“Very good service, very comforatble stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Mumbai International Airport

Save Saved
You added Hilton Mumbai International Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Mumbai International Airport
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sahar Airport Road | Andheri East, Mumbai (Bombay) 400099, India (Formerly Le Royal Meridien Mumbai)   |
Special Offer
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #34 of 364 hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Europe
“Very good service, very comforatble stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed in Hilton Mumbai (Airport) hotel on April 2012 during my business trip. I was very pleased with hotel service - they are very supportive and what surprised me it was personal assistance to the room during arrival, I have never had it before in other big hotels.
Breakfasts were fantastic, I always tried Indian. Restaurant staff always supported me and recommended me different local food, so I could taste real Indian food. I used pool twice a day and always was very please with that.
Rooms were located in silent area, just outside the hotel's open winter garden, which was very nice place to rest. Hotel service took care of cleaning couple of times a day. Fresh fruits and tea/coffee available in the room.
I also used hotel's travel office agency to arrange me a trip to Mumbai and all was arrange perfectly for reasonable price, they are really taking care of guests !
I really enjoyed staying there !

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Turysta,

It was a pleasure having you with us; we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and felt well-taken care of during your stay.

Thank you for your encouraging feedback, which has been shared with the team. Our Chefs, in particular, are very happy that you enjoyed our local delicacies!

We look forward to being of service to you again, should your travels bring you back to Mumbai.

544 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there this June'12 gone by.
Check In / Check Out both took some extra time.
Rooms were decent - had everything you would need if you're tired and just want to rest.
Hotel had a old colonial look to it - Quite a change from the chic hotel these days.
Breakfast spread was decent, but it took some time to get products that were listed on the Buffet spread, but not readily available and the restaurant had a nice view at the back.
However un-attentive staff at the breakfast place was a turn off - seems the waiters and managers were too busy with new female trainees to attend to customers (I'm sure this is an easy fix)

Housekeeping however was very responsive (brought in something I needed in a jiffy)

Very conveniently located - near the International Airport - Tucked between 2 other 5 star hotel properties but at 40% cheaper rates.
Finding Cabs means a short walk to the main road.
Havin stayed at the 5 stars on the main road - The noise level from the street does not bother a sound sleep requirement.
Internet was good.
Other facilities of the hotel were good too.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear arunbarnes,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your valuable feedback is very much appreciated. While it is nice to know that you were happy with our facilities, the room, internet connection and Housekeeping services, we sincerely apologise for the service shortfalls you experienced during your stay. Rest assured that the relevant departments are looking into these issues and will do their utmost to uphold the high service standards expected of us.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to your next stay with us, should you be returning to Mumbai soon.

Geneva, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

A slightly disappointing experience, many little issues for a 10 hour over-night stay.

Good moments:
- Good location.
- Rate 10-15% lower compared to the neighbour hotels - Hyatt and ITC Maratha.
- Friendly restaurant staff at breakfast.

Not-so-good moments:
- Checking in at 2am, receptionists heavily trying to upsell and negotiate late checkout times vs. night rate multiplier.
- For the life of me I couldn't find a light switch in the bathroom, taking shower in darkness.
- Internet (ibahn) access page not loading on my mobile phone. Wired internet not working at all. My last name misspelled by the reception and thus authorization not working until manually corrected.
- When seeking a breakfast room one waiter asked another for an advice which way to send me, the other waiter was busy dealing with a (seemed like a personal) phone call making an unprofessional "leave me alone" gesture in front of me(guest).
- Room temperature very low, A/C control unit not working - freezing all (short) night.
- No central room lights control. Before going to bed, I had to walk around the room and manually switch off 3 lamps.
- No power socket at the bed side for plugging a phone.
- I received a call from hotel sales requesting a meeting for feedback, when I explained that I'm just about to depart, the sales lady still tried to convince me to meet her before I leave.

Overall I considered that experience a 3-4* standard and wouldn't like to stay more than 1 night. A luxury tax of 10% of the room rate only underlined the hotel's misperception of luxury. A low-end 4* rating would in my view be a more appropriate classification of this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Dear janpopovic,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your short stay with us.

Your feedback is being taken seriously and I have shared your comments with my team. We recognise that the service shortfalls you encountered are well below expectations and assure you that they are being addressed through our on-going training programmes.

With regards to our internet service, there was indeed a service interruption during your stay which has since been rectified. My Engineering team are also taking steps to perform regular checks on the temperature control of all our rooms.

Whilst I understand that your experience has affected your impression of the hotel, we nevertheless hope for an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Been at this hotel thrice in 2 months on a business trip.
Good rooms, very comfortable bed, satisfactory swimming pool.
Room Service was pretty good. Staff was rather courteous and helpful.
The location was rather strange but then again well connected to the airport.
All in all worth the tariff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Dear ChiragdeepSingh,

Thank you for staying with us, I am very pleased that all your stays were comfortable.

My team are very encouraged to know that they have delivered good and efficient service. We look forward to being of service to you again on your next trip to Mumbai.

hyderabad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Stayed 2 nights on way to Colombo. Chose hotel due to the proximity to my work place and international airport. Put to executive floor and that was great. Nice spread of snacks to chose from. Staff courteous. Room good. If you have to go anywhere from hotel a lot of haggeling with the taxi and autos outside. Didnot use the pool (not sure if they have). Woudl use this place as a 1 night stop next time flying out of mumbai. value for money definitely no unless company is paying :). The lobby is grand but looks quite small. had brekfast in the lounge so not sure of their buffet spread in the coffe shop

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear saurabhagra,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hilton Mumbai International Airport. We are delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us.

My team and I really appreciate your valuable feedback on our Executive room and Lounge, as well as our service. We understand the challenges of flagging down taxis from the road and always encourage our guests to ask our Concierge for assistance either in arranging transport from our fleet or taxis from the road. With regards to the swimming pool, it is on the ground floor, where our Garden Bar is also situated.

We hope you continue to stay with us as your travels bring you back to Mumbai.

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a night, on my way back home. The beds were extremely comfortable, the bathrooms were nicely decorated and spacious.

The decor of the rooms is a bit lacking though, the furniture seemed old and not maintained well. Could do with a good polishing. Our table in the room was dirty, had cup rings and dried spills from previous guests. The rooms need some refreshing with some art decor accesorising before it becomes a "has been"

The restaurants and bars are excellent. Theres a band in the lobby lounge in the evening which gives the place a great vibe.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Laila I,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, it was a pleasure having you with us.

While I am pleased that you were happy with our rooms and outlets, it is unfortunate that our cleanliness standards were below expectations during your stay. Please rest assured that my team are addressing and taking steps to improve this issue. Your comments regarding the room decor and furniture have also been taken into consideration as we make plans for the future.

We are glad that you enjoyed a comfortable stay nonetheless, and hope to see you again soon.

York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

This hotel was much better than I was imagining - the lobby was very nicely finished with little side rooms with sofas and comforable chairs.

The room was very big and was finished to a high standard. The only complaints I would have are that the gripping duck board in the shower was actually quite painful on my feet - leaving them quite sore. There was also a lovely bath but no bath products - salts or foam - which seemed like an oversight.

The bed was one of the most comfortable bed's I have ever slept in and the black out curtains ensured a comforatble night's sleep. The white robes and slippers provided also added that little bit extra comfort. I did think that the internet was a bit overpriced which was dissapointing - around £4 per hour.

The staff were very attentive, if a little too much - loitering around the table whilst eating - but helpful none-the-less. The food was great and good value for money.

Overall the room was great and I would definitely stay again but would think twice if a local place offered free internet.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear Briangreenwood,

Thank you for posting your review of Hilton Mumbai International Airport. Your valuable feedback is much appreciated because of the insights it provides on both our strengths and areas for improvement.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience you experienced in the shower. Please rest assured that your comments on this, the bath products and internet service are being reviewed by the relevant departments for appropriate action. We also continue our efforts to uphold the high service standards expected of the hotel.

My team and I are pleased that you were generally happy with your stay and hope to be of service to you again when you next return to Mumbai.

Vikas Kapai

Been to Hilton Mumbai International Airport? Share your experiences!