“Green,Clean and Luxury closest to Airport” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sahar, Mumbai (Bombay) 400 059, India   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Stay More Save More
Ranked #14 of 389 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Mangalore, India
“Green,Clean and Luxury closest to Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Had stayed at Leela since I was attending a Meeting for 2 days over the weekend (09th and 10th Feb).The chauffeur service(BMW) provided by the hotel was on time and very comfortable .Had absolutely no problems in getting the rooms which I and my colleagues.The sound of water flowing in the miniature waterfall at the entrance was really soothing and getting to see a Cupola inside the hotel was interesting :)
The meeting were held at the Ball room close to the lobby and was well arranged.Breakfast at Citrus was the best I have had in a luxury hotel especially when you get to see beautiful waterfalls,flowers and trees in the morning with a cup of tea.(do try to have crisp dosa and ulli chutney;they are real good )
The staff are cordial and room service is good .
The pool are is well maintained and is also surrounded with greenery.Planning to go out for shopping by walk wont be a good idea since Leela is located in a corporate area.
Overall experience at Leela was great since Leela is one of the few places I have been where luxury and greenery are together in midst of very busy citylife .
Great place to unwind on a weekend :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Gaurav S, Resident Manager at The Leela Mumbai, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
I am pleased to read your comments about our oasis of tranquility in the midst of a busy metropolis. Being a Luxury Business Hotel, it is our endeavor to provide the best in comfort, ambiance, services, facilities and amenities to our guests. To receive such feedback from you makes us proud and drives us to further excel.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Really enjoyed my stay here - fabulous place; nothing too much trouble for the excellent staff; superior polish and finish in every aspect of the service. Decor, furniture, design all first class - a really relaxing, carefully considered, tasteful and intelligently organised hotel. Great food: the lobby, restaurants, lounge and lush gardens around the pool a welcome respite from the crazy energy of the city. It's in a good location although getting around in Mumbai is always something of a challenge - great for the airport - fine for Andheri/Juhu/Bandra Kurla - but if you're based further south in the city for work purposes you might need to look elsewhere. But overall I absolutely loved my stay here - super efficient, friendly, top quality place. Got the business deal which meant a small discount on the (fairly expensive) food plus some laundry done each day plus free internet (which was super fast and reliable, itself not always easy to come by in India. Will definitely be back! One thing to watch - check that they don't do the currency conversion in house on your bill (if you're coming from abroad) as they make cash by quoting their own exchange rates - I didn't notice and realised that I would have saved money by getting them to charge my card in INR rather than GBP (as my bank's exchange rate was better than theirs). A bit sneaky - so just check what happens when you check out.

Room Tip: They're all fine - I was given a nice corner room on the 3rd floor (not with pool view) but it w...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for you lovely feedback. My team will be thrilled to learn that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay. Being a 5-star Luxury Business Hotel, our currency exchange rates are approved and at par with other hotels in our league.

We look forward to having you in our midst soon again and to the opportunity of serving you.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I had booked a room with free transfer from the airport. On departure they siad they would also provide a free car to the airport. I thanked them. It was only laater when I looked at the bill that they had provided that free car, but they had charged 1,500 for the "free transfer" which had been booked at the start of the stay.

Watch out also in the evening buffet. They will ask you if you would like any drink. You may,like me say, "well nothing really, but if there is any water or oranage that would be nice" assuming that it is part of the buffert. It is not. No one will tell you that you are charged over £4 for a glass of orange juice! In my view this is very sharp practice. Even the water comes at a cost unless you specifically tell them that you do not want bottled water. It took me a couple of days of observation to learn this. So be warned, they will take whatever they can without telling you.

Apart from that bad taste in the mouth, the hotel is average, not the top 5 star quality of a hotel like to Taj or Marriott.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I assure you that the practices followed by The Leela Mumbai are in line with international standards. However, I will look into your comments and speak to the Citrus team personally about this.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to experience the warm hospitality that The Leela Group has come to be known for world-over.

We shall wait to welcome you in our midst soon again.

Gaurav Singh,
Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This being my second stay at Leela, I had a better look at it this time. Even though the beautifully-landscaped gardens and impressive lobby do manage to hint an exclusive experience, I am afraid to say the reality falls short of it.The so-called club rooms do not offer much privilege in terms of extra benefits or amenities. The club lounge is roughly the size of two club rooms -rather small itself- has limited seating and a poor offering of breakfast and happy-hour snacks. Internet access for club guests, is still not free of charge (!), who are actually paying a hefty premium over standard rooms. Most 5-star business hotels have long abandoned the petty account of making money from internet. The rate for two in a club room was the same as what I paid for a huge suite in a comparable hotel. There are a few viable alternatives in close proximity, so unless I see an improvement in club privileges during my next stay in March, I will not consider Leela again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
norwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed at the Leela for one night on my way home from Goa. It was fantastic. I am a big fan of luxury and wanted some prior to returning home after very basic accommodation in Goa. I was not disappointed. I stayed in a club room and could not have asked for more. The staff were attentive and so well presented. I felt cared for from pick up in a BMW to leaving in a BMW. What a wonderful place. I shall certainly stay here again and for longer. It is also a very safe hotel to stay in which is important to a solo travelling female.

Room Tip: I had a room overlooking the pool which was delightful. The room was well designed to give maximum...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Gaurav S, Resident Manager at The Leela Mumbai, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for your valued feedback. The team here lives by the belief that 'guest is God' and all our efforts are geared towards making you feel special. We also firmly believe in ensuring the safety of our lady guests and have put together a set of options towards the same.

We look forward to welcoming you for a longer stay.

British Isles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Arriving at 2am at Mumbai airport this was a good choice as it is so near. Met efficiently by the hotels driver and car. The hotel is not cheap but you do get what you are paying for. Top quality here nothing is forgotten in the room down to the electrical adapters provided for European guests. Staff very eager to please and helpful. Security is very tight, every bag scanned on arrival, which gives one confidence.Huge choice of all cuisines for breakfast. Really nothing to fault this great overnight stop, Even though it is so near the airport, leave a good 40 mins to return in the day time due to construction work on the Mumbai by pass along the way.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked a building site, but we were only overnighting so it didnt matter. There was no...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
It is nice to know that your stay with us was not only convenient but also enjoyable. We have made an effort to ensure that our guests are given the best amenities possible combined with luxurious comfort.

We hope to have you stay with us again.

mumbai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

had always wanted to experience the leela luxury since childhood, so finally checked in with the kids one weekend. the leela has really become outdated as compared to some of the newer hotels in mumbai. we swam in the pool which had traffic noise , and the public address system blaring in our ears..and dead leaves floating around. beware while u order on the poolside as the crows may get to your food before you do ! we had dinner at the GREAT WALL , portions were miniscule & highly overpriced. The buffet breakfast was terribly overcrowded (because of some conference) but was a lovely spread. I would only stay there again if i was catching a flight out of the international airport. for a weekend stay i would definitely give it a miss. oh yes , the room service was good and the staff extremely well trained, i must add.

Room Tip: try to get a pool facing room .
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Gaurav S, Resident Manager at The Leela Mumbai, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Greetings from The Leela.

Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience. We will look into every aspect highlighted by you, and explore possibilities of improving these.

Also, to update you on the latest developments at The Great Wall since your last visit, we have recently concluded a renovation of the restaurant. In addition to our offering and price, our product is also at par, if not better than other restaurants in the same league.

I do hope you will give us another opportunity to meet your expectations.

Best,
Gaurav Singh,
Resident Manager.

Been to The Leela Mumbai? Share your experiences!