“Super Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Mumbai BKC

You added Sofitel Mumbai BKC to your Saves list
Sofitel Mumbai BKC
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C-57, Bandra Kurla Complex | Bandra East, Mumbai (Bombay) 400 051, India   |
Special Offer
WEEKEND ESCAPE
Ranked #3 of 396 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Super Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a night at the Sofitel. Super, super service at all levels. Right from the reception, the bellboys, the restaurants, the concierge, the service was very welcoming and personal. Must say that the team is very well trained. The only hiccup was a leaking bathtub which was also attended to immediately.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sofitel-Mumbai-BKC, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Mumbai BKC, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay with us.

We are glad that you enjoyed the overall service levels at the hotel and particularly value our hotel. We are committed to consistently provide warm and efficient services to all our guests and appreciative comments such as yours are most encouraging and will always be our greatest reward.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back soon to the Sofitel Mumbai BKC.

Hotel Manager - Sofitel Mumbai BKC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Arabic first
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have to travel often to Mumbai and have to stay a night or two. This was the First time I stayed in Sofitel as I am holding accoradvantageplus card. If you hold this card, as a member you can avail some fantastic discounts. I chose to sty in club room on club floor as they offer free usage of meeting rooms for couple of hours. If you are going to hold meetings, opting for club room is convenient. The staff is cordial and helpful. The stay was awesome. The food was good with well spread breakfast. Though, staying at club floor I preferred to go to ground floor coffee shop for breakfast as it is well spread compared to that on club floor. The room is provided with a comfortable sofa that I find useful. Each room is supplied with an iron with the board.

Room Tip: You may choose even number rooms as it is open in front. In front of odd number rooms you will see b...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Sofitel-Mumbai-BKC, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Mumbai BKC, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Bonjour Valued Guest,

It is very pleasing to note that you had a comfortable stay with us and enjoyed the hotel and its facilities. Your appreciation is most encouraging and will be shared with the whole team. This will surely motivate them to keep up the good work.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we look forward to welcoming you again soon to the Sofitel Mumbai BKC.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed at Sofitel Mumbai. Customer service was excellent, very clean and well designed rooms. My Issues were well addresses. Upon check out the general manager and hotel manger was available to apologise for my inconvenience

Room Tip: Very clean and excellent choice
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful feedback and for choosing our hotel as your accommodation choice. It was a pleasure to meet you.

Your appreciation is most encouraging and will be shared with the whole team. This will surely motivate them to keep up the good work, and we are glad that we were able to work on all your feedbacks.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Sofitel Mumbia on the 31 July, after a long flight from Vancouver. It was a lovely place, friendly people and comfortable room. I enjoyed my short visit immensely. I found the front desk, restaurant and front door staff responsive, caring and able to answer questions easily and knowledgable Thanks for a great introduction to Mumbai and to India. I've found Accor hotels to be great places to stay, and have not been disappointed at any of them.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

sdgsfdgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My job takes me to all kinds of places round the world and I must say that out of all the hotels I have been to till today - Sofitel tops them all. The staff are so polite and helpful, the design is gorgeous, the rooms are clean and beautiful, I had a lovely swim in the pool and I LOVED the breakfast. I really hope to come back someday !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Sofitel-Mumbai-BKC, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Mumbai BKC, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Bonjour Valued Guest,

It is very pleasing to note that you had a comfortable stay with us and enjoyed the hotel and its facilities. Yes indeed, design does play a great role in all sofitel hotels around the world as its also one of our brand differentiators. Your appreciation is most encouraging and will be shared with the whole team. This will surely motivate them to keep up the good work.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed in Solfitel Mumbai for three night from 22/7 - 25/7. I stayed quite frequently at Accor hotels but Solfitel was a first. I am glad to choose this hotel?, the rooms are great, bed comfortable, whole hotel is very clean. Housekeeping are very thoughtful and far exceeds my expectations - I would not have thought that possible. You know, like cleaning the rooms and delivering to you the necessities you need, but not in Sofitel. Housekeeping was thoughtful enough to help me dry my wet clothes that I washed and left on the bathtub to dry everyday (being stingy, i was not willing to use laundry service for just gym clothes). To this, I say kudos to the housekeeping team,

However, my almost perfect trip ended rather unhappily. I booked my stay with a daily rate that includes credit for F&B that I can utilize during my stay. On my last morning before I checked out, I made sure I still have more than enough credit left so that I can order breakfast. It was very early check-out and I was glad they have a breakfast-to-go option. Travelling with 3 other colleagues (2 of them also stayed at Sofitel) and being the only one who had the F&B credit in my rate, I order 4 sets breakfast-to-go with my credit. That was at 4:30am in the morning, I specifically told room service I need to breakfast sets at the check-out counter by 5:00am when I check put so that we can take and go. 5:15am, I was running late when I came down to do my check-out, the breakfast sets were not there yet. While settling my check-out, I asked once to the staf to hurry the breakfast, a lady told me it will take 2 mins. By the time I finished checked out, I asked again, she told me that they are still preparing and finally she took up the phone to check the status. I waited for a couple of minutes more, and turned to the staff who was attending to my check-out. Again I was asked to wait. At that point, I gave up and left the hotel. I was already running late and all my colleagues were already waiting in the cab for me. I already told the staff I need the sets at counter by 5:00am, and I personally was late for 15 mins, plus my checkout time, the hotel should have enough time to complete my request. It was just breakfast-to-go, not some complicated gourmet meal.
Also, I was upset that about the food credit that I paid. It is not that I do not want to use my credits, I was not able to due to the service of the hotel.
This was a great dampener to my good feelings of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time out and sending us your feedback. We will address the communication gap between the room service and the Front Office. Please allow us some time to revert back to you.

I appreciate your candid comments and constructive feedback on some of your observations with regard to the staff. Your feedback is of great value to us as it allows us to ensure and improve the quality of our services to better meet the needs of our guests.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again soon and hope that Sofitel Mumbai BKC will remain your preferred hotel on all your future visits to Mumbai.

Loughborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed here as I had meetings across Mumbai, and this hotel was, overall, well-positioned. And it was also extremely cheap for such quality, at just £66 per night. (While not necessarily a fair comparison, Sofitels in London and New York, for example, are often £250+ per night.) Given the quality and the price, this hotel clearly represents terrific value. I’d love to stay here again.

Pros:
- Extremely high quality
- Location (but this depends on why you’re in Mumbai and where you need to be)
- Brilliant staff, although there is, as keeping with places in India, a surfeit of staff
- Professionalism
- In-room espresso machine
- Enjoyable
- Excellent value-for-money

Cons:
- Sometimes slightly pushy staff (encountered in the vegetarian restaurant), but overall the staff were brilliant and attentive
- While checking in, they asked what time I anticipated checking out.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Sofitel-Mumbai-BKC, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Mumbai BKC, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind compliments and we are glad you were able to enjoy a generous service experience at Sofitel Mumbai BKC.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and were pleased with the overall facilities. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

Hotel Manager - Sofitel Mumbai BKC

Been to Sofitel Mumbai BKC? Share your experiences!