“Fantastic Service” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Weekend Escapes
Ranked #12 of 396 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“Fantastic Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

My wife & daughter had a 3 night stay, great location, great food but even better service !!from the moment they arrived till checkout. Had a tiring last day due to feeling under the weather. The manager heard and sent some fruit, then some soup, then some chocolate and even flowers all with smiles & good wishes from the staff. My ladies loved the attention. It really made up for feeling under the weather. Apparently we've got to go back as a couple!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

I am currently staying at the Marriott and will be here for another 2 nights – I wish I wasn’t as I am most disappointed as I had booked a Club room with a king size bed (and my booking say King bed guaranteed) ocean facing as I had hopped to be able to see the Ganesh Chaturthi procession from my room and what I was first offered was a room with twin beds and when I questioned why I was getting twin rooms, after some discussions at reception I was told ( should I say fobbed off) I would get upgraded to a room which was better then I was going to get.
What I ended getting was a poky twin Queen bed room with a partial view of the swimming pool and see where I could not see the Ganesh Chaturthi procession.
I wish I had stayed at The Ramada up the road where the rooms are much larger even at standard level let alone Deluxe Club level at a much lover cost.

I was stupid enough to book on a pre paid non cancellable rate or I would have cancelled and looked to move to The Ramada which has much nicer rooms as I recall, what is worst is I am booked to return back here after a 3 day trip to Chennai and again on a non cancellable basis... What a disappointment... Want be staying at This Marriott again... I have stayed at many Marriott and belong to the reward programme and have never been disappointed as I have with the Mumbai property, which is far more expensive then some of their better Europeans hotels where I have the pleasure to stay....

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

We stayed for five nights and found this hotel lived up to expectations.The front desk were most helpful and, went out of their way to let us check in early. The room was very well serviced every day and the fruitbowl kept full.
The breakfast buffet was of exceptional standard and the service outstanding.
All the staff were very friendly and it was a delight to stay at this JW

JWMM_ExecAsst, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mumbai, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Dear DottieB,

We are delighted that you had a great experience while here at JW Marriott Mumbai.

Our first priority are our guests and I am glad to note that we met your expectations. Our endeavor is to offer comfort with good service and product to all our guests.

I look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

Experienced one of the finest venues to organize mid sized conferences. Excellent, attentive & obliging service on the big day. Great catering in terms of presentation quality & quantity. No other hotel provides comparable refreshments at tea breaks given similar price bands. Appreciated comfortable room & prompt seamless room service. Additional add-ons such as valet service, reassuring security screen for the event & constantly well maintained wash room services much appreciated. Will definately look forward to & recommend JW Marriott for organizing future events.

Room Tip: Marriott Rewards members get acess to free high speed wireless internet.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear Nozer_She,

We are delighted that you had a very good experience while here at JW Marriott Mumbai.

Our first priority is our guests and I am glad that we exceeded your expectations. We sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again to our hotel.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

My second business stay in this hotel. Newly refurbished first floor rooms a big improvement although a bit gloomy. Why did the lights all come on at 3.00am???
Nicely located on the beach with attractive gardens and outdoor pool. Staff attentive (probably over-attentive for some, but that's what it's like in India).
Buffet b'fast and dinner what you would expect with some being cooked to order.
Not a cheap hotel, but it is very good and has a good business centre with bookable meeting rooms, again not cheap.

• Stayed August 2011
Dear PeterHDub,

We are delighted that you had a good experience while here at JW Marriott Mumbai.

We have investigated the issue you faced with the lights in the room. The lights came on due to a fluctuation in the power from the main electricity board. We have gone back and rectified the issues since ideally the lights should not have turned on despite a power fluctuation.

Please treat this as an aberration of our usual service standard. We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

Mumbai , India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Super hotel which has maintained the name worldwide..classy hotel with a super sea side view to it. One of the best coffee shops and an excellent buffet spread whether its brunch, lunch or dinner. Very well maintained property and very good staff.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Pranay Nig,

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad to note that you liked the buffet spread. Our endeavor is always to exceed expectations.

We sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again.

Chennai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

This is a fantastic hotel on the beachfront---mostly international guests---and catering to the high-end clients ! But it lives up to its expectations at this level.

The lobby itself, is huge, and well laid out---but the grand stairway leading to the basement (or second lobby ?) level coffee-shop/restaurants is simply grand. The view of the Arabian Sea from the Lobby is quite imkpressive---but you have a much better and wider view from the swimming pool, and also from most of the guest-rooms from almost all the floors.

The speciality restaurants are very expensive, but they serve very authentic ethnic cuisines, and also very creatively prepared food !

The time for check-in could be shorter---and there could be escort-service for guests to take them to the room after check-in.

the facilities in the rooms are very wide-ranging, including hi-speed internet for Marriott Rewards members---and so on.

The problem is the distance from the CBD of Mumbai---if you have work at Nariman Point/Fort, this is not the Hotel---but if your work is in North Mumbai, then this is a great place--if the price is within your range.

Room Tip: REgistere for the Marriott Rewards---there are several benefits, including free internet in the room...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Mumbai? Share your experiences!