“BEWARE! EXTENSIVE WORKS AND FINE DUST!” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book early & get 20% Off
Ranked #12 of 389 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
London, United Kingdom
“BEWARE! EXTENSIVE WORKS AND FINE DUST!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

As part of our 36th Wedding anniversary, we were staying in parts of Mumbai, this being a 3-night stay. On arrival at 3pm when our suite and one double room should have been ready, we were kept waiting nearly an hour as they had messed up our booking. We were offered one room and were told to wait till midnight when we could have the other room. Then the general manager came up to our room and tried to kick us out as he had double-booked! They ruined our special day!
Beware of the extensive building works going on. The whole hotel is covered in a fine mist of dust. I had informed them that I suffer from asthma and they should have mentioned the works. However, they are greedy and do not care about their guests. The executive lounge was a disgrace with sandwiches left uncovered and ants crawling all over the food.
The next evening, I was taken aback when I was told there was a surprise for the children - it consisted of some sugary cupcakes brought to the room at bedtime and pictures taken with the children being made to pose. JW Marriott, you did not ask and you do not have our permission to use these pictures of my family for your publicity.
This hotel treats their customers with disregard! It should be shut whilst such extensive works are going on. My whole family are still suffering the effects of dust inhalation. We were miserable throughout!

Room Tip: I had the juhu beach suite which was cramped. Beware the extensive works which makes a fine mist of...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed at the Marriott Mumbai for 2 nights in December 2012. This was our 2nd visit to this hotel.
Overall the hotel is an excellent choice although it is slightly more expensive than other 5 star hotels in Mumbai.
The bedroom was clean and comfortable with a good shower.
The breakfast was excellent and the choice of restaurants in the hotel is very good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JWMM_GM, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mumbai, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you for once again choosing to stay at our hotel.

It is with pleasure that I have noted about your stay and the excellent review that you have shared.

Look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

KualaLumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Frequent overnight stay, great service staff, excellent food, the brunch is excellent. Rooms have been upgraded so you feel a difference. Business Center staff go an extra mile to help you. Overall a great experience. thanks and keep it up!

Room Tip: Request sea facing room for a panoramic view of the Arabian Sea. Do not forget to miss the Sunday Br...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. I am continuously working with my team to ensure flawless service and great product experience for all our guests.

My team and myself look forward to welcome you back.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This hotel is well-located with nice and roomy renovated rooms and unparalleled service. The lobby, pool and restaurants are sumptuous. Rooms are well-equipped and beds comfortable. No sound issues. Breakfast is a treat - over 150 dishes, several made to order. Service is the best I've found anywhere in the world. Would recommend requesting a pool-facing room for unobstructed beach views. Only quibble would be quality of room service food. Menu has good amount of variety but actual food is sub-par for what one would expect of 5 star hotel. The chicken pieces in curries, for example, are obviously just boiled and thrown in - which leaves it with that distinctive taste that I personally find difficult to swallow. Nachos a disaster! (no cheese!!) I would knock half a point off for the room service quality in general but because this hotel more than exceeds expectations in every other category, I've bumped it up to a 5. One other slight point of concern: the bathrooms are VERY small, and there is no tub (and amenities are not branded, neither are they at the level one would expect). Having said that, would recommend to anyone, and particularly well-located for Andheri (West and East). I also had meetings in Worli and Bandra and didn't find them hard to get to provided I was travelling between 11 and 4. An excellent hotel for business needs, but I would also select the JW for leisure as well. Compared to other hotels I have visited in Mumbai, this stands out as one of the very best.

Room Tip: Request a recently renovated room, pool-facing.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
JWMM_GM, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mumbai, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you had a great experience while here at JW Marriott Mumbai.

Our first priority are our guests and I am glad to note that we met your expectations. Our endeavor is to offer comfort with good service and product to all our guests.

I look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Our family stayed there for 2 weeks last december (2011)and had an excellent time. Excellent service, and excellent breakfast. The Lobby is very well designed and the ambience is awesome. My kids enjoyed the easy access to the beach and the location is perfect. Gym is OK - better than some other hotels but definitely not a Lifetime Fitness quality) Surprisingly the beach is clean (by local standards!) The new rooms are great (although small) but with all the amenities. There is always a lot of buzz here and many activities going on - if you enjoy those kind of things.. My kids spotted a couple of Bollywood actors which was quite thrilling for them.
Some very good restaurants nearby that will deliver (e.g Gajalee if you like seafood).
I am a Marriott Platinum so had access to the lounge and was treated very well. Highly recommended!
Only advice to the hotel would be to upgrade the liquor selection at the Exec Lounge (only domestic wines? Please!!)

Room Tip: Get one of the newly renovated rooms facing the beach (4th floor is best) and pay the extra money fo...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights on a business trip.

Pros :
- nice seaview
- excellent restaurants
- vibrant lobby with live music playing the morning and evenings
- superb gym and healthclub

Cons
- Small rooms
- Weird room design. to go to the bath you have to go through the toilet
- on all 3 days I had to ask for my choice of newspapers. Normally a good 5 star hotel would pick up the request on the first day itself! Was amazed at this lack of attention to detail!

Room Tip: please ask for higher floor ocean view rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for three nights on a business trip. They didn't have a smoking room so I got upgraded to a suite! Big rooms very elegant. Lovely sea veiw thru the big windows. Water in the pool was a bit too cold. Good service everyone was very helpful and polite. The hotel is right on the beach. The beach like all of Mumbai was always full of people. Felt spooky going to the beach thru the big wooden gate-like door. Only two things that I didn't like. The smell in the lobby was awful at times ( I think it was comming from the sea) and there wasn't much to do in the hotel in terms of activities. Overall you will like it saying there.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,

It would be a pleasure to have you with us whenever next you plan your trip to Mumbai.

Thomas Guss

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Mumbai? Share your experiences!