“No frills hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Mumbai Airport

You added Ibis Mumbai Airport to your Saves list
Ibis Mumbai Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Plot No F 77 Ville Parle East | Junction of Nehru Road, Western Express Highway, Mumbai (Bombay) 400099, India   |
Special Offer
WEEKEND ESCAPE
Ranked #93 of 389 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Vadodara, India
“No frills hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Bang next to the domestic airport , very business like hotel.
Efficient wifi
Rooms are clean with bathrooms being small although the shower cubicle was fine. Don't take the room facing the road as you will be harassed with the all night traffic noise. Air on works well. Dinner buffet us ordinary. You get a free transfer to the airport which is good as no cab would take you. All in all a good value if you are staying over night vand catching early morning flights

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Rohan S, General Manager at Ibis Mumbai Airport, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at ibis Mumbai Airport. It was a pleasure having you with us and we truly appreciate your feedback on rooms and location of the hotel.

With regards to the noise, all our rooms have triple glazing, thus making them sound-proof from highway noise. We have taken a note of your feedback and let me personally assure you that we are working on a long term solution of this problem.

I have also noted your feedback on spread of dinner buffet. I am sorry that it did not meet your expectations; we will try our utmost to make the changes and meet your satisfaction.

Once again, your feedback truly helps us in our continued efforts to deliver the exemplary ibis hospitality. My team and I sincerely hope that you will grant us another opportunity in the future to welcome you back to ibis Mumbai Airport.

Rohan Sable

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights, 5 days with my wife. Was attending a conference and had some other meetings. Overall a great experience.

Positives:
- Very courteous staff
- Food was AMAZING! (Wasn't expecting this at all, but the buffets were really good given the decent price)
- Rooms were clean and neat.
- Nearby to the airport
- Very nice lobby to work and relax.

Negatives
- Bathrooms were smaller than expected
- Nothing useful in the nearby location, nearest train station is 15-minute walk
- A default booking (which i did) DOESN'T include breakfast buffet, which was not acceptable to me. Breakfast buffets are usually inclusive when you do a basic booking, but this was fine print and I only realized this when I checked in. So make sure your booking includes breakfast buffet.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at ibis Mumbai Airport, thank you very much for sharing your experience on Trip advisor.

It is very rewarding for the team to realize that their warm hospitality and efficient service highlighted your stay experience. Our Food and Beverage team truly appreciate your compliments.

We hope to see you again in the future and to once again extending our warm ibis hospitality experience to you and your wife.

Ithaca NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My rating reflects the bed comfort and does not signify that it is 5 star luxury etc!
This is a very good, relatively new, budget hotel, but do not expect frills. The rooms are small, with a wooden floor, but have a desk, TV and free wi-fi. The bed was excellent and very comfortable. The bathroom is an entire prefab unit installed in the corner of the room, but quite functional. There is a small common area near the reception with a basic couch and chairs. The hotel is near the domestic air terminal and about a half hour from the international terminal. The hotel provided flawless pickup at international and drop off at domestic. A great place to crash for the night on arrival from abroad. I left on another flight before breakfast. (I am informed by an Indian colleague that the price is a bargain for Mumbai).

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review of ibis Mumbai Airport on Trip advisor, we are glad that you enjoyed a wonderful experience with us.

We truly appreciate your generous compliments on the hotel and look forward to further delighting you with the ibis hospitality experience when you next return to Mumbai.

India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have become a regular at the Ibis now after discovering the many pluses of its location - walking distance from the domestic airport, not far from the CBD and a short taxi ride from any form of evening entertainment.

Yes, the rooms are small and the bathroom tiny, but the place is spic and span, the checkin efficient (a little cold though) and they see to it that you are in your room in a jiffy. Dont expect great views from your room, for there are not any, given that the hotel is adjacent to the main high way and next door to more small hotels. However, the noise from the traffic cannot be heard in the room.

The brilliant part is that there is a food offer that is well positioned between the limited and boring choice that many hotels of this type offer you and the highly experimental cuisine offered by the folks in full service. The restaurant is good both for a snack and a meal.

It is the pricing that is a bit of a bother, as you can spend a little (500-1000) more and get into a down town 5 star at a preferential rate.

Other than that, a must stay if you are looking for sheer convenience and a clean room.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two nights on the month of Feb – 13. Very close to the airport.

The airport pickup – I though somebody will be waiting outside in the greeters area with a name tag or something but could not find. Later on when gave a call to the reception got information that I have to walk towards the pick up area for finding the person. The driver called back and was able to locate the cab. It’s a shared one if any other travelers are there to the same hotel. Budget starts from there. But clean and a good cab with IBIS logo on it. So easily identifiable. Driver was very friendly and was helpful with the luggage.

On arriving the hotel pretty good security in place which is impressive. Lift requires a room key to function. Check in was smooth as I provided them the booking number. Remember budget number 2. This is a self service hotel. So if you have two bags or three bags you will have to carry by all your own to your room. But still its not that much tough to find out your room.

Rooms are small but okay for a 1 or two person. The bed was very comfortable especially the pillow was so soft. Really a good option taken by the hotel management. I had a very good sleep for the two nights.

Complimentary coffee and tea was provided. Good one which we may not be able to find in some budget hotels. Mini bar is empty. So bring your own mini bar if you want or else use the bar which they have one located downstairs. But just opposite to the reception so that all can see what you are drinking if you are not worried about any privacy. But its good that we can see who are coming and who are going…Joking..

Bathroom is small. Very less amenities provided. Shower gel was almost finished. Luckily I carry some of these with me when I travel. DID MY BATHROOM HAD A LOCK?? Really I don’t think so… Quite scary if you are staying with somebody else.

Buffet breakfast is provided by the hotel complimentary - A good one with some good choice of menu items.

Checkout took only about 20 seconds I believe as my amount was deducted already from the card. So quite impressive. They got a luggage storage room so no need to worry if you have got an after noon flight and got some job to do. Check out time is 12:00 Noon

I simple the stay in IBIS was a good one keeping in mind budget hotel.

Beware of the taxis waiting outside. They can charge you double the amount. The Cool cabs guys. Blue color. So don’t fall into their hands. The hotel people will give you information about the approximate distance to your location and try to get the black taxi or an auto as they run on meter which is very cheap but only one thing no A/C. You can easily get one from outside. If you are dare enough to use the train there is a train station located 3 kms away from the hotel – VILLE PARLE. By Auto 28 INR only. Less than a dollar.

SO BEST OF LUCK. – A GOOD BUDGET HOTEL. NEAT AND CLEAN

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Rohan S, General Manager at Ibis Mumbai Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Mr. Kumar,

Thank you for taking the time to write about the ibis Mumbai Airport on the world’s favorite review site, www.tripadvisor.com. We are happy to be reviewed by a senior contributor/reviewer like yourself.

I am delighted to know that you liked the ibis bed and had a good sleep for 02 nights at ibis Mumbai Airport. I have carefully noted your feedback on the bathroom door lock.

I have passed your compliments to our team at reception, the hotel driver and the security at the property and they were delighted to listen to your feedback.

Your comment on the shower gel is well noted and discussed with the relevant department head. Please rest assured that I will look into the points you have highlighted in order to ensure that we meet the requirements and expectations of today's business travellers. We are also working on making our bar more cozy and private; you can see some of these changes during your next visit to ibis.

Please do let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future, and I would very much appreciate if you give us another opportunity to ensure that we can create a near perfect stay at ibis Mumbai Airport on your next visit.

Looking forward to personally welcoming you and having my team create joyful memories and warm service on your next stay with us. You can e-mail me on h6367-gm@accor.com to share feedback or make your reservation.

Jalandhar, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

very little space in room no ammenites in room , good location is only advantage for this hotel, no room service & quality of food was good as i only had breakfast there taxis available at hotels are too expensive and above all they charge parking for even staying passengers thats preety odd

Dear Mr. Singh,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay at ibis Mumbai Airport through www.tripadvisor.com

ibis hotels offers a standardized product across 900 hotels worldwide. Rooms are designed after extensive market research and for maximum comfort and functionality keeping in mind the value proposition.

We have taken your feedback on in-room food delivery and I am glad to share with you that we are working on revamping our offerings.

With regards to the car parking charges, we do levy a nominal charge for parking to ensure comfort of parking and safety of the cars at the hotel.

We hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.

Rohan Sable

Been to Ibis Mumbai Airport? Share your experiences!