We arrived at 1.30 am due to the flight schedule of Korean Airlines which is an excellent airline.Do not use Akbar Travels of India as soon as you exit Customs. They charged us 2000 Rupees which is unconscianable! Use the pre-paid taxi counter just further down which is much cheaper.We arrived at the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel in Mumbai at about 2.30 am. We chose this hotel as we intended to make a statement against terrorism and to acknowledge the Hotel through its reconstruction process.We were met by Prianka Tiwari, the Duty Manager. She is beautiful, efficient, highly professional and empathetic. She saw how tired we were after a 10hr flight and provided us with every comfort until our room was ready. At the heritage wing, we met Mahesh Gudla who was solicitous and friendly.He is a wonderful young man who provided us with a warm drink and internet access through Reception. We were then conducted to our room in the Heritage wind by Roopavathi Villas. She is a wonderful, beautiful, young lady who thoroughly acquainted us about the room which overlooked the swimming pool. We felt treated like a Maharaja and a Maharani! With personelle like these wonderful people and so are all others who work here, the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel achieves the "summum bonum" of hospitality. Thanks to these people, we spent the best 42nd wedding anniversary of our lives.We hope that Management will recognize the effort of all the personelle at this hotel. They are the ones who make the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel memorable and extraordinary.
Do visit India Gate and have a meal the Delhi Dorbar near Regal Cinema, Colaba, just about 5 minutes from the Taj.You will be amazed at the quality of food, the service, the cleanliness and it is cheap!
If you are interesed in beautiful miniature paintings, visit Amber Arts, crafts at Colaba Causeway next to Colaba Police Station. Meet the charming owner Mahesh Bathija who will offer you exquisite miniature paintings at a very, very reasonable price.Do not miss it!
We are friends of the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel and we are friends of India!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The history of Mumbai and The Taj Mahal Palace are dramatically intertwined. The hotel is Mumbai’s first harbour landmark (built 21 years before the Gateway of India) and the site of the first licensed bar in the city. For more than a century, the Taj has played an intrinsic part in the life of the city, hosting Maharajas, dignitaries and eminent personalities from across the globe. Today it is a Leading Hotel of the World and favourite destination for discerning business travellers. A treasure-trove of invaluable memorabilia, there is a story to tell behind every pillar, a landmark deal in every boardroom, and a storied celebration under every awning. Come be a part of the legend.Overlooking the Gateway of India with a panoramic view of the bay, every one of the 560 rooms including 44 suites are the perfect blend of rich history and modern convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Taj Mahal Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Mahal Palace Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Hotel Taj Mahal Palace
- Taj Hotels
- The Taj Mahal Palace Hotel
- Taj Palace Hotel
- The Taj Mahal Hotel
- The Taj Hotel