“Reasonably priced 5-star near airport” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Mumbai International Airport

You added Hilton Mumbai International Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Mumbai International Airport
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sahar Airport Road | Andheri East, Mumbai (Bombay) 400099, India (Formerly Le Royal Meridien Mumbai)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #40 of 396 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Reasonably priced 5-star near airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Staff are eager to help. Rooms are comfortable and nicely furnished. Some may sport a little dated look. If traveling with family, there are connecting rooms. Breakfast buffet is not as elaborate as one would expect from a 5-star hotel, but the taste is perfect. The outdoor pool is inviting and also doubles as a party venue, in case you want to throw or attend one!

Room Tip: Choose a pool-view room. Although the view beyond the pool may not be the best, it will still give y...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HILTONMUMBAI, Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear kh8ch,

Thank you for your warm review of Hilton Mumbai International, we are delighted that you were comfortable and felt well-looked after during your stay. We very much appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Director Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Polish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

It was all perfect with the location, room size & all there is nothing that i can comment wrong about it. everything was all good around the hotel & location so this is must stay hotel for the person who are looking to stay around international airport.Best hotel i have gone to till date.Amazing king size bed and everything with service just perfect.
Keep it up...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear roheenkothari,

It is a great pleasure to know that you enjoyed a perfect stay with us, thank you for your generous compliments and positive feedback. We hope that you do visit us again in the near future, we would be delighted to extend our hospitality to you again!

mumbai, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

stay is excellent, foodwise needs to be reviewed Desert wise also needs to be reviewed. Ambience is very good Staff at all outlets including lobby and restaurant are excellent. Cleanliness and decor is excellent. The concept of Magic fora ny help is good and innovative

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HILTONMUMBAI, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Gabriel F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your insights of Hilton Mumbai International Airport. I am pleased that our warm hospitality and efficient service contributed well towards your positive experience with us.

Your feedback on our food is much appreciated and we continue to work hard to ensure that the usual high standards of our food quality and variety are upheld. Do come and visit us again, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

• Stayed August 2013
HILTONMUMBAI, Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear 9nitesh9,

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed a wonderful experience during your recent stay with us. Thank you for posting your generous review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Professional Staff, well appointed rooms, peace and quiet - Just what is needed after a long day. Perfect. Ideally located close to the airport so that travel to and from the hotel is easily made. Normal standard of food for a Hilton Hotel, i.e. excellent

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Simon C,

Thank you very much for your kind review, it is a pleasure knowing that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We are all truly encouraged by your positive review and look forward to continuing to delight you on all your future stays!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I like observing the quirks of hotels, they give one something to write about -especially for the self-indulgent who LIKE writing. And Hiltons are my favourite topic. First let me say that the Hilton at Mumbai Airport provides the expected top class service. Most notable is the attitude and professionalism of the staff which exceeds even my own beloved Hilton KL. I was received, escorted up to the Exec lounge and looked after absolutely royally. As you might expect, the room was of the highest standard, everything worked but typical of most hotels in the monsoon in India it had that wet musty smell which I have found in every hotel I have stayed in.

The executive lounge is plush and small. Remarkably small, in fact; you sit at tables and chairs, none of the sofas and loungers of Singapore. Local wine was served in happy hour. I enjoyed an Indian Sauvignon Blanc which reminds us of just how far the Indian wine industry has come. I was a bit disappointed by the food, limited in savoury and cheese and with a disproportion of sweet things and dessert type munchies. But that may be local tradition. While I was seated in the lounge I was interviewed by a very earnest young man who asked me about my experiences and diligently noted everything. No shortage of personal care in this Hilton! Breakfast in the Executive Lounge was a disappointment by the standards of KL and Singapore. What a shame that it does not have some of the Indian Vegetarian Breakfast dishes like dosas or Idli....very much generic continental style; croissants, fruit, cold meats etc. Perfectly fine, but a missed opportunity to do something special.

However I said that I liked the quirks, well for the quirk-hunter this place is a treasure. There are a few restaurants in this Hilton but relevant to this anecdote is the Brasserie and the Chinese restaurant. The Chinese restaurant is at the top of the stairs leading down to the Brasserie. Now the first time that I stayed there, I decided to go down to the Brasserie but was literally pounced upon by a waiter from the Chinese Restaurant who was determined that I should eat at his place. But I want continental food, I said....'oh don't worry Sir, he remarked, you can get the same food here as downstairs'. And he was right. This is the FIRST hotel I have been to where the menu is an IPad and you can sit in any restaurant and call up the menu of all of the restaurants. So I sat in the Chinese restaurant, ordered a steak and vegetables and very good it was too.

But this time I was determined to go to the Brasserie so with stealth I crept past the Chinese restaurant and made it downstairs to the Brasserie. It seemed quite empty to me with many empty tables but the waiter who receive me assured me that he had no empty tables however if I wanted to wait some 15 minutes then he would be happy to receive me. I smiled.....went upstairs to the totally empty Chinese restaurant and ordered the food I wanted from the familiar IPad and was very well attended by large numbers of staff who had little to do (there were two of us eating). Hotels generally have central kitchens so all food is prepared in the same place so the IPad idea makes sense. One just wonders if the separate restaurants makes much sense when with a deft prod of a podgy finger you can eat what you like where you like. But maybe I am missing something......

A great hotel, a good example of a Hilton and one whose quirks you could grow to love.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear MauriceCross,

Thank you for sharing your insights of Hilton Mumbai International Airport, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We very much appreciate your feedback on our guest room, Executive Lounge, restaurants and especially our service, which exceeded your expectations. The points you have brought up regarding the food variety and quality offered at the Lounge are being reviewed by my Food and Beverage team.

Your continued patronage is of great value to us and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back when you are next in Mumbai.

CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed one night with a late check in followed by a late departure the next evening.
Location is good for being near the airport, not as good for being near the city/downtown.
Lobby is very nice, common areas in general seemed nice, though I noted areas that were in the process of being repaired, such as some ceiling areas peeling.
My room on the first floor was very nice and comfortable. Large flat screen TV (that I had a really hard time figuring out how to make it work), comfy bed, chairs and desk. Bathroom was nice with a tub and separate shower (very low water pressure on the shower, it hardly came out), toilet and bidet in a separate attached room. Operating the lights in the room took some real skill, it took me nearly 10 minutes to figure out how to get them all off, and then randomly during the first night, one wall sconce seemed to turn itself on throughout the night, it was totally baffling to me.
Room service- I got in too late for regular service, so I ordered in. The food was good, I had the surf and turf with some cheesy garlic naan and lobster bisque, it was all good. There were some issues with the order though, first I ordered a browny for dessert, they sent 2, and took one back once I told the waiter I only asked for one, second, they didn't send the milkshake I ordered at all, third, the soup came in an insulated coffee type carafe, which was impossible to open, so they had to come back again. Also the brownie wasn't very good.
The breakfast buffet was decent, pretty standard hotel style buffet I think.
The dinner buffet was also pretty good with a wide array of dishes and sides to choose from.
Checkout was a bit slow and strangely, no drinks are included in the price of the meals, those come out of pocket, even just for water unless you dare to drink the tap water.
All in all it was a nice place

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear scottydoesntkno,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us, we always enjoy hearing back from our guests.

While your stay was brief, I am glad that it was generally a positive experience for you. It is good to know that you found our guest room comfortable but I have also reviewed the points you have brought up with my team, including the water pressure, operating the in-room switches and appliances, as well as our food quality. We have taken steps to make the necessary corrective actions on these issues.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you travel through Mumbai.

Vikas Kapai

Been to Hilton Mumbai International Airport? Share your experiences!