“Be treated like Royalty” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Taj Mahal Palace

You added The Taj Mahal Palace to your Saves list
The Taj Mahal Palace
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15/17 NF Road, Amrut Keslav Naik Marg | Near Apollo Bunder, Mumbai (Bombay) 400001, India   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Christmas & NewYear Offer
Ranked #2 of 389 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Sydney
“Be treated like Royalty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We arrived at 1.30 am due to the flight schedule of Korean Airlines which is an excellent airline.Do not use Akbar Travels of India as soon as you exit Customs. They charged us 2000 Rupees which is unconscianable! Use the pre-paid taxi counter just further down which is much cheaper.We arrived at the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel in Mumbai at about 2.30 am. We chose this hotel as we intended to make a statement against terrorism and to acknowledge the Hotel through its reconstruction process.We were met by Prianka Tiwari, the Duty Manager. She is beautiful, efficient, highly professional and empathetic. She saw how tired we were after a 10hr flight and provided us with every comfort until our room was ready. At the heritage wing, we met Mahesh Gudla who was solicitous and friendly.He is a wonderful young man who provided us with a warm drink and internet access through Reception. We were then conducted to our room in the Heritage wind by Roopavathi Villas. She is a wonderful, beautiful, young lady who thoroughly acquainted us about the room which overlooked the swimming pool. We felt treated like a Maharaja and a Maharani! With personelle like these wonderful people and so are all others who work here, the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel achieves the "summum bonum" of hospitality. Thanks to these people, we spent the best 42nd wedding anniversary of our lives.We hope that Management will recognize the effort of all the personelle at this hotel. They are the ones who make the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel memorable and extraordinary.
Do visit India Gate and have a meal the Delhi Dorbar near Regal Cinema, Colaba, just about 5 minutes from the Taj.You will be amazed at the quality of food, the service, the cleanliness and it is cheap!
If you are interesed in beautiful miniature paintings, visit Amber Arts, crafts at Colaba Causeway next to Colaba Police Station. Meet the charming owner Mahesh Bathija who will offer you exquisite miniature paintings at a very, very reasonable price.Do not miss it!
We are friends of the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel and we are friends of India!
airam
Sydnew

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Heritage Wing overlooking either the sea or the swimming pool.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (764)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

The Taj Palace comes to you like a dream- Do I pinch myself ? Is this all real ?
All. I can say is talking about The Taj Palace one needs to be a Poet - as simple words are not enough to describe the charm- luxury-service - the staff are like silent Angels dealing with anything and everything you need - Nothing is too much in their gracious way attending to all the guest .
The Taj Palace has been here on the waters edge The Gateway to India for 100 years -having seen people from every corner of the world pass threw its doors returning to this magic place as one does returning home ...
I can not explain how amazing wonderful the experience is to all who come here.
At The Taj Palace Hotel - All I can say is go and see it yourself - You will never forget it !!!

• Stayed November 2012
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Attention to detail, trying to fulfill guests' wishes, service and smiles are the hallmark of this hotel. We could not have felt more welcome than we did at this hotel.

Our arrival was prepared very well, with the check-in not at reception, but being taken to the palace wing and having a seat in a lounge. Then we were taken to our room, which was beautifully appointed. It is a rather traditional design, but executed very well.

Things such as ground beans for making an early morning cup of coffee and having your breakfast in the garden just ordering things from the buffet which are then brought to you by the staff, this is that make this hotel such a pleasure to stay in.

We thoroughly enjoyed being pampered at the poolside, in the restaurants, at reception, everywhere actually in the hotel.

Room Tip: Palace wing is really gorgeous!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My friend and I ended a two week tour of Rajasthan with a three night stay in Mumbai at the Taj Mahal Palace hotel. From the moment our chauffeur picked us up at the airport to the time we left our experience was fantastic. Our driver asked us if he could point out places of interest on the way to the hotel and gave us more or less a mini city tour. Without exception, the staff at the hotel from the security team at the front door to the receptionists, the concierges, our housekeeper, the staff in the restaurants as well as the pool staff were courteous, unfailingly helpful and, most importantly, genuinely friendly. We arrived late after a long day travelling and did not feel like a large meal so ordered some soup and naan bread in the Masala Kraft restaurant. This is a fine dining restaurant and we had no reservations but, in spite of the restaurant being almost full and the fact we only ordered the soup and bread, we were found a table and waited on as attentively as we were the following evening in the Souk where we had a sumptious meal with a very good wine. The breakfasts were included in our tariff and were exceptionally good with plenty of choices to suit any palate. A must for everyone is the tour of the hotel at 5.00 p.m. Ours was led by an extremely entertaining and knowledgeable young man named Viren who later that evening saw us sitting in the foyer waiting for our car to go to the airport and made a point of coming over to chat with us and then take a photo to be sent as a souvenir from the Taj Mahal Palace. All in all, our stay at the Taj Mahal Palace hotel was a highlight of our trip to India and we would definitely stay here if we return to Mumbai or recommend it to anyone thinking of going.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Pulborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This was my third year of travelling to India, I don't know if I can afford to go again next year, so thought I would treat myself to one of the best Hotels in India. And yes it is. I stayed in the tower (the newest and cheapest part of the Hotel) It was still great, I had a beautiful seaview with the gateway to India just below. I was taken round the old part of the Hotel which is gorgeous, I may have even got an upgrade except for the fact I was staying four nights, which made it a bit more awkward. My room was brilliant tho', travelling on my own the bed could have slept 5 people, was very comfortable too. Each night there was a goodnight mat beside the bed and slippers too. A dressing gown was also provided. I was staying at the time of Diwali and had chocolates delivered to my room and the most amazing elephant made from towels set on the table. The lovely guy from housekeeping gave me lessons on how to make one at home. Each day the elephant was decorated differently, it was truly amazing.A lovely sight to come home to after being out each day. Breakfast was, well, the most choice I think I have ever come across. Beside the normal, fruit, juices, cereals etc there were (forgive me if I bore) waffles, pancakes, omlettes, any other kind of eggs, bacon, sausage, beans, lentils, chix soup with dumplings, indian type shepherds pie, sambals, spinach au gratin, spanish omlette, breads, cakes, smoked salmon, hams, cheeses, (mozz' basil and tomato incl.), olives, yoghurts, loads of Indian dishes and much much more, I don't do breakfast at home and had to restrain myself each day with my intake. The best ever for choices. I sat by the window for my first breakfast and then sat by the poolside, which has a beautiful ambience, even saw a kingfisher by the pool and the pigeons are great bathing in the fountains round the lawns. I had a swim one night about 9pm, just myself in the pool with low lights (thank goodness) and the views to the domes on the top of the Hotel, truly amazing. I could say more, best ever Hotel.

Room Tip: seaview is great.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The 'Taj family' went out of their way to make my birthday trip special with a surprise room decoration, happy birthday wishes and a birthday cake, on top of the outstanding service. Check in was a prompt escort to the palace lounge for a drink while they retrieved our sign in, relaxed and easy. We quite enjoyed the butler service for our floor. Service throughout was attentive without being too obsequious. Nothing was left unattended. The property was spotless and brilliantly decorated for the Diwali festival. Breakfast was inclusive, with both western and indian options, and special requests being readily provided. Location was great, convenient to monuments and shopping, and we enjoyed harbor views from our room. An amazing place to retreat after we had enough of the streets of Mumbai.

Room Tip: palace wing, harbor view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Taj Mahal Palace? Share your experiences!