Ginger comes across as a budget hotel. They are running a discount till March 2012, which is perfect. The hotel is neat, clean and decently maintained. Rooms are just right in size - not spacious by any standard. BEWARE! The call center says rooms are 220sq ft, but they are just 160sq ft in size.
Personally, I didn't find it worth it if not for the discount.
Other important caveats:
1. There is no bell boy. They however provide luggage trolleys in the parking lot which you can carry to your rooms
2. Restaurant's room service is limited. Eg. You can't order Roti-Sabzi in the rooms. There is a limited menu consisting of rice, sandwiches, beverages and pasta. Neither do you get a ala-carte option for this. Indian food is for buffets only
3. No drinking water service to room. But there is a water filter on every floor where you can refill bottles. You do get a complementary 1L mineral water bottle every day though.
4. Miniature LCD TV - why do you care anyway?
All this said, the staff is very courteous (who in Mysore is not?!) and helpful.
All in all a great place to stay. If you are looking for a decent, reliable, no-frills, comfortable stay in Mysore, don't even try elsewhere.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Ginger Mysore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ginger Mysore Hotel Mysore
- Ginger Hotel Mysore
- Mysore Ginger Hotel