“Good stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of MTR Residency

You added MTR Residency to your Saves list
MTR Residency
2.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   #1459, Opp More Megastore, Near Railway Station | Narayan Shastry Road, Mysore 570001, India   |
Ranked #12 of 105 Mysore B&B and Inns
Cochin
“Good stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed at MTR Residency last week with my family for 2 days (Oct 2nd - 4th, 2013). The first room that we were allotted was not that great, but we were immediately transferred to a better room on request. The amenities provided for the price is pretty neat & I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a clean budget accommodation in Mysore. The place is centrally located, so getting around is a breeze. Having no in-house restaurant does not figure as a negative as there were several restaurants around the street & the staff was ever-willing to get you anything you wanted if at all you needed room service. They were always eager to help - at one point I had to go down to the reception near midnight to fix my emergency travel plans for the next day & they didn't mind being aroused from sleep to help me with suggestions. So, just wanted to say a big thank you to the entire staff of MTR Residency. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning a Mysore getaway - Reema, Cochin

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Nikemannar, General Manager at MTR Residency, responded to this review, October 7, 2013

Greetings of the day from MTR Residency!!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback through our TripAdvisor Website.

We are coming up with our own restaurant very soon, we are always eager to help 24/7.... on whayt ever your request might be, we will try to provide the service to you.

I am happy to personally coordinate your next visit and urge you to write in with any requirement. My team and I look forward to maintaining a long and fruitful association with you.

Nikhil Mannar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Offers a good value for money.Had stayed here for a night with family.Location is good.Near to railway station and other tourist locations are easily accesible via auto.Room service is ok .It doesnt have a restaurant on its own but delivers from a neaby eatery.Rooms are not sound proof and we could hear noises from the corridor all night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nikemannar, General Manager at MTR Residency, responded to this review, October 2, 2013

Greetings of the day from MTR Residency!!

We are coming up with our own restaurant very soon, we believe ours is one of the max space rooms of budget category in Mysore,

All the rooms are engineered such a way maximum privacy and with very less sound can be provided, but if there is any group staying in the hotel, the guest voices may disturb you a bit, but thank you for your feedback we will work on the same to provide you better service.

Bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was having a short trip so searched for a best budget hotel and booked it.I booked through cleartrip.Got 25% off .I booked a non ac double room.I stayed previously at some 3 star hotels but i should not expect it to be that way at that price.Room was spacious with a good bed and lcd tv .Things that were missing
1.A small fridge to keep colddrinks
2.bath towels
3.Soap and toilet papers
4.No restaurant inside hotel.Couldnt order anything to eat.But there is a good restaurant right opposite where I had my lunch

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Greetings of the day from MTR Residency!!

We also Provide bath towels and other basic tolitaries to each and every guest, We also provide room service, we are coming up with our own restaurants to serve you better.

Ghaziabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I was stay in MTR 02 Nights & 03 Days and enjoy my stay.Location is very conventional i.e.Restaurant,Market,Bus Stand,Railway Station,Place,Zoo etc.Rooms are clean.Polite staff & reasonable rates.Yes, MRT will be my first choice for Maysore visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Nikemannar, General Manager at MTR Residency, responded to this review, September 27, 2013

Greetings of the day from MTR Residency!!

We are delighted to know you liked your stay with us. This is the best motivation we can use.

+91-9886660803
Bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had gone for a KTM - 10K run at Srirangapatnam over the 14th Sep weekend. Wanted a basic hotel that was reasonably priced. Found MTR Residency very reasonably priced - I took a single occupancy with clean bed, a good TV with several channels. I had taken a Non-AC room but I did not need an AC as the weather was good. The only caveat was I had an "indian" toilet - so ensure that you have the "right" toilet in your room before booking! There are a handful of Veg. restaurants within walking distance; they also have a room service for food. And they had clean toilets; they are also located near the railway station. They had 3....4 car parking space at the back of the building with a locked gate and security.

Room Tip: Specify whether you need AC or NON-ac, Indian vs western toilet;
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Nikemannar, General Manager at MTR Residency, responded to this review, September 17, 2013

Greetings of the day from MTR Residency!!

We are delighted to know you liked your stay with us.

We have both the categories of rooms which is Indian Toilet and Western Toilet options available, you could have asked the reception to change the room they would have happily changed the room for you, we believe in guest satisfaction.

+91-9886660803
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I totally enjoyed my stay. Its pretty close to railway station and Mysore Palace. Prices are reasonable, hotel rooms & bathrooms are clean.
Staff are very kind and helpful. MTR will be my first choice next time i go to Mysore.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Nikemannar, General Manager at MTR Residency, responded to this review, September 13, 2013

Greetings of the day from MTR Residency!!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback through our Trip Advisor Website.

We are happy that you like the stay and with us, we are coming up with 13 more rooms in to cater more people and the rooms will be super deluxe you can directly compare to 4 star deluxe or 4 star category rooms but at rates will be very reasonable, we are trying to provide you the service by this Diwali.

+91-988 666 0803
Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed for two nights. Far from all attractions and central bus stands. 15 -20 minutes walking distance from Mysore railway station. Ask for More supermarket,else will be difficult to find.Very clean and large double room. Clean toilet and bathroom. Service very quick and efficient. Staff very polite and helpful. Somehow never managed to get hot water for bathing no matter what time Of the day I tried, not a big issue for me though. The local water given for drinking is terrible,so stick to bottled water.Will definitely go back. Overall I enjoyed my stay. Thanks to Cleartrip and MTR.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Nikemannar, General Manager at MTR Residency, responded to this review, September 1, 2013

Greetings of the day from MTR Residency!!

hot water issue - hot water is only provided from morning 5.30am to 11.00am, and if the guest requested we will provide the hot water, for your convince you could have just asked reception to help you out.

Drinking water- we only provide treated RO water for drinking but yes some people dot like the taste of water when they travel so they can use bottled water

Hope to welcome you back soon at MTR Residency Lodge.

Nikhil Mannar

Been to MTR Residency? Share your experiences!