You walk in and find yourself in a completely different reality. The entrance hall and lounge are beautifully decorated - marble floors, intricate lamps, exotic plants and a tranquile waterfall in the back. Every guest gets a wonderful flower necklace upon registration.
Our room was in the tower, very good size, immaculately clean and had a lounge area with a couch and a couple of armchairs. There was also a teapot an a variety of teas on the coffee table.
Breakfast was great, too. A vast variety of european breakfast items, as well as a good choice of traditional indian dishes - all clearly labeled, which was very helpful for us foreigners :)
The hotel also runs an hour-long tour of the building each day at 5pm - try not to miss it as it is both entertaining and informative and makes you appreciate your stay even more.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Mahal Palace Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Taj Mahal Palace Hotel
- Hotel Taj Mahal Palace
- Taj Palace Hotel
- Taj Palace
- The Taj Mahal Palace Hotel
- The Taj Mahal Hotel
- Hotel Taj Mahal
- The Taj Hotel
- Taj Hotels
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The history of Mumbai and The Taj Mahal Palace are dramatically intertwined. The hotel is Mumbai’s first harbour landmark (built 21 years before the Gateway of India) and the site of the first licensed bar in the city. For more than a century, the Taj has played an intrinsic part in the life of the city, hosting Maharajas, dignitaries and eminent personalities from across the globe. Today it is a Leading Hotel of the World and favourite destination for discerning business travellers. A treasure-trove of invaluable memorabilia, there is a story to tell behind every pillar, a landmark deal in every boardroom, and a storied celebration under every awning. Come be a part of the legend.Overlooking the Gateway of India with a panoramic view of the bay, every one of the 560 rooms including 44 suites are the perfect blend of rich history and modern convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Taj Mahal Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.