“An Oasis in the Bustle of Mumbai” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Global Fusion

Global Fusion
3rd Floor, Linking Road , Link Square Mall | Link Square Mall, Third Floor, Bandra West, Mumbai (Bombay) 400050, India
022-42633000
Improve this listing
Ranked #60 of 9,675 Restaurants in Mumbai (Bombay)
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Late Night, Reservations
Adelaide, Australia
“An Oasis in the Bustle of Mumbai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The range of the cuisine was amazing - Japanese, Indian, Malaysian and others we didn't get to. The presentation of the food was superb and the service firendly and prompt. To top it off the cost was very reasonable. Well worth a visit.

Visited October 2012

Pune, India
“Will go there again & again & again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Ambience- amazing. Very beautiful!
Food- Very Good value for money. The starters are especially something to look out for. Even the cold buffet is nice. The main course and dessert were good but not great. You tend to fill your self with the startes so the main course does not matter. You can keep a little space in your tummy for the Baskin Robin ice crean at the end.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Amazing variety and ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Good value for money. The starters are especially something to look out for. Also like the Baskin Robbins desserts counter.

Visited October 2012
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Definitely worth a visit!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Pls note: This review is for Sunday Brunch.

I had heard of this place for it's amazing buffet spread and it surely lived up to the reputation! The place has an expansive and delectable spread.

Tip: Do NOT go to this place if you don't have time on your hands. This is THE PLACE to linger.

As soon as you walk-in, the sheer size of this place will hit you. It's huge! More like a Pan- Asian food court than a restaurant and the food compliments that, even though am not a fan of food courts!

To be fair, I went to this place for the Sunday Brunch, which am sure has it's downside i.e: it is full-to-the-brim and more! So this day, the ambiance is buzzing, just like a food- court. I realized there was music after an hour- towards end of lunch, when a lot of people had left.

If you are a 'dumpling-lover' like me, you would go absolutely crazy over the variety of them here...I tried almost all and they did not disappoint even though, personally, sea-food doesn't taste quite as good in dumplings!

Since we are picky- eaters, we carefully picked our appetizers but you might wanna try them all. Some of the sea-- food tasted a bit too 'Chinese' for (my) Indian palate. The little chicken platters (I obviously can't remember the names!) were quite good and go well with beer.

Sushi is not our thing but we did try some at the recommendation of the chef and I have to say, it dint taste as bad!

The main course is a bit of disappointment but I suspect that might be because they don't expect many people to reach there! For Sunday Brunch, most of the non- veg main course was dry and was scarcely different from the starters but the veg Thai-curry was delectable.

The spread of dessert was pretty good with a variety of bite- sized desserts which are quite good- we tried them all! But the dessert- clinchers were the brownies and the Baskin Robbins counter!

The service could have been better but I heard their Sunday brunches are the busiest time of the week so not bad! It's just that our idea of Sunday brunch is top-class table service and not a food- court- like atmosphere...

I called to book a 'good- table' before going but what I got was a between-aisle seating which is far from good! The experience might be a tad better if I had a better table.

To conclude...

If you want your money's worth, reach on time! Though I wish they had an alcohol buffet as well...

Food: 4/5 (main-course is the only draw-back)
Service: 2.5/5
Ambiance: 2/5

Psst: Would be visiting on a weekday soon and updating here.

Visited September 2012
Navi Mumbai, India
“Worth every bite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

What better way is there than to spend a lazy dinner eating authentic unlimited finger food from every part of the world?
I had heard a lot about Global Fusion and I did think that it was overtly expensive when I heard the price per person. It is located in the same builiding as Theobroma on the1st or 2nd floor in Bandran Link Road. I had already visited barbeque nation and thought this one would be strictly okay. I was in for a treat. For starters,the starter menu was exhaustive!!!!!
I like the fact that the owner thought it would be better to curb the rice and noodles and invest in scrumptious, juicy starters and rolls and live counters.
So you get yourself a table, on ur table u will find tags with ur table no. on them. Take a walk around,carry your table no.tags along with you, and start piling your plates. The japanese sushi roll menu was exhaustive. My favourite was the shellfish starter. I was surprised to see a lot of Indians eat the real sushi(which is basically raw marinated meat) and enjoy it as well. Someone there told me that I would be alright eating it as long as I did not have any Sulphur allergies. Well, but I didnt try it coz raw meat is still something my mind needs getting used to. However the people around said it was delicious. I walked over to the live counters and placed orders -this is where your table tags come handy. I ordered for Chicken pepper(superb!) mutton chops(double superb!) and squid something(wow!) which the waiters deliver to your table. The salad menu was good but not crazy good coz I guess most people come in hereforthe non veg menu.
They also had garlic bread,prawn fritters and chicken fry which I quickly passed over. There are many restaurants who already offer that.
The main courses were simple. They had a crab teriyaki something which was the best I have tasted so far. Couldnt stop eating them. Then came the desserts... Now am not a big fan of desserts because they are sweet and also because most places like BBQ nation and 4 stars hotels with large long buffest have pathetic excuses for desserts. But not this one. For a change i found myself gorging on them. Good variety, right size and fresh! Not caky or artifically sweet or that chalky after taste that most offer.
I missed the finger bowls here considering there was crab and other finger food. The mojito was bad in every way... too sweet, too leafy and very less alcohol. The food left us full and not horribly bloated which I take as a positive sign indicating quality of ingredients. We finished off well and full. The waiter made a tiny mistake with our bill and was cheesy enough to chase us for 50 rs till the lobby when we had left enough tip to cover that and some more!
The total bill was 2500/- for two meals and 1 mojito. For Tuedsday nightthe place was full. So my advicewould be to avoid it on the weekends. Ambience is great. Didnt see any kiddie chairs, so be sure to get a cushion or a pram for the baby to sleep in. All in all -a must visit for a long liesurely dinner.

• Visited October 2012