“Excellent all round service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Mumbai BKC

You added Sofitel Mumbai BKC to your Saves list
Sofitel Mumbai BKC
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C-57, Bandra Kurla Complex | Bandra East, Mumbai (Bombay) 400 051, India   |
Ranked #5 of 389 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Excellent all round service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just spent 6 days at this fabulous hotel. The location is perfect for business district and within easy reach of the airport. Approximately 1 hr taxi ride or tuk tuk and train journey to Colaba. We were upgraded to a Junior suite was superb with the most comfortable bed. Happened to mention our aniversary on the way from the airport and flowers and cake were brought to our room which a lovely touch. The staff were excellent throughout the hotel, but a special mention to all the staff in the Club lounge who couldn't have been more helpful with everything from travel tips to supplying us with Bollywood DVDs. The indian breakfasts were outstanding (truly memorable dosa). Had dinner at Jyran and Tuskers restaurants - delicious food at both, but the biryani deserves special mention. Excellent spa facilities (recommend the Ayurvedic massage), gym and swimming pool - the only problem with the latter is you realise the hotel is surrounded by huge development in the BKC district. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

Room Tip: Junior suite on the 9th floor excellent
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sofitel-Mumbai-BKC, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Mumbai BKC, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Bonjour Valued Guest,

We thank you for taking valuable time to comment on your recent stay at our property and for choosing Sofitel Mumbai BKC as your accommodation choice.

We are glad to note your positive comments on our hotel facilities, the culinary experience and that the location of the hotel was perfect for you. Your kind words in appreciation of the personalised service provided by our staff are most gratifying and have been passed on to the team. Encouraging words such as yours are truly a great motivation for them.

It was a pleasure for us to be at your service and we look forward to welcoming you again soon at the Sofitel Mumbai BKC.

Hotel Manager - Sofitel Mumbai BKC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Arabic first
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed here recently on my first business trip to Mumbai. It's a fantastic hotel in a lot of respects, although it really depends on where your meetings are likely to be.

Pros:
-- The room was a good size, the bed was comfortable, and the wifi worked great throughout the hotel (good speed, although slightly annoying that you often have to log back in).
-- The restaurants are pretty good for hotel food, and the breakfast buffet was particularly good.
-- The service was uniformly excellent. Staff were always friendly and helpful, and really willing to go the extra mile. For example, one helped me negotiate a deal for a cab driver to take me sightseeing, and I found out later he had made a very good bargain on my behalf in terms of getting a good rate instead of just figuring "Eh, he's a foreigner so it doesn't matter."

Possible cons:
The main one is the location. This really depends on where your meetings will be. Since I was mostly meeting people in the northern areas or in BKC itself, this hotel was extremely convenient. But if most of your business will be in South Bombay, probably better to stay elsewhere. It took me an hour or more to get down there, using the new Sealink bridge, especially during rush hour. This also might not make it ideal for sightseeing, since most of the attractions seem to be concentrated in South Bombay.

Would definitely stay here again if its location fits with my meeting schedule.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback with us and for choosing to stay at the Sofitel Mumbai BKC.

We are glad to note that you had a comfortable stay with us and enjoyed the facilities, food and service levels at the hotel. With regard to your comment on the location of the hotel, Bandra West, which is one of the most popular shopping, entertainment and social hubs of Mumbai, is only 15 minutes away from our hotel, and one of the largest malls in Mumbai – Phoenix Market City, is at a distance of just 10-minute drive. Should you wish to visit any of these places on your future stays with us, please contact our Concierge and they will be happy to assist you.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon to Sofitel Mumbai BKC.

nairobi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Service !Service ! Service ! Beyond excellence ! I am a seasoned traveller, and have tried most 5 star properties in Mumbai and other ctities across the world, I have to say the service we received at Sofitel was amazing, beyond amazing. from check in to travel desk, from the staff at club lounge to the breakfast staff, i found not one instance lacking. they anticipated my needs before i even thought of them, forks magically appearing, fresh juices, coffee was excellent, i was blown away. they catered to our every request always with a smile, and went an extra mile for my mom who had a few food allergies. I would like to thank from the bottom of my heart all the staff who made our stay so special and memorable, especially Naina In Club. thank you and we will definately be back !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Sofitel-Mumbai-BKC, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Mumbai BKC, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay with us and for choosing Sofitel Mumbai BKC as your accommodation choice.

We are glad that you enjoyed the facilities and the service levels at the hotel and have carried back fond memories of your stay at our property. We are committed to consistently provide warm and efficient services to all our guests and appreciative comments such as yours are most encouraging, and will always be our greatest reward. Your kind words will be passed on to our teams particularly to Ms. Naina. This will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

We thank you for your patronage and look forward to having the pleasure of serving you and your family again soon at the Sofitel Mumbai BKC.

Bangalore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed at Sofitel BKC for the first time on a business trip earlier this week. I normally stay at the other hotels in the vicinity. The entire experience - right from check-in to leaving the hotel was top class. The staff attitude, help at check-in, food, and most importantly the in-room experience was wonderful. The bed was one of the best in India. Absolutely loved the free wifi and iPod dock. Wish more hotels would provide these facilities - they don't cost a whole lot, but add a lot to customer happiness.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sofitel-Mumbai-BKC, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Mumbai BKC, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Mumbai BKC as your accommodation choice and for sharing such a wonderful feedback with us.

We are delighted to note that you have had an enjoyable stay with us and your recognition of our staff, in-room facilities, Food & Beverage and other services are appreciated by all of us. It is our constant endeavour to offer our discerning guests, luxury experiences through our commitment to quality service.

We thank you for your patronage and hope that Sofitel Mumbai BKC continues to remain your preferred hotel on all your future visits to Mumbai.

Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

It is the most ideally located hotel in the heart of the city and a very peace full location away from the traffic and noise pollution and still in the city.The service and staff are excellent.Though did not spend much time in the hotel but the property is worth the money spent.Definitely would love to come again and the hospitality.

Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor and for choosing to stay at Sofitel Mumbai BKC.

My team and I are very pleased to read your appreciative comments in praise of the property and the service provided by our staff. Every effort has been made to ensure that world-class facilities and comforts are offered to our guests at all times.

We eagerly await the opportunity of welcoming you and your family once again to Sofitel Mumbai BKC.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This was my first "Sofitel" experience anywhere and I wasn't disappointed. The hotel is very sleek indeed and the exteriors, lobby are as good as they can be (for a similar property) anywhere in the world. I had booked two rooms (both prepaid) and I must add that I had quite a few options (Westin, Taj Land's End etc.)when it came to choosing my hotel in Mumbai but what sealed the deal was when I spoke to the Assistant Front office Manager-Mr. Parag. I had been calling from Melbourne to book my stay and after I spoke to Mr. Parag, his courteous and professional manner on the phone convinced me to go and book with this hotel. The reservations staff were amazing too with my queries and of course all this was pre-arrival. I arrived very late (just past midnight) at the property and luckily Parag himself was on duty, so check-in was very swift. I had booked a Luxury Room type with access to the Club Lounge and the rooms were very comfortable and just what I had expected from an Accor Luxury hotel. The best part is that Club Lounge on the 14th floor is 24 hours (have never experienced this anywhere else). Really well thought out as it ensures late night arrivals can at least have a drink before retiring. And Mr. Akshaye in Club Lounge is one of the most professional and nicest staff that I have ever come across in a hotel!!! His hospitality skills and manners were impeccable and he happened to serve us on all 3 mornings of our stay for breakfast. He's what one would class as an A++ employee of the hotel. The most impressing part of his service was that he was very genuine and had a lot of time for his guests. Very impressive indeed-the kind of service that can make a difference of weather the guest leaves with a 7/10 impression or a 9+ impression (as in my case). When I do travel to Mumbai (which I would be), would be coming back to Sofitel without any doubt. Also, must add that being located in Bandra Kurla Complex is very convenient as it's almost central from the suburbs like Andheri etc. Thanks guys!

Room Tip: Book any room type but upgrade yourself (at an extra cost) so that you can access the 24 Hour Club L...
Bonjour Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with Sofitel Mumbai BKC during your recent visit to Mumbai and for sharing your appreciation with us. It is most heartening to read that our guests value the hotel facilities, the attentiveness of our staff and their efforts to provide excellent service.

Your kind words have been passed on to our teams and particularly to Parag and Akshaye who made your stay a pleasant one. This will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you and your family again soon to Sofitel Mumbai BKC.

Hotel Manager - Sofitel Mumbai BKC

Been to Sofitel Mumbai BKC? Share your experiences!