“Perfect transit hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Mumbai Airport

You added Ibis Mumbai Airport to your Saves list
Ibis Mumbai Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Plot No F 77 Ville Parle East | Junction of Nehru Road, Western Express Highway, Mumbai (Bombay) 400099, India   |
Special Offer
Business Plus Offer
Ranked #95 of 396 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Perfect transit hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

Ideally located just hop-skip-jump from Mumbai domestic airport.
Perfect hotel during transit .

This hotel had just commenced its operations when i stayed in Feb 2011,
hence was apprehensive to face the teething startup issues
but to my surprise most of the amenities & service was fully operational ,
as per IBIS standards.

IBIS be it pune,mumbai or munich,has the same look ,feel,decor & ambeince .
So can almost walk into any of the chain & know what to expect.
Same with this branch- clean,value for money amenities .Still my complaints
to provide basic amenities like toothpaste .

Their modular bathroom design needs a relook,as i have faced the water draining issues
in mnay of their locations & can wet the whole tiny bathroom floor.

The staff were totally new & still ramping up on the job.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

Lovely business hotel with a great restaurant.....Ibis Mumbai excels the same standards maintained by Ibis Hotels globally....Close to airport, Clean rooms and a comfortable bed....Fantastic pricing compared to other hotels in Mumbai.....Will be a regular for all my business trips

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
NitinBhatia, General Manager at Ibis Mumbai Airport, responded to this review, May 27, 2011
Dear Guest

I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found the hotel good value for money. ibis is dedicated to providing guests an excellent product and service at affordable prices and my team and I look forward to welcoming you to ibis Mumbai during your next visit to Mumbai.

Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

This was my first time at the Ibis, Mumbai and I was delightfully surprised seeing the rooms, the service and the location is just brilliant if you have work in and around Bandra and Andheri. The rooms were functional and very, very quiet considering that the flyover is right next to you. I arrived early and they were kind enough to allow me to check in right away at no extra cost. The rooms are compact and very European in it's approach - great for a single person or a couple; anything more would have been a squeeze. The coffee shop is great and provides a fantastic breakfast and even the dinner buffet was superb.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your valuable feedback and I am delighted that you hear that you had an enjoyable stay and you liked our rooms and Food and beverage product.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you to ibis Mumbai in the near future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

This hotel is perhaps the best value for money in the city. The perfect location further adds to minimizing the travelling time to anyplace in the city.

Its located right outside the domestic airport & about 5 kms from the International Airport, adjacent to the western express highway allowing to reach anyplace in Mumbai by fastest possible means without getting into maddening traffic on other connecting roads.

The hotel is new and well maintained, gadgets are brand new, ambiance is fresh and cozy, the staff is young, charming, motivated & forthcoming to help out with valuable details on the city.

The rooms are well furnished, well maintained, with wooden flooring, comfortable bed and contemporary furniture & bathrrom. A breathtaking, quite view of the dynamic city, busy highway and the busy airport adds to the relative comfort inside the room.

The restaurant is one of the highlights offering a range on buffet as well as ala carte.

Hope it continues maintaining a good standard of comfort and remaining a good value for money. Its a perfect solution for business/singles/couple travelers to stay in Mumbai.

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and found the product and service "perfect"

ibis is dedicated to consistently providing guests with an excellent product at affordable rates and my team and I look forward to welcoming you to ibis Mumbai in the near future.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

Loved my stay at the new Ibis in mumbai!!! What I liked most was the service...Since I was traveling with my baby, the staff was extremely understanding and empathetic and did their best to help out as much they could!! I also loved the food and have been recommending friends in mumbai to go have a meal there!
BEST - At 3 in the morning, the hotel helped me feed my cranky baby, entertained him while whipping up a super meal for me! Something I've often had problems with at other places!
WORST - Can't think of much, but yes, there was mould on the corridor walls and I had to be careful to make sure my baby stayed away from it!

Room Tip: All/any rooms seemed great!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing ibis Mumbai and I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We offer 24/7 Food and Beverage services and I'm happy to hear that you were able to get a satisfying meal at 3 AM. Thank you for also pointing out the mould in the corridor and I would like to assure you that corrective action is being taken to rectify the problem.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you to ibis Mumbai in the near future.

Frankfurt, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

Ibis Mumbai Domestic Airport keeps up the standards which I have come to expect after staying in many Ibis Hotels in Europe. The hotel is ideally located with a free shuttle service (on request), within walking distance from the Mumbai Domestic Airport. While this is very convenient for the Business Traveller, the leisure traveller might not be that impressed with its surroundings. It is located right next to a highway and the Power Generator (that they use in case of power cuts which are frequent in India) is also located right outside the main entrance. Both these creates a lot of noise and you can just not stay outside for too long as it is unbearable. I have visited some Ibises which have beautiful gardens and sitting places outside. This was a little disappointing.

But once inside the hotel you have nothing to complain about. The reception staff are very friendly and the checkin process is quite swift. The rooms are properly air conditioned to beat the Mumbai heat during the summer. Makes you wish you didnt have to go out in the heat. There is a restaurant which has tasty Indian food and also the service is excellent. There is also a bar in the lobby area but it is mostly like an attached bar to the hotel. You can order drinks from the bar and sit and drink in the lobby area. As it is an Ibis, it is expected that there is no frills like swimming pool, spa, etc.

The hotel location is little far from the major sights and it is a little expensive to get around. As in most places in India, taxis outside good hotels charge you a bomb to take you to the places. It is better to go a little far from the hotel and get a passing taxi. Recommendation is to avoid taxi stands near the airport as they have fixed rates to all sights. And these fixed rates are 2 to 2.5 times the normal rates. There is no arguing with these taxiwallahs as every taxi in that stand will charge you the same.

I would probably stay here again on a business trip rather than on a leisure trip as the hotel is no frills and I want to enjoy more on a normal leisure trip. But I wont fault the hotel in any way as it is expected of an Ibis. Great Room, Great Food, and all in all a Great Stay.

• Stayed April 2011
NitinBhatia, General Manager at Ibis Mumbai Airport, responded to this review, May 12, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback and we are delighted that you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you also for commending the friendliness of my team.
All our rooms have triple glazing, thus making them sound-proof from highway noise, please accept my apologies in this instance due to the unforseen generator noise.
The hotel also offers a chauffeur driven car rental service at competitive prices and during your next stay you may wish to consider renting a car via the reception desk.
Once again thank you for your valuable feedback and my team and I look forward to welcoming you again to ibis Mumbai Airport.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

I stayed for one night for business due to it's proximity to the airport. I have stayed at ibis worldwide so knew what to expect. But the ibis Mumbai hotel blew me away, this is far far better than the ibis hotels you find in Europe. It is an economy brand though so don't expect the luxuries of a bell boy, concierge, bath amenities, pool, spa etc. But who uses a pool whilst on business anyway?? The short comings were made up by the excellent and friendly service, great food and drink ( very reasonably priced, I must add). There was free Internet for guests in the lobby so I checked my email whilst I waited for my meal. In the room, there was wifi (chargeable) but it was super fast. The room was clean, completely sound proof and I could even see aircrafts take off from my window. I appreciated the eye catching shuttle from and to the domestic airport and as a single female traveller I felt safe in the hotel and around the area. Will definitely return if work brings me to Mumbai.

Room Tip: Front facing room as high as possible
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive feedback and my team and I are delighted that you have a comfortable stay with us. Furthermore, I am glad that you felt secure in and around the hotel. Security and safety of our guests is of prime importance and we are consistently trying to make sure that our guests feel safe in the hotel's environment.
My team and I look forward to welcoming you to ibis Mumbai and once again thank you for your feedback.
Nitin Bhatia

Been to Ibis Mumbai Airport? Share your experiences!