“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mirage Hotel

You added Mirage Hotel to your Saves list
Mirage Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner of International Approach Road, Next to Leela,, Mumbai (Bombay) 400059, India   |
Ranked #94 of 396 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Mumbai
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had a good stay at Mirage. convenient location and good amenities. Counter staff was good. Room and room service was good.
Breakfast had a good spread and we enjoyed it but the restaurant staff was not friendly. But over all experience was good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

My partner and I were made to feel like criminals since our last names did not match. One "Mr" Fernandes insisted on playing the "moral police" by saying "unmarried" couples could not stay together. They refused to let us speak to the General Manager or even cancel our booking - saying that they were not refusing us rooms but we had to either prove we were married or from outside Mumbai. When we insisted on cancelling our booking we realised it was all a ploy for money! All travel agents black list this hotel!

Stayed June 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel is throwing it all away by simply not cleaning or housekeeping properly. It's really very dirty both along common corridors where the carpets are not vacuumed or washed, and in the rooms where they have many issues. I pre-booked for 2x2 night stays. I wish I hadn't.

Rooms have stains on the walls, lamps - everywhere! The toilets have dried urine/excrement on the outside and the bed linen is stained with grease marks (or something!). On my first night I had to move rooms as the first was disgusting - after 30 mins of cleaning a second room I decided to stay. The duty manager blamed it on trainee staff.

I arrived tonight for the second stint of 2 nights and I had exactly the same issues in 2 rooms on check-in - on the third room I just gave up and decided I'd check out first thing. Not sure I'll get much sleep tonight thinking about all the grime around me...and those stains on the bed linen - yuk! But it's very very late...two hours earlier and I'd had just walked out.

There are plenty of hotels in the area near the airport and I can't imagine they are anywhere near this soiled. The Mirage is clearly failing to train it's housekeeping and laundry teams but what is really disturbing is that the management cannot see it. Maybe they do not do the usual walk around inspections. Certainly they are not visiting the rooms else you can't avoid seeing the issues.

One more issue is that of road noise. Only the back side of the hotel seems tolerable - the front and sides are quite noisy...

On the positive side the hotel design concept is quite nice and the breakfast is pretty decent. They also have a nice brand concept that is well communicated. Funnily enough, it all looks great on-line; I could load the pictures I've taken of the dirt and stains, but I thought it would gross-out too many people!

Even if this place was offered for free I will not be staying again. I need a shower after checkout...

Room Tip: Best avoid front and side rooms. And bring some cleaning gear!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This place was perfect for my short visit to Andheri. The location is great and the complimentary breakfast was a good touch as well.
Will surely recommend for a short trip.
As the earlier person commented, The front office staff during the morning shift could use a little more livening up.. a smile can take a long way.
Otherwise, the room and service were good.
My only complaint was that My room floor was sticky due poor cleaning.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Gurgaon, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is by far one of the best value for money hotels around the Mumbai airport. the rooms are spacious and the staff is very courteous and forthcoming. Best suited for business travellers looking for a 4 star property.

Room Tip: I always got a good room. I think that's a given.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights during my trip to Mumbai and its was good to stay in hotel mirage as good location very good rooms, stayed in room 221 and 311, first time in my life i have experienced that rooms were cold due to super ac lol else mostly people complain its bad air con and not good cooling, food was good in breakfast, did dinner for 1 night since it was badly rainy cats and dogs so dinner was good at hotel nice quality and taste wise, just one thing i did not liked during my stay in this hotel, zero smile on staff's face, front desk was more of govt office people, without any smile or gesture, helpless staff and zero courtesy, overall service was fine,

Room Tip: choose rooms on 3rd floor they are best
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This hotel is located very near to the Airport and has all the amenities of a 5 star hotel. The service of the hotel is truly amazing so is the food served. The breakfast has a large variety of options to choose from and they also serve good portions of food with a variety to choose from. The rooms look grand, very spacious and comforting. The washrooms are very neat and clean, it has a bathtub and an shower room. I had a great time staying at this place. Anything you need just give a call to the reception and it would be done.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Mirage Hotel? Share your experiences!