“Best hotel in Mumbai Suburbs” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel Mumbai

Save Saved
You added JW Marriott Hotel Mumbai to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel Mumbai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Juhu Tara Road | Juhu, Mumbai (Bombay) 400049, India (Juhu)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #12 of 365 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
midlands, uk
“Best hotel in Mumbai Suburbs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

We stayed in JW Marriot for 3 nights at the end of August 2014. The hotel pick up was comfortable as was check in. We were given one of the business rooms on the first floor. The room provided views of Juhu Beach, and was equipped with all modern necessities. The bathroom was impeccable and of a very large size for a hotel. Breakfast at the hotel is amazing. The choice is unbeatable, from pancakes, dosa's, porathas to continental food. All in all a great hotel if you are looking for a bit of luxury and star spotting in mumbai!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Pavithran_JWMM, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mumbai, responded to this review, September 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

It is great to note that you had a wonderful stay at our hotel.

Our first priority are our guests and I am glad to note that we met your expectations. Our endeavor is to offer comfort with good service and product to all our guests.

I look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

Pavithran Nambiar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

Best place for everything from spa to honeymoon suite to excellent Italian food
right near juhu beach
if you have mariott card do expect great deals
ideally located near prithvi theatre nearby foodcourts
Buffet is also excellent
good hospitality

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

As you say, there really is a lot to do in and around Juhu which our guests have always loved about staying here.

I hope we will welcome you back again soon.

Durban, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

The disappointment of a ruined New Year's Eve and a planned memorable reunion and farewell brings a great sadness to me and my family every time we recall our stay at the JWMarriot. The time and moment lost will never return, but the disappointment does. What was to be a special and sentimental reunion ,Our New Year's Eve was ruined by the GM (Pavithran)and management.I look back sadly at a night that was planned to reunite sisters(coming half way across the world)who had not seen each other for 3years and to have it ruined by people in the hospitality industry at a property that I thought was a perfect choice still brings sadness to my heart. My daughter was singled out and separated from her family at the time if the countdown and yet the staff and management overlooked and took booking for guests who were under age.irrespective of the alcohol by laws ,My family were all frantically looking for my daughter and it felt like being in a sad horror movie when we couldn't find her . I met with an arrogant GM who boasted his credentials while our holiday was being ruined at our expense To top it all I requested a late checkout and I was delayed for just 30 minutes over the allocated time the duty manager Ms Leena charged me for an additional day. And said to me this was instructed by her GM!!She didn't care that my holiday was ruined by them but was more interested in the finances then the bigger picture if my ruined holiday.

• Stayed December 2013
Pavithran_JWMM, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mumbai, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am sorry that your memories of your time here are so disappointing and particularly if I contributed to this. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to the hotel soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

We stayed in a gorgeous corner suite while in Mumbai. Had fabulous views of the beach. Hotel was beautiful, clean, and staff was very friendly. Ate a few meals at the restaurant, food was very good. We were with the family, hotel was easy to get to after arriving from the US. Location was on the quieter side for Mumbai which we didn't mind.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you had a great experience while here at JW Marriott Mumbai.

I look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

For first day of Ganpati immersions of Ganesh, we thought JW Marriott in Juhu would give us chance to see a lot of immersions ... and we were not disappointed. Unfortunately, my child had an accident in pool, and we needed to first go to hospital for stitches. The front desk manager was awesome help, organized car to go to CritiCare hospital, and the driver accompanied us all afternoon in the hospital. Finally, all was okay, and the little kid was playing again on the beach while we watched the immersions. All throughout the stay, the customer attention was very focused - Guest Relations execs like Neha Mulla and Poonam Chauhan were great.
Of all the buffets in Mumbai (Grand Hyatt, Sofitel, Taj Lands End, etc) the JW Marriott is our favorite -- especially the Sunday buffet, they have it all.
Dined at SPICES two times this weekend ... the sushi chef knows his fish, and did a fresh Hamachi for us ... also made my kid's favorite Tobi-ko infused with Wasabi (green eggs). The master chef at SPICES was also great, specialized in Thai ... and our two Thai dishes were authentic and awesome. We will go back just to dine: lunch buffet and dinner at SPICES.
All-in-all, a great weekend at the JW Marriott on Juhu Tara Road - and while it is just a "stay-cation" spot for us here, the weekends are just so enjoyable, as it all comes together with a great property, great food, great atmosphere for the kids, and truly customer-orientation which is sincere, we will certainly repeat many weekend stay-cations at this property.
Great job to all, from drivers, to doormen, to front desk, to guest relations ... and lest I forget to mention: The Executive Lounge on the 4th floor!

Room Tip: The best suite in the hotel might be 438. But the ocean front suites like 401 are better if you wan...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Warm Greetings.

It was great to read the positive comments about the hotel, my team and the services offered by them. It made me feel proud to be part of the JW Marriott Mumbai. As a father I can understand the anxiety and stress your wife and your must have gone through. I am glad my team was there to assist you at such a trying time.

Our constant endeavor is to offer comfort and services which are home away from home. My team is constantly making the effort to “Go the Extra Mile” for all our guests.

I have personally complimented Neha and Poonam for taking care of all your requirements.

We look forward to welcome you back at our hotel.

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

This hotel is situated in Juhu, suburbs of Mumbai. The location is very convinient from both domestic & international airport of Mumbai.

This hotel has very premium cars for airport transfers. They have Range Rover & BMW for all guest staying in this Hotel.

The Food &beverages is very good in this hotel. Having morning breakfast in Lotus Cafe is amazing experience.

The USP of this Hotel is. You have direct access to Juhu beach from this hotel. Most of the rooms have beach facing a f has very good view.

Rooms are compartively smaller but very comfortable with modern fittings & amnesties. You have JBL player in all rooms to play your favourite music.

Enigma pub is one of the finest in the town. Good music, good food, excellent ambiance.

Swimming pool n gymnasium is excellent. You should try them if you are staying here.

You will certainly find some bollywood artist in this hotel. It is very popular destination for high profile parties & wedding.

You should select rooms on higher floor sea view. Non sea view rooms has poor view from the room.

Do not miss buffet breakfast with excellent spread.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Wow! Thank you so very much for your review of your recent stay. It means a great deal to us when our guests, and most particularly our regular guests, let us know that they enjoy visiting our hotel.

You have highlighted the best and all the services offered at the hotel. It is wonderful to note that we sent you back happy.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

Having stayed at a number of the Marriott's during my time in India, Mumbai has to be at the top of the list. The staff are friendly, helpful, polite and quick, while I again had issues with using a credit card authorisation form for my booking they were very quick to try and resolve the issue.
The rooms are on the small side, so a long term stay here would feel cramped, however the hotel grounds of the pool area are tranquil and relaxing. The view out to the beach was lovely and I could have sat watching the ocean and people walking by for hours while listening to my music on the Bose ipod dock. The bathroom set up is a little unusual but for the size of the room it makes sense.
The buffet dinner was amazing, the variety of food was unbelievable, freshly made pizzas, Thai curries, seafood, Chinese and of course lots Indian and the highlight would be the ice cream station also having the complementary beer or mocktail included with dinner I thought was a lovely touch.
The breakfast was just as impressive so much too choose and not enough stomach space to try everything.
If wanting a hotel car to take you around book in advance, although if they are fully booked they do have other alternatives.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the ocean
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We do appreciate you taking time out to share with us your experience while at our hotel.

Thank you for your positive comments. I am continuously working with my team to ensure flawless service and great product experience for all our guests. It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the buffet spread and the food at live stations.

We sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again.

Pavithran Nambiar

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Mumbai? Share your experiences!