“Recommended” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel

You added Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 & 3B Near Chinmayanand Ashram | Powai, Mumbai (Bombay) 400 087, India   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book early & get 20% Off
Ranked #64 of 389 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Hi,
I stayed here for a week during my official visit to Mumbai. The hotel representative was there at the airport to receive me. It did not take much time to verify my details after which I was taken to the hotel in a matter of 15-20 minutes. I was received well and the check in procedure did not take much long. The rooms were clean and well maintained. Like any other 5 star hotel, Renaissance did live upto its name. The restraunts were limited but was very good in quality and service.
Check out procedure was quick as well. However, the city is a bit away from this area and it gets a bit boring after I got back to the hotel after my meetings, since I was lazy to get a cab/rick to go explore the city.
Overall experience was good and recommended.

Room Tip: Try to get a high lake view room and enjoy the view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Sheidari, General Manager at Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a great recommedation. As the hotel General Manager, I can assure you that our passion towards creating delightful guest experiences shall always stay at its foray and we hope that you continue visiting us.

In your next visit, I would truly recommend you explore the city of Powai close to the Hotel as we understand getting to South Mumbai can be cumbersome given the traffic in the city. Powai has also developed to a great cosmopolitan area with excellent recreation, shopping and nightlife options.

Look forward to welcoming you soon again !

Saeid.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Excellent Excellent Excellent
Too good experience, superb Hospitality and lovely food
I had visited for with My Family and was celebrating my Kids Birthday
They were so excited and loved the way they were treated and this made a memorable moment for them
The staff was too very courteous serving food and helping
Ambiance too is fabulous. Keep it up ! ! !
Quassim H K

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
We understand that children mean the world to their families and It is always great fun celebrating a kiddy birthday Renaissance style at the hotel.
We are happy that you chose us for the celebration and glad that we met your expectations.

Do keep visiting us !

Ankara, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is great in terms of everything, the facilities are too good, very close to airport makes the hotel easier to reach, but most impressice part is breakfast restauran, server jinto is exceptionally trained, manager coming and asking about yhe stay and am i happy with everything is very attentive love this jome

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the great feedback and acknowledging the reality that Renaissance Mumbai is actually close to the airport which many a times is not considered so.

Jinto shall be delighted to receive such great compliments from your end.

Do visit us soon again !

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Everything is well organised, the service is perfect and the authenticity of the food is near perfect, given the wide variety of cuisines offered.

It was a very nice, quite and romantic dinner with my partner.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad that we make a impressive ambience and experience for your dinner date.
Having experienced the marvels of the Hotel, we look forward to seeing you again and again at the Renaissance Mumbai !

mumbaikar
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed at the renaissance in powai in Mumbai for a conference last weekend. We however stayed in as a family especially one with very young kids.. This property was once one of the best in Mumbai..it's sprawling placement and the fabulous view of the lake made it a must stay venue.
Our experience this time however wasn't the best. The staff was very courteous and the service was great but when you allocate a room to a family with a baby it should be important that the baby is allowed to rest else that stay experience is harrowing.the rooms are in a desperate need of renovation but to have the same done in the next room at 3 pm in the afternoon is not done! That's a basic rule followed even in the most basic of housing societies.
The air conditioning in the room and indeed the entire hotel sucks! This especially when people generally feel too cold inside five star hotels. So no sleep in the afternoon due to the baby being harassed due to civil work and sweat induced fitful sleep at night. Good bye relaxation. Forget promoting the relaxing spa fix the aircon!
The next day breakfast was a disaster. Called at 10 to enquire about last order for brekkie and was informed its 1045.. Landed up at 1035 to be informed that the voice on the telephone has the wrong info..go hungry! Went up to the room and had to order room service for breakfast. For an elementary error.
The icing on the cake was when the mrs had a one inch tack pierce her foot from the room carpet. The scary thing was that it was the same area where the toddler and the baby were playing! Very risky and irresponsible!
On checkout when I outlined these issues, there was no concern and no attempt to get the manager involved. The clerk suggested that I may not have known to operate the aircon dial!
Used to be great..now firmly entering has been territory. Buck up Renaissance.. We used to love it!

Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest,

It upsets me extremely to know that we disaapointed you at multiple levels during your recent stay with us.
Much of the feedback is controllable and requires training attention on the soft skills of our hospitality business. You can be rest assured that the concerned departments shall be looped in for us to work towards creating a more customer friendly service experience as well as more eye for detail especially towards room allocation, cleanliness checks and communication.

I regret that we dissapointed you this stay but do give us another opportunity to see the improvision that the hotel carries out post your feedback.
You have always loved the Renaissance Mumbai and I am certain you shall give us that one chance to better ourselves

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My first time travelling to Mumbai on business and the experience at this hotel has been absolutely wonderful, the staff are very warm and welcoming and always ready to help you. I very much enjoyed the Italian food in fratelli fresh and also the lovely Sunday brunch. All have gone out of their way to make this a fantastic experience and after just a few days the staff remember your face and preferences (I get asked whether I would like my omelette as soon as I get to breakfast) I would very much recommend this hotel and look forward to returning even before I have left. Very special thank you to Amrit in the Fratelli restaurant for such warm hospitality

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sheidari, General Manager at Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind feedback.
we are happy that we have created such an impression in your heart and mind that you cant wait to be with us again.

We too look forward to welcoming you soon again at the Renaissance Mumbai !

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I am glad to share my opinion about the Renaissance Mumbai Hotel and the business lounge through this post. I have been staying here for more than two months now. The experience has been really excellent. Hotel infrastructure is great but what makes this hotel different from rest of the hotels is the people working here.

Hotel staff is very friendly and helpful especially the staff at the breakfast hall. Never has been a case when i have not received my eggs,juice and pancakes within 5 minutes of ordering. On couple of occasions they have even prepared the dishes out of their menu. Hotel staff is young and has a very professional yet friendly attitude. I have observed that they value customer relationship a lot.
Though all the staff at breakfast hall is great but i would really take this opportunity to mention few names: JINTO, PRATEEK,VIPIN . They have been great servers.

I have been to 7 different Marriott hotels in India and abroad. Executive lounge of Renaissance is the best i have ever visited. The food is excellent and so are the drinks they serve. The lounge is spacious and has a great view also. It has a small book section also.

The thing which makes the lounge even better place to hangout, are the people who manage it. Sonia Tamarkar ( Assistant Manager -Executive Lounge)and Shradha (Assistant Manager -Guest relations) are two wonderful managers you will meet at the lounge. More than managers they have been very good friends. Many a times they have gone an extra step to help me and my friends. I congratulate Renaissance hotel for having such talented and professional staff.
For guys who are very much fond of drinking , i am sure executive lounge wont disappoint you. They do have good variety of cocktails,beers and wines. Bartenders are very nice and very skillful indeed. Abhishek,Rahul and Vijay who serve at the lounge bar are fantastic people and best at what they do. Kudos.

Every now and then there are some events going on in the hotel and you just dont want to miss them. For some one who is on a business/vacation trip to Mumbai and looking for a nice and comfortable stay Renaissance is definitely the answer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to receive your feedback and such lovely comments about our Breakfast Venue Fratelli Fresh and our Executive Lounge.
I am certain the team shall continue delivering their best and ensuring that you wish to keep returning back to us again and again !

I shall be excited to share your feedback with the entire team.

Saeid.

Been to Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel? Share your experiences!