Stayed a few nights in April for work and found it a very pleasant hotel but too far from Mumbai for anything other than conferences I think. At least an hour into the centre by taxi and no outside space to realx except the terrace by the small swimming pool which was very noisy from the traffic.
On the down side the exterior and views from the hotel are being swamped by the building of the new international airport , hotels, link roads and overhead rail systems just outside the walls. It is however very close to the airport which is very good for international travellers such as myself. Once inside the standard is very high indeed. I stayed on the ITC club floor in a superb bedroom with sofas etc and a massage chair opposite the large flat screen TV. The fittings and amenities were first class and thoughful small touches very appreciated. I really enjoyed the sleep mists for the pillows at night and the food treats left our every day. The 15th floor club dining room was excellent for breakfast and food generally was of a high standard.
After a few days the rooms became very noisy all day due to work on the roof..the hotel kindly moved me but to no avail.I think the hammering was reverberating through the AC ducting ..anyweay a number of us jet lagged travellers found this hard to bear..hopefully sorted by now.
I had a great pedicure in the spa and heard good things about the other treatments but had no time to try them.
The wifi was expensive. I am constanly amazed that hotels of such a high standard insist on chargng a lot for what is by now a necessity for many travellers. Many much cheaper hotels offer it for free.
- Also Known As:
- Itc Maratha, Mumbai Hotel
- Itc Maratha, Mumbai Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Itc Grand Maratha
- Itc Hotel Grand Maratha Sheraton & Towers
- Grand Maratha
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ITC Maratha is one of the leading 5 star deluxe hotels in Mumbai, the commercial capital and dream city of India. The highlight of the hotel is its architecture and interior spaces. 1.75 lakh sq feet of stone, each hand carved has been used for its cladding and pillars patterned on the 18th and 19th century. The interiors are muted and subtle, with elements of both Victorian as well as Maharashtrian inspiration. It is in close proximity to the bustling business districts of north and central Mumbai, the NSE Exhibition Centre, and is a short distance from Film City, the Bombay Museum, and Borivili National Park. In addition, The Maratha is only a stone throw from the airport (2 km from the international terminal and 5 km from the domestic terminal) making it convenient for the transit traveller. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Tingo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Otel, Travelocity, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your ITC Maratha, Mumbai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.