“Great tour from Vasu (guide) and Kuldeep (driver)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Namaste City Tour

Namaste City Tour
204, Auto Commerce House | Next to Kennedy Bridge, Nana Chowk, Mumbai (Bombay) 400 007, India
9820954856
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 188 Activities in Mumbai (Bombay)
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator
Brooklyn, New York
“Great tour from Vasu (guide) and Kuldeep (driver)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We had about 12 hours in Mumbai in transit, and enjoyed a good full day city tour. Driver Kuldeep met us at the airport, on time and very easy to locate each other. He was a lovely companion with good stories while we headed into town to pick up Vasu, our guide. Vasu's tour was very interesting, and he was happy to answer all sorts of general questions about life and languages in India, and not just stick to the tour information.

Although we are independent travelers, we enjoyed Mumbai with this city tour more than if we'd been independently trying to look and get around by ourselves.

At the end of our 8 hour tour, we had several hours before we needed to head to the airport. Vasu and Kuldeep were helpful in finding a place where we could check our bags, and suggesting a fun itinerary for the evening, as well as tips on best way to their airport. Both were warm and helpful.

Frankfurt, Germany
“Best Tourguide in Mumbai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We took a full day guided city tour (by car) of Mumbai with Namaste city tours.

The guide and driver picked us up on time at greene gate and showed us Mumbai's places of interest. The trip can be tailored to your requirements and the guide will let you enough time to take photos.

Our guide - Vasu - was friendly and knowledgeable and spoke excellent English. The driver was also friendly and a very good driver.

Bettina

Montreal
“Namaste City Tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

It happened to be Holi when we were there and so we did a Holi tour in the morning and the city tour in the afternoon. The Holi tour was very nice and the city tour was somewhat short as there was no traffic due to the holiday. We were leaving Mumbai the day of the tour so we asked to be dropped at the airport at the end which was done at no extra charge. This company was the most responsive via email of all of the companies and gave us a package price for the two tours. We were very satisfied with this. The tour guide in the afternoon was very nice and knowledgeable. We would highly recommend dealing with this company.

Visited March 2013
San Francisco, CA
“Late and guide fell asleep!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My family and I arrived on a cruise ship to Mumbai and arranaged a full day tour with Namaste. This was the only port out of 4 stops in India that the driver and guide I arranged were late. The guide picked us up after 8:30am and dropped us off at 3:00pm (6 and a half hours) and I was charged Rs. 5,700 for a "full day tour". I see others only paid Rs. 4,200 based on their posts so make sure you're not overcharged.

I was told that the vehicle would be a Toyota Innova but a Mahindra was what we were transported in. The reason this matters is that Toyota's have seat belts for each passenger. In the Mahindra there were no seat belts in the back seat. So out of my family of 4 only 2 of us had seat belts in the row behind the driver. Given driving conditions in Mumbai I wanted a seat belt available for each member of my family for their safety.

I was also told that the tour could be customized so that we could see the sites I was interested in. I had emailed a couple places I wanted to see and told "do not worry will give you flexible guide who will show more exciting places"

Not so- our guide Cynthia took us to a couple standard sites and then shopping, forcing us to stop by 3 stores. When I wasn't interested in shopping she told me that the tour was over. However, I knew that I had specified a couple additional places and had the email correspondence to prove it. She had the driver do a quick drive by and took a nap in the car while we passed by. We didn't get any explanation of the sites in the afternoon as she fell asleep! She then took us back to the port where she declared the tour was over. When I told her that I had booked a full day tour she said the reason the tour wasn't longer was because I didn't want to go shopping... this was not what I expected. The tour was 6 and a half hours including an hour stop for lunch and half hour of "shopping" I didn't want to do...

Visited April 2013
namastecitytour, Owner at Namaste City Tour, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Hello

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during the tour . We just wanted to clarify on the following points

Time Delay - We are sorry for this that though the time of tour was 8.30 am, the guide came late at 8.40 am

Type of Vehicle - We apologise that we sent a Mahindra vehicle. However the seat belts were under the back seat as some people get irritated with seatbelts. You should simply asked the driver that you would like to wear seat betls.

Guide - We had given all instructions to her but she didnt follow them. We apologise for the same. We have reprimanded the guide and we will see that she will never go for any of our tours.

Price - Price that you felt that we charged cheaper for another person in the other tour was for one person only and he had used a smaller vehicle. We don't discriminate in pricing for the same number of people and the same type of tour. Moreover the other person had taken a regular while your tour was customized. However we agree that the guide did not deliver as we promised and we apologise for that.

Thanks

Namaste City Tour.
Duisburg
“Half Day City Tour mumbai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We arrived at mumbai via Cruise ship. The ship was delayed, but the driver and our guide vasu were Waiting at Green Gate for us. Then we made a City Tour with Most Attractions of mumbai.
Vasu gave us Good overview to mumbai, the Town, Religion and Culture. Also our Personal Interests were considered. Vasu Told us Many interesting Details in a Professional way While
The driver made a Save Tour through mumbai. We Saw railway Station, Crawford market, a Jain Temple, hanging gardens, Gandhi House, Gateway of india, a Visit to an Open air laundry .
We can recommend Vasu and the driver to Other visitors of mumbai. We had a excellent Day at mumbai with a unforgetable Tour through the City.