“Best dinner in Bombay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Konkan Cafe

Konkan Cafe
90 Lobby Level | Vivanta By Taj President Hotel, Cuffe Parade, Mumbai (Bombay) 400005, India
+91 22 25665 0808
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 11,007 Restaurants in Mumbai (Bombay)
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
bucharest
“Best dinner in Bombay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

And not only because of the food, but mainly because of Prakash, the man which David Cameron or any other prime minister in the world would love to have as a councilor. Wise, kind, generous, knowledgeable, modest, the man is the real treasure of Bombay.
When you go to Konkan Cafe prey to be served by the moustached 50 years old waiter.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bangalore
“Great food of the Coast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

If you are in Mumbai and want to enjoy real and authentic coastal food of Konkan region, this is the place which serves you the authentic option to relish and enjoy.

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Wow. Exceeded expectations (and I'm fussy!) ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Wonderful from start to finish! Didn't expect this to be inside a hotel, but the experience was none the less authentic. The service was some of the best we received in India- Ram and Chanika couldn't do enough for us and were very knowledgable. The food was of an amazing standard and we were very impressed with their responsible fishing policy. Would return in an instant.

Benoni, Gauteng, South Africa
“the best south indian food in Mumbai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

THE TWO MEALS WE HAD HERE WAS MY BEST IN INDIA !

We were served by Saajan and he was amazing , his knowledge of the food and the south of india was fantastic we felt welcome and at home .

Konkan's cocktails are fantastic especially the Pan shot we got at the end of the meal
Staff are innovative and passionate about service and cusine and cocktails
I loved the Décor , I loves how inventive you all are , espeacially the birthday song
my favourite meal here was the pomfret because it was scrumptious

my favourite restaurant in India , we loved it so much we ate here on two consecutive nights

well done Konkan and Vivanta and thank you to Saajan

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chennai (Madras), India
“Great dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

In Bombay on work, I stayed at the Taj President, which boasts some very fine restaurants. The cheerfully interesting mural on the wall near reception swung my choice to Konkan Cafe over the well-known Thai and Italian Restaurants which the hotel boasts of. I ended up eating here on both evenings of my stay.

It was tough choosing from the menu which listed a variety of coastal dishes, and I zeroed in on super crab dish and some very tasty prawns with Malabar parotta To say that I enjoyed the meal, would be an understatement. The next evening I wanted to try the “Komdi Wada” , which the local “experts” with me insisted was best enjoyed in the roadside joints in Bombay. Ignoring their sage advice, I went ahead and ordered and I was not disappointed. It was excellent.

The ambiance is just fine and the service was as excellent as one would expect in a Taj hotel.

The meetha pan embellished with a cherry was the perfect end to a fine meal.

I can’t wait to go back !

• Visited November 2013