of the legend.Overlooking the Gateway of India with a panoramic view of the bay, every one of the 560 rooms including 44 suites are the perfect blend of rich history and modern convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Amex, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Taj Mahal Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.