It was highly disappointing stay here!!! They gave us room 212 which was like the last room on the left side of the "palace".
Apart from the grandeur of the exterior & decent location, I can only talk about negatives of this place:
- There is no escalator access to the second floor, need to take staircase. This was quite inconvenient with baby stroller.
- As soon as we enter the room, it smelt of dust. There were some strands of hair, some dirt around the room. Room was not clean.
- The TV is very old CRT. This is alright, but still i would like to mention.
- The balcony was rather dusty, and one can see cracks in the railings of the balcony. The view was also not that great.
- The worst of it was that the wash basin in the bathroom was stinking! There was no strainer & you could get the foul smell as soon as you enter the toilet. We cribbed about it to house keeping. What the guy did was just plug out the strainer from bath-tub & put it to wash basin.
- When i cribbed about the stinking smell, they had quick fix by spraying with room freshener, which just lasted for few hours.
- There was no foot mats provided inside the bathroom.
- The breakfast had very little variety for a 5-star hotel. Perhaps only 5-6 kind of options to chose from.
- Some monkeys had ventured from the open windows, when calling the hotel staff, they reply saying it happens, monkeys come & go, you need to wait till they go. I mean this is quite ridiculous service attitude!
I had gone for a short vacation from Bangalore with my wife & 10 month old kid, hoping to be a royal & memorable experience. Memorable it was, but on the negative side. We wanted to check-out as soon as possible.
For the quality of room & service and the price they charge, you could get much better hotels at city center! I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic Indian-style Hotel, formerly a Maharaja's Palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lalitha Mahal Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lalitha Mahal Palace Mysore
- Mysore Lalitha Mahal Palace