“Good place, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Kohinoor Elite

You added Hotel Kohinoor Elite to your Saves list
Hotel Kohinoor Elite
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kohinoor City, Kirol Road, Off. | LBS Road, Next to American school, Kurla (W), Mumbai (Bombay) 560038, India   |
Ranked #62 of 389 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Bangalore
“Good place, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

i recently stayed for a short time and found it quite conveniently located. The staff was quite friendly and eager to help. Food was great and it is part of the stay package anyway. Whether you take it or not is an option only to you. The rooms are quite clean and well maintained and it is money's worth considering Mumbai's price vs. quality in good locations. The other amenities like swimming, gym etc are not in-house but they can get you the facilities in the adjoining building. Overall, i would recommend this for both business as well as for family stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HotelKohinoorMumbai, Management at Hotel Kohinoor Elite, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Naveen,

Thank you for choosing us for your stay. We are glad to get a positive review from you on a public platform. Also, it fills us with great pride to learn that we met your expectation regarding accommodation and facilities of hotel. At Hotel Kohinoor Elite, we ensure that our guests feel warm and looked after by our experienced and efficient staff.

Once again, our team acknowledges your review with utmost gratitude. It will be a great pleasure for us to become your host again.

Management @ Kohinoor Elite

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Pune, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

First the Location you have to find this place coming from BKC or sion or bandra by LBS road you have to cross the Kurla congested area( which some might not prefer) but in the end you come to a New and Nice Hotel .
They are offering free B/Fast ,Lunch, High Tea and Dinner which is good for a business traveler.
It is basically a Business hotel and nice option compared to price
Front office is responsive and good.
The B/F, Lunch,Dinner spread is Good .The Hotel now is neat and Clean but i have a doubt i am not complaining but i spotted something in the room, room should be cleared by housekeeping supervisor before allotment i don't want to high light this .
It is a Good Hotel i had a nice sleep.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
HotelKohinoorMumbai, Management at Hotel Kohinoor Elite, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the review and it was a pleasure to host you during your stay at our hotel. Our proximity to the major business hubs in Mumbai makes us preferred stay option amonst business travelers. We strive to offer a never-before experience to our guests to make their stay memorable. We serve the best regional and international cuisines in a serene and family like environment. We are glad that you had a nice and comfortable stay at Hotel Kohinoor Elite. The concerns highlighted by you have been well received and we will be looked into for immediate corrective actions.

Thank you for the review. We would love to host you again on your next visit.

Pune, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel is located next to the Kohinoor plaza business centre, off the LBS road near Kurla very close to other important locations in Kurla including the Phoniex Mall. The hotel is well maintained and has a gym with threadmills aswell.
The rooms were spacious & clean.
This Hotel does not have room service, only buffet in the restaurant.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
HotelKohinoorMumbai, Management at Hotel Kohinoor Elite, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing us for your stay. We are overwhelmed to get such a positive review from you on a public platform. We are glad to learn that our location was convenient for you. Also, it fills us with great pride to learn that we met your expectations regarding accommodation and facilities of gym.

At Hotel Kohinoor Elite, we ensure our guests, be it a family or a business delegate, feel warm and looked after. However, we have noted the concerned irregularities regarding our restaurant services that you came across. Your feedback is very valuable and it guides us to serve you with utmost perfection.

Once again, our team acknowledges your feedback with utmost gratitude. We would be more than happy to become your host in future.

Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We initially booked a room at the Kohinoor Elite for one night and then extended our booking day by day and ended up staying for a full week while waiting for our adopted child's passport to arrive. Even though this is basically a business hotel, it proved an excellent haven for our family who were by this time already worn out by over two weeks' waiting at different accommodations. This was our fifth accommodation in Mumbai on this trip and by far the best! Staff were very friendly and helpful, the buffet meals were fabulous, and all the amenities in the room were new and in excellent condition. The A/C was the quietest I've seen in India, and the quiet street outside also ensured us a good night's sleep. And for our older child's birthday, the cook even turned out a delicious special dinner and a delicious chocolate cake for us! We went swimming once at the Kohinoor Club next door, which is free for hotel guests, and the pool was very nice, with two smaller sections for kids.

The hotel's location halfway between South Mumbai and Greater Mumbai was also an advantage to the extent that we were able to make excursions on different days to the Sanjay Gandhi National Park - just an hour away - and to the Prince of Wales Museum, which we also reached in reasonable time (for Mumbai). On the other hand there's not much to visit nearby. But the Phoenix Marketcity Mall is just a short auto ride away if you want to indulge in shopping, and there's a supermarket virtually next door to the hotel.

From our family's point of view, the only drawback was the lack of a play area - which is understandable for a business hotel. But in all other respects, I can warmly recommend Kohinoor Elite as a high-quality family stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HotelKohinoorMumbai, Management at Hotel Kohinoor Elite, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing us for your stay on your recent trip to the city. We are extremely overwhelmed to receive such a review from you on this public forum. It always feels great to learn that we make our guests’ experiences truly memorable, and give them one-of-a-kind stay.

At Hotel Kohinoor Elite, we ensure our guests, be it a family or a business delegate, feel warm and looked after. And it is to the credit of the staff and their impeccable services that we’ve been able to achieve the zeniths of guests’ satisfaction. It goes without saying that when you check into Hotel Kohinoor Elite, our guests’ desire nothing but the best for their loved ones, especially when children are involved, and we constantly aspire to live up to our guests’ expectations. It is to this effect that we make sure to take extra care of the toddlers and surprise them in our own little way, by making occasions like their birthdays special and memorable.

Hotel Kohinoor Elite, besides boasting of its immaculate staff also provides its guests a comfortable stay in the lap of luxury. Endowed with world class amenities like, LCD Plasma screen, high speed internet and air conditioning, we ensure that guests feel connected and relaxed during their stay here.

Once again, the team at Hotel Kohinoor Elite acknowledges your feedback with utmost gratitude. We would be more than happy to play your host in future as well.

bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I stayed at the hotel on a business trip for 2N-3D and loved the stay. Hospitality is good. Variety of South Indian Vegetarian food in B.fast, lunch and dinner. Friendly and helpful staff. Have a club facility too. One suggestion - pls have separate sports equipment for the hotel residents as more often than not they would not have the equipment with them and the club does not have any equipment of its own.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
HotelKohinoorMumbai, Management at Hotel Kohinoor Elite, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Kohinoor Elite for your recent stay in Mumbai. We are glad that you found our services at par with hospitality standards. It is great to hear that our facilities, meals and staff were up to your expectations. We thank you for appreciating us and sharing your valuable feedback about sports equipment. We will do our best to work upon the areas that need improvement.

The team at Hotel Kohinoor Elite thanks you and acknowledges your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back at our property.

Gurgaon, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I have stayed here for a week (July 9-16, 2012) and when I was checking out, the person at the reception, a Mr. Nickhil, said “Your outstanding balance is 4650 Rs”. Shock was my first reaction followed by the surprise at the bill and when I asked “How?”...he told me that it was for my phone bill. I told him that it was no where mentioned that we have to pay separately for the phone we have used. The person’s reply was “No one will tell you sir”...I was even more surprised to see his reaction. I have been to a lot of hotels and I have not seen this kind of response anywhere across the country. When I told him that it’s cheating...he got really offended and went on to the defensive mode.

My primary concern is not because they have charged me, but for their lack of moral and social responsibility. They can charge me but they have let me know beforehand that phones are charged and even if they don’t they could place a small card in the hotel room which displays the rates per minute. The rate per minute IS NOT SAME EVERYWHERE AND HENCE THEY HAVE TO DISPLAY THE RATE. When I spoke with their manager, a Mr. Vikas, on the same issue his reaction appeared to be “Okay, I have to bear this guy for 5 minutes because he’s paying and then he’ll be gone”. I felt like this because he didn’t even care to move his lip while I was talking to him.

I am pretty sure their top management will not care for this review of mine but if they even see it I hope they take some responsibility in their business.

And the rates for calls are: Local call 6 rs per min, STD 30 rs per min and ISD 50 rs per min.

All in all, it’s a good hotel except for the incident that happened to me

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
HotelKohinoorMumbai, Management at Hotel Kohinoor Elite, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Hotel Kohinoor Elite for your business trip to Mumbai. While it is pleasing to note that you found our property, accommodation, amenities at par with your expectations, we profoundly regret the disagreeable incident that you had during your check out.
We at Hotel Kohinoor Elite strive really hard to ensure a great business and leisure hotel experience to our guests who check in with us from all over India and world. Transparency of our services and our charges is one of our operations’ philosophies and it is disappointing for us to learn about your undesirable account with one of our staff members.
A prompt enquiry has been sent in regarding the mentioned event and we would be investigating further into this issue. We appreciate your kind feedback of our property and hope to welcome you to Hotel Kohinoor Elite once again.

Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Though I landed with a little difficulty, the stay was very good and it is an excellent hotel.

First, let me tell you about the hotel:
- Excellent hotel (one year old)
- Very clean and good looking interiors
- Decent price (5k only) with freebies like - Free pickup, All Meals, Free WiFi
- Very good staff (One line is not enough to describe though)
- Very good security (they scan all our baggage and check the identity of all members who stays in)
- If you plan to stay here - ask for a room with "Lawn View"

Now, about the staff:
- Very pleasing and friendly
- Nikhil, Atul, Manoj and a few more staff members were very good (Thanks for all of them)

It is a memorable stay for me. It was my wife's birthday and we received a birthday cake (as a complement from the hotel management) along with the cake and a bouquet of flowers that I ordered myself (I paid for these though). I told them to keep this as a surprise until midnight. I expected only one person to deliver this at zero hours - this is what I told them - but to my surprise, a few of the staff came to the room and wished my wife (along with a birthday song). It was a special night for me out there. I would give it a high five star for the money I paid and the services I received.

If budget is ~5k and location around Kurla, then this is a very good hotel to stay. Rather the only choice... :)

Thanks,
Sekhar

Room Tip: Pick a room with "Lawn view"
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Management at Hotel Kohinoor Elite, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Dear Shekhar,

First and foremost, thank you choosing Hotel Kohinoor Elite as your host in Mumbai and also for sparing your time for such a kind and encouraging review. It is an honor to receive such an elaborate description of your stay experience and we could not have been happier to note that it was a memorable one for you. At Hotel Kohinoor Elite we strive towards only one goal: To ensure our guests leave with a remarkable stay and a smile of their face. We achieve that by paying attention to details such as free shuttle service and Wi-Fi, meals and many other value added services all at a great value for money.

We also appreciate your special mention for our support staff and we have duly forwarded your kind words to them and are sure that they are very delighted about this kind of encouragement. It makes us happy that our staff was able to make your special evening at Hotel Kohinoor Elite even more unforgettable and that you and your wife had a wonderful birthday memory to cherish for many years to come. It is the dedication and zeal such as this to please our guests that we aim to bestow our guests with.

Once again, we are grateful for your generous feedback and it would be an honor to be your host in Mumbai yet again.

Management @ Kohinoor Elite

Been to Hotel Kohinoor Elite? Share your experiences!