“Great location, poor standards” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel

Save Saved
You added Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 & 3B Near Chinmayanand Ashram | Powai, Mumbai (Bombay) 400 087, India   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
3 for 2 - One Night On Us
Ranked #51 of 364 hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Bangalore
“Great location, poor standards”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Perhaps this is one of the best located hotels in the city, adjacent to a lake, in a quiet corner. However decor is downright gaudy. The breakfast in the executive club was perhaps the worst that I have experienced in any hotel, anywhere in the world. The boiled vegetables were stale and dirty. The hash browns were soggy. The baked bean sauce was watery. Plus you have mosquitoes for company on the 36th floor. Perhaps franchise models have these limitations. But this is a Marriot group hotel whose standards are expected to be exemplary. The saving grace was the customer service. Or perhaps that is because this was my first visit.

• Stayed February 2013
RenaissanceMumbai, Guest Relations Executive at Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank your for your valuable feedback about your stay at the Renaissance Mumbai. I duly understand the inconveniences caused due to the lapse in our services. Your feedback regarding the same has been put ahead for our improvement in service.
Do write to me on the email mentioned below for your future visit so that I can assure you have a flawess stay.

Thanks & Regards

1,254 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ravenstone, Leicestershire, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Just spent 3 nights at the Renaissance and found everything to be very good.
Excellent room on floor 33 with view over the pool and lake - water buffalo, alligator and many kites (of the feathered variety) in sight from room window.
Staff can't be more helpful and when the booking went slightly astray it was quickly sorted out.
All the food I had during the stay was very good.
Only down side was being bitten by mosquito in the bar one evening.

Room Tip: The view from the front over the lake is excellent, view from back of the hotel over the slums is no...
Dear Guest

Thank your for your valuable feedback.
We are truly happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel. Do write to me on the email mentioned below for your future visit so that I can assure you have a flawless stay.We look forward to welcoming you back!

Thanks & Regards
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The location is great as you escape city life and the tooting of horns! The staff are great, but the rooms are very tired and in desperate need of a refresh. The pool, gym and general areas are first class, as is the food. Chinese food is well worth a look and if you dont see it on the menu, just ask as the staff are very flexible and can cater for most needs.

Room Tip: Lake side have the best view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
RenaissanceMumbai, Guest Relations Executive at Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

I understand that we were not able to live upto your expectiations during this stay. This is not a norm and is an aberration from our normal high standards. I am pleased to know that our ambassadors lived up to the true standard and you enjoyed the other facilities of the hotel. Do write in to me for your next visit and would personally ensure you have a flawless stay.

Delhi, Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The room I stayed in was very comfortable. Staff at the hotel is very helpful and jovial. Food at the hotel's chinese restaurant was hopeless. Everyone from our group who ate dinner there had a terrible nigth and next day. Although we enjoyed the breakfast, we never dared to eat at the restaurant's again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback about our hotel on Trip Advisor. It is our pleasure to know that you had a comfortable stay with us. The feedback about the concerned restaurant have been put forward to the respective team for necessary actions to be taken. However i would urge you to allow us another chance to show you the true colour of our hospitality.

Gurgaon, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Renaissance in Powai Mumbai has great ambience because of its location It also has splendid rooms & great infrastructure to support. They also have a friendly & well informed team of people to make your stay very pleasant always. Food is also great & you have a great choice of Indian, Italian & Chines food along with a good bakery/Deli!

Room Tip: Rooms that are Lake facing in the Towers are the best.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to know that you had an awe-inspiring stay with us at the Renaissance Mumbai. The team and I are happy to serve our guest and make them feel like at home even though away from home. we look forward to welcoming you back and creating many more sweet memories for you.

Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights on business as we held a workshop here no one of the days. The hotel is dated inside in all areas and I thought the bedroom was very poor decor wise. I do not know hoe old the hotel is but it looked about 20 yrs or so. The reception staff although pleasant did not seen tomknowwhatnthey were doing and the key card failed to work on two of the days I was there and had to be replaced/re-activated. Location wise next to Powai Lake it should be a knock out hotel but it simply isn't. I thought it was expensive in all areas incl. the restaurants. Probably would not stay here again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I understand that we were not able to live upto your expectiations during this stay. This is not a norm and is an aberration from our normal high standards. With regards to our Beverage & Food prices, we feel that we are competitively priced in relation with our competition hotels in Powai Area. I am confident that we would not fail you on your next visit and show you the true standard of our hospitality. Do write in to me for your next visit and would personally ensure you have a flawless stay.

Center
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My third time here.
Key issues to me are:
POSITIVE: the property has a stunning infinity pool with view to the Lake, nice gardens with several areas for banquetting. the architect has made a good job: externally it's definitely "not India", but the interiors contain the majesty of a palace with local decorations. It's a place with a lot of space -interiors and exteriors. This is not to be given for granted: Mumbai hotels are typically palaces packed among others.
NEGATIVE: While they clearly made efforts to keep up in common areas (Restaurants are simply phenomenal in terms of beauty, lightning and decorations), Rooms are definitely aging -I noticed and got confirmed by one employee that at the end of 2012 they started refreshing operations.
Service:
A colleague of mine stated: "something must have changed: they charge for more issues, they don't answer the phone -they seem stressed". I could confirm that the charge has increased but the room I had was simply not fitting 5 stars standards, due to aging and cleanness (in the past I never felt disappointed -it must depend on different areas).
Improvement should also be placed for phone answering -if it's the same people assistinc the reception, it can't work.
But: when I asked for a room change I got an extremely generous upgrade. The person who did it, did not go into denial, asked the details of my unsatisfaction and stated he wanted me to be happy. I think it was a good claim management. He truly saved the show.

I think I'll come back again here: the manager promised me to inspect the room before my arrival and he has my trust.
I remark that I once was here for a conference -that turned out a success thanks to the large green space of this property (every night a different garden location & decoration.

Note: my colleague stated that in the same category better, newer rooms are given by the Grand Hyatt (not the Hyatt Regency, that he considers worse). But that is a locked-up palace, while the Renaissance is closer to a resort -out of traffic jammed Mumbai standards.

Room Tip: Lake view is definitely a plus. If you see the room is aged, ask immediately for a change -themany a...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I understand that we were not able to live upto your expectiations during this stay. This is not a norm and is an aberration from our normal high standards. Also your feedback regarding the other services have been put ahead to respective teams for corrective actions. Do write to me in personal for your future visit so that i can assure you flawless stay.

Email: rhi.bombr.grm@renaissancehotels.com

Been to Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel? Share your experiences!