We stayed at the Novotel Juhu Beach for three nights and were very pleased with our stay. This was the first of the hotels we stayed at during a 2 week, 5 city journey through India, so it was great to get our trip off to a good start at this hotel. It was as good as any hotel we'd come to expect in countries such as Australia, England or the USA. It was a late night arrival for us, we were able to get a great rest once we arrived after a long flight.
+ Fantastic breakfast and great service. Such a good variety of American buffet style/Indian/Continental breakfast. They were also very nice to let us take away fruits/muffins for the rest of the day. The waiters at breakfast were very friendly towards the guests which made for a pleasant start to the day. It was also a nice setting with the pool area nearby.
+ We had a good room, reasonable sized and the bathroom was good. The standard of what you would expect at a Novotel was maintained here. Very clean and a good place to come back to after the non stop activity of Mumbai.
+ We found the concierge desk quite helpful, more than willing to help us make bookings at nearby restaurants, make calls and accept deliveries on our behalf.
+ There were a couple of internet machines downstairs, which were available to be used for free by guests (although not available during the last 20 minutes on our way out).
+ Location close to the homes of a number of Bollywood stars, which was a nice little bonus for those who are interested in Bollywood film. As an additional tip, the nearby JW Marriott (about 200 rupee cab ride) is well known to be frequented by Bollywood film stars. We were lucky enough to catch one of them in one of the JW Marriott restaurants there during our stay there!
+ It was also fantastic to be so close to the Juhu beach. It was so nice to go for a walk along the beach before breakfast. We were able to see people playing cricket, swimming and we even saw a few cultural rituals being performed.
- There was a little bit of traffic noise that we could hear from our room, but I don't think this is unusual for Mumbai and it certainly never stopped us from getting a good rest.
- Wireless internet was not free, nor was it available in the lobby for free as it is in other hotels.
- Outside our window we saw all sorts of things, including rubbish in the nearby water and other confronting sites of Mumbai, this is more of a commentary on Mumbai than the Novotel.
We were fortunate to have a car and a driver organised which was great to get us around, so we aren't able to give hints or tips about the public transport from the hotel. However, taxis are readily available, and from what we could tell, they run by the meter.
We would definitely stay again at the Novotel should we return to Mumbai.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Through a consistent top quality offer, Novotel contributes to the well-being of business and leisure travelers alike: spacious rooms with flexible features adapted to both work and relaxation, a balanced choice of food and beverages available around the clock, meeting rooms, friendly, attentive staff, children's play areas, fitness centers and places to relax. With a gorgeous view of the Arabian Sea and located in the cultural capital of Mumbai, next to the business hub, the hotel's location is idyllic! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, ACCOR, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotel.de, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)