“Good but dated” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sahar, Mumbai (Bombay) 400 059, India   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Stay More Save More
Ranked #13 of 396 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Good but dated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Hotel Leela is very close to the airport and this is a big plus if you do not have to travel to the city elsewhere. I was here for a seminar, so fine by me. The room was quite good with all the comforts and amenities you would expect from a 5 star. Breakfast was nice spread and varities. There is shopping area within the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Gaurav S, Resident Manager at The Leela Mumbai, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your trip to our city.

I am happy to note that The Leela Mumbai met your standards and expectations. In spite of having a 25-year old heritage and being among the first five-star hotels to start operations in North Mumbai, we have kept ourselves abreast with the latest advancements in style and technology to meet the evolving requirements of the discerning business traveller. Refurbishment of the hotel is an ongoing process which we shall continue to undertake in keeping with changing guest preferences.

We hope to welcoming you in our midst soon again.

Resident Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Loughborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I re-visited the Leela in Mumbai on the 15th June after approx a 16 year break and this hotel is even better than I remember it. We had a Club Room and it is well worth the extra money for the additional benefits that you get. On the Saturday with a few hours to spare in the afternoon I booked into the Spa for a 2.5 hour treatment. My therapist was a lady called Mayophey (apologies if this is the incorrect spelling), I have travelled extensively over the past 25 years all over the globe and have been fortunate enough to stay in some great hotels and always (time permitting) like to have a massage and a treatment or two and invariably it is a disappointing experience!! But I have to say this was the best 2.5 hour treatment I have ever had, the therapist was first class and she should be commended!! I only hope that she will still be there for my next visit in November. My visit last week was sadly far too short but I look forward to a much longer stay if time permits next time. At the moment my dream would be to do a tour of all of the Leelas in India!! Maybe I will need to retire first!! or maybe I should change my job and been an ambassador for the Leelas hotels !!! :) Keep up the excellent work and i look forward to my return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Gaurav S, Resident Manager at The Leela Mumbai, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for your overwhelming feedback about the hotel. Our award-winning therapists at The Spa by The Leela in Mumbai are trained by the world-renowned ESPA. I shall, personally, pass on your feedback to Mayophy.

We will be happy to plan a short getaway to our sister properties close by on your next visit. Please ask for the same when you arrive next.

‘Faultless’ is a difficult precedent to match – and we shall do our best to exceed expectations. We look forward to welcoming you in our midst in November.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

this was my 2nd trp to mumbai and nevertheless , leela was my destination as it had lived upto its reputation last time. i had a great experience with this hotel . its an all round hotel with the combination of everything . the staffs , the shopping arcade , spa the front desk were just too warm and welcoming .
the restaurants ( six degress, jamavar) were too too good with delicious food and had a great shopping experience which is an asset to this hotel ( the shops have a great choice and very warm people ) rooms are well cleaned
i couldnt figure out a stuff to complain anything about.
great hotel.
well done leela and getting better day by day

Room Tip: everything for everyone . whether you are a business traveller or frenz group or family.. leela it i...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words.

On behalf of my entire team, I thank you for your choosing us as your hotel of choice in this city. I am glad that your experience with us has been so warm.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The Leela is a member of the Kempinski group and as such share the same high levels of amenities and comfort. It is a tranquil 5 star oasis located near the international airport. On arrival we were picked up by an executive hotel transfer, a new BMW 5 series and immaculately attired chauffeur. We were greeted and helped into the car and presented with bottled water and international newspapers. The trip to the hotel was an eye-opener. If you've never travelled to India before, be prepared for the culture shock. While we travelled in cacooned air-conditioned luxury, the streets outside were chaos personified with people, cars, animals, bicycles all moving as if they were a school of noisy fish. We arrived at the entrance of the hotel which sets the stage of what's to come, pure indulgance, you feel like royalty as you are welcomed by the doorman and have your luggage taken to your room. Check in was fast and eficient. The hotel seems to be recently upgraded as the carpets and furnishing look and smell new. The room was a delight with quality linen and toiletries. A beautiful view over he pool and gardens. If you didn't know any better, you'd never guess you were in Mumbai. Breakfast was of a high international standard but dining space seems limited. We had to wait for a table for 2 of the 3 days we were there. Dinner was also good but space again an issue, we were moved to an ovrflow area that was not as appealing as the decor in the main restaurant. Pricing too is excessive with mains but a single drink each for two came to around 90 US Dollars.

Room Tip: Ask for pool facing room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Gaurav S, Resident Manager at The Leela Mumbai, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for penning your feedback about our hotel.

We are pleased that you enjoyed the welcome experience and the rooms also. Although, it has been a while since our last refurbishment of the rooms, I am glad to note your observation about the impression of a recent renovation.

My apologies for the dining experience – I hope you shall give us another opportunity to serve your better. I would also like to assure you that our prices are at par with hotels of the same stature in the city.

We look forward to welcoming you in our midst soon again.

Pune, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

so close to the airport that the typical traffic jams and monsoon flooding of Mumbai wouldn't hamper your trip from the airport to the hotel...and that's really what one needs after the typical long international flights, a quick check-in and no more travel... at least until after a good rest!

The check-in formalities were smooth, the room was comfortable, but we thought the age of things shows in parts of the room especially the bathroom. So if its just business for a night, then I wouldn't mind putting up here, in a base class room. If it's leisure then either pick a higher room category or...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Gaurav S, Resident Manager at The Leela Mumbai, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about our property.

In our endeavor to present a world-class product to our guests, we had gone through a complete refurbishment of our rooms some years back. However, your point about the age showing has been noted.

May I request you to ask for the various categories of rooms we offer on your next visit. I am sure you will be delighted by our varied product, especially the Royal Club – our hotel within a hotel concept with its own check-in, butler service and culinary offering.

We look forward to welcoming you soon again.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Always stay here when I go to Mumbai for business. The hotel is just first rate, but most notable is the service from the staff, who cannot do enough for you. From airport transfer, to check in, to the restaurant and bar staff, everyone was just so accommodating, friendly and willing to help. Slight problem with TV was fixed within minutes. Could not recommend hotel more highly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Gaurav S, Resident Manager at The Leela Mumbai, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to pen down your feedback of our property and team here.

We are thrilled to be your hotel of choice when you visit this city.

We look forward to meeting you soon again.

Calangute, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

we stayed at this hotel in mumbai . My group of 96 pax and I stayed there on 19th May and, as usual, we were pleased with the efficiency of Leela. From the pick up at the International Airport, the welcome from Front Desk to the breakfast service the following morning and the checkout and the drop to the domestic airport, we were in the very capable hands of the team at Leela who were all excellent, as usual, in all respects. The hotel may have been a bit pricey for a short stay but then, I guess, you get what you pay for. Thank you, Leela and Mr umesh for a very good service as usual.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
The team is thrilled to have your stellar feedback of your stay here and our team - especially Umesh Menon.

On behalf of my entire team, I thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you during your stay in the city.

Resident Manager.

Been to The Leela Mumbai? Share your experiences!