“Great experience :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Mumbai BKC

You added Sofitel Mumbai BKC to your Saves list
Sofitel Mumbai BKC
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C-57, Bandra Kurla Complex | Bandra East, Mumbai (Bombay) 400 051, India   |
Special Offer
WEEKEND ESCAPE
Ranked #3 of 396 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Great experience :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

It's always been one of my favourite hotels . Service is great and so are the rooms . Helpful and friendly staff . The first time I went there I loved the buffet and the variety was great we also got access to the members lounge which was a great experience . The rooms are clean and we'll maintained . I would surely vote for this as the number one in Mumbai .

• Stayed December 2013
Sofitel-Mumbai-BKC, General Manager at Sofitel Mumbai BKC, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Mumbai BKC as your accommodation choice during your recent visit to Mumbai and for posting your feedback through TripAdvisor.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and we are delighted to read your gracious compliments on the hotel and the warm and friendly service of our staff. At Sofitel Mumbai BKC, your comfort and well-being are essential to us and it has always been our endeavour to ensure that guests enjoy the rare sensation of feeling at home while experiencing the luxury of being elsewhere.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again to the Sofitel Mumbai BKC in the very near future and thank you again for your recommendations to others.

General Manager – Sofitel Mumbai BKC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Arabic first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We were at this Zyran restaurant for dinner . The service was great and the hospitality was out go the world. Anuj who attended us was excellent.
Even the chef Mr Qureshi came up to us , making sure the food was good and made us some great selections, and gave us a special yellow daal on the house to try.

I highly recomend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to dine at Jyran and for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

It is heartening to note your kind compliments and that you were able to enjoy a generous service experience. Your kind words are a great source of motivation and encouragement for the team and have been specially shared with Anuj and our Masterchef Qureshi.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon to Sofitel Mumbai BKC .

Male
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I loved the room at Sofitel BKC but the service was not at all consistent. I do not like the staff in the Front Desk, he did not even thank us for our stay after paying our bill. I love the people at breakfast and at the concierge they were nice. The location is not good if you wish to shop it is very far from the city. Every time we took a cab the drivers do not know where the hotel was. I am not so disappointed but no WOW in the end considering that it is a five star hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Sofitel-Mumbai-BKC, General Manager at Sofitel Mumbai BKC, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Sofitel we strive to provide a superior service experience for all our guests. Rest assured we have shared your comments with our Front Office Manager and we will strengthen our focus on training in the specific areas that your feedback has highlighted. Please allow me to add that the incident experienced by you is not reflective of our normal guest service standards and request you to give us opportunity to showcase that to you on your next visit to Mumbai.

Additionally, please allow me to share with you that we are strategically positioned in the new financial district of Mumbai, giving our guests easy access to South Mumbai by the sea link, and to the airport via the expressways. However, I regret the inconvenience caused and have noted your comments for review.

Our relationship with our guests is of paramount importance to us. I trust this experience will not alter your perception of our service standards and that you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again soon to Sofitel Mumbai BKC.

Bombay India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

My husband approached Sofitel for a small get together of frenz and right from the word go he was confident of confirming the venue.Me on the other side,a die hard Taj fan wanted to stick to the tried tested Taj or another Bandra option.

Great that I went with his choice.

Their team was at its toes through out the event....from giving us extra tables ,lamps fr our easter themed party...to changing a  dish on last minute recommendation.The bartender too did full justice to his job.

Chef Angad who had not only tried out new dishes for the party but also kudos to him..most of his suggestions at time of menu fixing were just topnotch.

Panacotta n other desserts n the indian dessert was fab.

Service was prompt and very humble.

I hurt my foot  while dancing...steward Manoj..hope Im getting the name right here..did not take more than a minute to return with a baNdaid..that guy is sure a star guy .Not to undermine the other team members..from team leader to the cleaner...all carried out their jobs impeccably.

Last but def not the least ..Mr Rajan the Banquets head and Ms Monal .. both saw to it that everyth was in place from planning to execution..

Result:::A highly satisfied client...A taj fan being converted to sofitel fan...a frenz circle of HNI s who experienced sofitels hospitality and swear to return for more...

Congratulations...We had a blast..

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Mumbai BKC to host your event and taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.

We are humbled by your gracious compliments and are pleased to note that your event was a great success. Your feedback is most gratifying and has been shared with Angad, Monal, Rajesh and Manish.

Please allow me to also share with you that we also cater for outdoor events and will be more than happy to receive your patronage once again.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I stayed in Sofitel Mumbai BKC from 1 Apr 2014 until 8 Apr 2014 ( 7 Nights). I had a wonderful stay and I must say that the service was excellent throughout. I would like to specially thanks the following staff:

Mahadev (Team Leader) and Sachin (Chief Concierge) who have helped me with directions and places to visit in Mumbai. Their information is normally accurate and detailed. They have always been polite and giving undivided attention to all the guests even though at times they were busy.

Triputi (Guest Relations) and Nalini (Duty Manager) both showed dedication and professionalism in their work. For example, when I mentioned to them that I need some time to rest and freshen up before my 3 am flight, they happily suggested that I could use the Club lounge to rest and freshen up. Triputi offered to show me the club lounge so that I have a peace of mind. As I will be back in the hotel only after 10 pm, and needed only few hours to rest before I leave for the airport, the lounge would be quiet with either few guests or no one. Therefore, taking the suggestions by Nalini, I decided to accept the suggestion to be at the club lounge from 10pm - 3am. Thank you so much Triputi and Nalini for going all the way to do this for me.

However, at the Club Lounge my experience was a very unpleasant due to two unprofessional staff. They are Tanmay Gaikar (Club Ambassador ) and Nitin Dalvi (Duty Manager).

Upon arriving at the Club Lounge and taking a space which was out of sight of guests, I decided to take some rest. Tanmay approached me saying to me that I was not allowed to sleep at the lounge. I told him I am not sleeping just resting as I was not feeling well. He claimed that he fully understand my situation but still this is not a place to be sleeping. I even told him that I wont be long and that I was advised by the duty manager Nalini that I can take the rest here until I depart for airport in couple of hours. I explained to him that I was going to take a room elsewhere but i was advised that for few hours during this late night hours I could use the lounge. He refused to listen to me and I asked to speak to the duty manager.

Nitin Dalvi was not very pleasant at all. In fact, he supported Tanmay claim. I asked him to define what it means to be sleeping. We had a slight unpleasant discussion on the term how a guest could be “resting “ in the lounge. Tanmay and Nitin could have handle the situation in a more professional manner but they refused not to do so. In fact, when I asked Tanmay when I arrived at the lounge for the wifi password, he immediately refused saying that as I have checked out I am not supposed to be using the wifi. It was a fair comment. Soon after that one of the staff there offered me a temporary password. (with deepest regret I was not able to take his name, I think he left the place by 11pm) This staff showed care and concern for his guest and should be highly commendable.

One other staff I would like to mention who attended to me that night was Vishal who was at the night shift. He was sad because I was feeling so disappointed. A number of times he tried to speak to me and offered me drinks, as I was deeply affected by the situation, I just did not want any. I thank and salute Vishal for his dedication and care for his guest/ ( If I could have his email or number I would like to thank him personally!)

I strongly advised that Tanmay and Nittin rethink of their behaviour to all their guests and approach each situation carefully. All guests are important either they are Club lounge guests or just an ordinary guests in the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us, and I sincerely apologize for your experience not meeting your very reasonable expectations.

We are committed to addressing any lapses experienced by our guests, and please rest assured I have shared your comments with the team and we will ensure appropriate measures are taken to avoid future recurrences.

Our relationship with our guests is of paramount importance and I trust you will not let this incident mar your perception of our services and give us another opportunity to better serve you again.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

From the moment we checked into the Sofitel Mumbai we have been treated like royalty, firstly upgraded to a suite for our wedding anniversary and then given a bouquet of flowers and a celebration cake both delivered to our room with compliments. Everything has been exceptional not just the hotel but all of its facilities and particularly the staff who cannot do enough to make your stay a memorable one. We had an amazing meal at Jyran restaurant attached to the hotel's 4th floor and our amiable waiter Rohit was excellent both in his recommendations and impeccable service thus rounding off a truly wonderful stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to spend your special day and for taking the time to share such wonderful comments.

It is heartening to note your appreciative feedback on the hotel and the service provided by our staff. We are committed to consistently provide warm and efficient services to all our guests and appreciative comments such as yours are most encouraging and will always be our greatest reward. Your kind words have been shared with Rohit and I am sure the team will be motivated to keep up the good work.

It was a pleasure for us to be at your service and I hope you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again on your next anniversary or anytime before that.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We spent a lovely evening at Jyran restaurant for our anniversary. Deepak, our waiter went out of his way to make our evening memorable.
The food was outstanding and the service impeccable. We even got a surprise cake for our anniversary - inclusive of a photoshoot ;)
Overall it was a very pleasant stay, a true five-star experience!

Room Tip: Club room, great value for money