The hotel itself is gorgeous, it almost doesnt make you want to go anywhere since eating around the pool is so beautiful. The service is outstanding. Everyone was knowledgeable and helpful. The rooms though, are small. When i saw my deluxe suite, i thought it was a mistake (i still wonder if it was, but they assured me, no, it is deluxe). We arrived late at night and the room was a little underwhelming, but the gorgeous view to the gate of india in the morning totally made up for it!! so i would definitely stay there again.
For comparison, i spent one more night at the Taj land's end and while rooms were far superior and modern (and the indian seafood restaurant was absolutely out of this world) it doesn't have half the personality. So obviously for tourism, stay at Palace, and at Lands end for biz.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Mahal Palace Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Taj Mahal Palace Hotel
- Hotel Taj Mahal Palace
- Taj Palace Hotel
- Taj Palace
- The Taj Mahal Palace Hotel
- The Taj Mahal Hotel
- Hotel Taj Mahal
- The Taj Hotel
- Taj Hotels
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The history of Mumbai and The Taj Mahal Palace are dramatically intertwined. The hotel is Mumbai’s first harbour landmark (built 21 years before the Gateway of India) and the site of the first licensed bar in the city. For more than a century, the Taj has played an intrinsic part in the life of the city, hosting Maharajas, dignitaries and eminent personalities from across the globe. Today it is a Leading Hotel of the World and favourite destination for discerning business travellers. A treasure-trove of invaluable memorabilia, there is a story to tell behind every pillar, a landmark deal in every boardroom, and a storied celebration under every awning. Come be a part of the legend.Overlooking the Gateway of India with a panoramic view of the bay, every one of the 560 rooms including 44 suites are the perfect blend of rich history and modern convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Amex, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Taj Mahal Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.