“Great expectations....fell just short.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Punjab Grill

Punjab Grill
Palladium Mall, 17, Level 3, High Street Phoenix, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel | High Street Phoenix, Lower parel, Mumbai (Bombay) 400013, India
+91 22 4347 3980
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #371 of 11,007 Restaurants in Mumbai (Bombay)
Cuisines: Indian, Grill, Pacific Rim
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Great expectations....fell just short.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Jiggs Kalra and I go back a long time. No, I don't know the man personally. My mother bought a cookery book in the 70's that had recipes of a young and upcoming chef, J. Inder Singh Kalra. The same man later soared the heights of fame and went on to be known as Jiggs Kalra. I learnt to cook from the same very book. Be it Moge Wala Kukkad or Meat Beli Ram. When I got to know that my culinary guru has gone ahead and opened a restaurant called the Punjab Grill, I could not contain my excitement. So, finally I visited the place with my wife about two months back.

So, the food came, I tasted it, and honestly...was a little disappointed. Why..? Maybe, the expectation was too high. Maybe I was expecting to have the best meal of my life. I don't know. But all I know is that somewhere, I was not satisfied.
Does that mean this place is not good..? Definitely not. It is worth a shot at least once. I sure hope you will have a better experience than me.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“If only I could give countless stars :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Punjab Grill by Jiggs Kalra is amazing to say the least. It is a haven for non-veg and fish lovers. I had taken my one of the clients to this restaurant and they were mesmerized by the ambience and quality of its food.

Do try the Salmon (has a typical fishy taste) and Pomfret in starters and for vegetarians like me one can gorge on the succulent and tender Paneer tikkas made in clay ovens (Tandoor).

The prices are a bit on the expensive side however, the trip is worth of every penny spent!! I have been there quite a lot of times and in fact we were one of the first visitors during the week Punjab Grill opened in Mumbai.

They give a mouth freshener at the end of your meal which is made up of betelnut leaves (paan) and is just amazing. My wife and I love this and the small glass is just isn't enough.

Do give it a try and I am sure you wouldn't regret. You know noe the place where to go to satiate your hunger when you are near JVPD Scheme or Parel.

Visited March 2013
“Pathetic Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Fine dining customer service goes above and beyond but it was completely the opposite here. Visited this place with my family. No one seems to be interested in serving you here. Each time you needed something you had to call for it and by then it arrived one would lose their appetite.

Despite complaining to the restaurant manager about the bitter experience he was unapologetic and not all concerned.

If you have guest and wish to be a good host I strongly advice do not visit this place.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Review of Punjab Grill at R-City Mall, Ghatkopar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Punjab Grill has a nice ambience(Indian Classical music and Fusion Music we enjoyed). The Service was quick and helpful.
The Food portions were big enough. However, the variety in Veg. food is quite limited. Also, the accompaniments (like Pickle)
were served only after we ordered them specifically.
The Food can be said as Good. The mocktails were excellent. The Paan Shots served at the end are simply delicious.
Recommended for a special occasion visit.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great Food & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Have visited the restaurant a couple of times and have never been disappointed. The food is amazing and the service is very good. Besides the taste, the quantity offered is really good. The ambience is pleasant and is worth every rupee.

• Visited December 2013