“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tunga Regale

Save Saved
You added Tunga Regale to your Saves list
Tunga Regale
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Plot No 31 MIDC Central Road, Mumbai (Bombay) 400093, India   |
Ranked #59 of 364 hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Quebec City, Canada
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I organized trade mission in may 2011 and 2012 with 20 canadian companies and we stayed in Tunga Regale both years. Their service and hospitality are wonderful and we felt like we are at home. The room was clean and very comfortable. The staff was attentionned and it's really appreciate when you are in India for the first time. The hotel is far of south of Mumbai but they are a lot of restaurant on the street. Also, the restaurant of Reglae (TAO) is really great. The food was excellent. You can have everything you want near the hotel (restaurants, drugstore, taxi, tuk-tuk, etc.)

I recommand Regale without hesitation for anyone wants a good hotel near the airport in Mumbai! You will not regret your choice!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Front Office Manager at Tunga Regale, responded to this review, June 28, 2012

Warm Greetings from The Regale by Tunga !!

Thank you for choosing The Regale by Tunga once again for your stay in Mumbai and for taking the time for posting your review and rating our hotel.

Thank you for your patronage to our hotel. We appreciate you spending the time to share your experiences with us and shall surely share your kind words with the team. We pride ourselves in offering a personal and instinctive service, and a sensory – rich environment that evokes a feeling of tranquility and well-being, nourishing your soul within a bustling city like Mumbai.

Andheri, Mumbai, INDIA.
ketanamin@tungahotels.com

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Secunderabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

Stay in this hotel is worth the money you actually spend

Rooms are beatufully done with nice interiors. You should for sure try out the Restuarant at the Hotel - Both at the lobby level and also at the terrace. The Food is amazing & Delicious

Provide free airport drop and pick.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
, Front Office Manager at Tunga Regale, responded to this review, June 27, 2012

Warm Greetings from The Regale by Tunga !!

Thank you for choosing The Regale by Tunga for your stay in Mumbai and for taking the time for posting your review and rating our hotel.

Nothing gives us more joy than to know that you had a memorable experience. We are truly honored and inspired by your recommendation, as one of finest hotels in the world.

Your appreciation for our team members is very rewarding, which will go a long way in achieving high standards of service.

Andheri, Mumbai, India
ketanamin@tungahotels.com
Swindon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

I have stayed twice in 2011 with work and on both occasions, all of the staff were ultra helpful and friendly at all hours day or night. The rooms are modern and decorated stylishly and were always clean with decent comfy beds, the food was great (top floor restaurant outside by the pool) and the service faultless.
Transfers from and to the airport were appreciated.

Normal Mumbai noise from the streets at night but far better then previous places I have stayed!

Stayed for work but would return as a tourist if visiting Mumbai again.

Thankyou!

Room Tip: The higher you go, the quieter it gets! :)
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Ketan_Regale, Front Office Manager at Tunga Regale, responded to this review, May 8, 2012

Warm Greetings from The Regale by Tunga !!

We do appreciate hearing from you, as your valuable comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. I am happy to note that the services rendered by Team Regale were to your satisfaction.

I thank you for your kind words of appreciation. Your words of appreciation will go a long way to motivate the entire Team Regale who continues to deliver high level of service to our valued guests.

Andheri, Mumbai.
Email: ketanamin@tungahotels.com
Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is modern and well maintained? Kept clean. Staff very attentive. Taxi rank right outside hotel. Hotel provide free car to and from airport.

Overall good hotel.

• Stayed May 2011
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

My wife had to go Mumbai on a business trip and I accompanied her. We were provided accommodation in this hotel by her company.
Airport pickup was provide and we reached the hotel around 7am. We were told that the Check-In is only at 12 and they provided the refreshment rooms.
As my wife's expenses will be reimbursed, we asked the guy in reception if it is possible to give separate bills for her and for me. He promised us that they will provide separate bills.

We were new to Mumbai. We asked them to provide a cab for my wife to reach her office. They said that they could not arrange a cab as the place is nearby, although we were ready to pay for it. They asked us to hire an auto and nobody bothered to help us out. We wasted lot of time in finding an auto as it was during the peak hours. And, we wasted more time in locating the office.
I dropped my wife and came back to hotel and asked them if they can provide me a room. They said that no rooms are free. I was simply waiting in the reception and it was very difficult to kill time once my laptop ran out of charge. I did not see anyone checking out and I thought no rooms are available. After much boredom, I asked them how long should I wait further. Only then they gave me a room. My guess was that they had rooms but not willing to provide room before the check-in time.
The room was excellent, but the bathtub in the room was not so clean.
Food was ok. Room service was good.
While checking out, there was another guy in the reception and we asked him about the separate bills as promised by the other guy while checking out. As expected, the reply was "Sorry Sir, I'm not aware of the other guy's promise. I cannot give separate bills". Its absolutely fine that they will not give separate bills. But they should not have promised this while checking in. Not a big thing though.
Overall, the rooms are good but could have been cleaner. And, the service could have been better. Ok for a business trip. They can provide cabs (not free of course) or at least they can help people to get some auto.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Warm Greetings from The Regale by Tunga !!

Thank you for thoughtfully sharing your feedback. We have noted your observations on your experience with great concern. It is evident that we did not measure up. May I proffer our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Your review has been taken up with the concerned head of the departments to ensure corrective steps are implemented at the earliest. We are also addressing the issues highlighted with the Head of Training.

Request you to treat this incident in isolation and give us another opportunity to serve you at The Regale by Tunga.

Andheri, Mumbai, INDIA
Email: ketanamin@tungahotels.com
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

For a place like mumabi this hotel is value for money(you need to bargain well).The rooms are spacious and has the modern look.You have gym in case if you want to burn your fat.There is one lounge on the top floor which is been done up nicely.And one restaurant on the ground floor where you get decent food.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Hyderabad, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Out and out business hotel - strictly with no family in view. The rooms are cramped and so is the hotel - which is in heart of the hectic activity at MIDC and SEEPZ in Andheri - and yes you can be confused as there are three Tunga hotels next to each other - this probably the best of the lot.

Rooms except size were nice and modern - Wifi was not in the room rather a desk outside ??

The setup is new and the decor contemrory - so the overall feel is good in the room with
warm shades of blue and grey across. The remotes are tricky and take time to get adjusted to.

Bed is comfy for one - two might be a challenge. The bathroom was big and with equipments - but cleanliness was needed.

Another strange thing - they have a mini bar san any filling , you need to call them to get the stuff - it is all very reasonable.

Used the food at room service as well as the coffee shop - decent sizes, and taste. The morning breakfast was nothing much to talk home about. Service and front desk were good.

Overall - a very functional , strictly business hotel - very efficient, value for money.

Room Tip: Take it away from the roadside.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Tunga Regale? Share your experiences!