“Nice hotel for a great price” 4 of 5 stars

Fortune JP Palace
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   #3, Abba Rd, Nazarbad, Mysore 570007, India   |
Ranked #2 of 81 Hotels in Mysore
Toronto, Canada
“Nice hotel for a great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

The JP is a solid hotel choice for visitors to Mysore: the staff are attentive, the hotel is clean and the pool (while small) is welcome at the end of a long hot day. There are two restaurants on site - the one downstairs is decent but not spectacular but the upstairs restaurant is excellent (the tandoor cooked meats were incredible).

Travelers with allergies should note that guests are allowed to smoke in their hotel rooms; our room smelled of smoke the entire visit, which bothered us both.

Room Tip: If cigarette smoke odours are an issue, mention it to the staff ahead of time.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice. I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at Fortune JP Palace.

While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, may I assure you that I am investigating the causes for me to personally address. I would additionally request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.

At Fortune JP Palace, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency.

Manoj Kumar Mavi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

stayed for two nights last month just after Christmas. We liked the location as it is very close to the city centre. Got a upgrade to a suite room thanks to the reception team, rooms are well kept neat and clean. Suggest a room with hill view. Wonderful breakfast buffet and enjoyed the Chinese restaurant for Dinner by the poolside specially the Dimsum and Thai curry. Entire staff is always ready to help. If you are travelling to Mysore this has to be the hotel. Thank you team Fortune JP Palace.

• Stayed December 2013
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for sparing the time to post a review of our hotel which goes a long way in maintaining and improving our hotel standards and services. I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with your experience of our services.
I will convey this feedback to my team members.

Mountain View, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

My family (incl. two kids) visiting from Silicon Valley, stayed here for one night. We made our booking based on TripAdvisor reviews, and the hotel surpassed our expectations on every level.

Even before we arrived, the hotel staff were helpful in arranging a car and driver for pick-up and travel in the city. Then, from the moment we pulled into the drive to the time we left, the hotel staff demonstrated an extremely positive and can-do attitude towards our satisfaction and comfort. At the front desk, Priyanka and associate made our check-in smooth. Our room was impeccable and requests to house-keeping were handled promptly. Room service was also quick and efficient.

The breakfast buffet was quite nice and I especially enjoyed the custom omelette and my family enjoyed the dosas.

Overall, this is a great hotel and if we visit Mysore again, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We thank you for sparing the time to post your review of our hotel and are grateful for your appreciation of the staff and our facilities. I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with your experience of our services.

Wiltshire, Uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel beginning of Feb. The bedroom was very comfortable with nice toiletries. We had a deluxe room. Restaurant was good value and all the food we had was tasty including the breakfast which was a buffet style. The waiter in the restaurant called Ken deserves a special mention for his helpfulness and good service.
There is a pool, we didn't use as right in main area of hotel and quite shady but there is also a nice terrace area on the roof which we used in the late afternoons after our sightseeing, offers both shade and sun.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe room with a view over the roofs. Not an issue as we were out sightseeing most of the...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your recent stay and we have met your expectations, feedback like your will also keep the team motivated. We really appreciate this gesture and feedback.

Mysore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in a junior suite. The room was large and comfortable although like much of the hotel it was a little tired and in need of some TLC. The complimentary wi-fi was really appreciated and relatively fast and my husband enjoyed having an on-site gym and pool. Room service was excellent and at no extra charge!!! Breakfast was fine but the big let down was the lack of staff on duty particularly at the weekend resulting in slow service and long waits. We were made to feel very welcome and we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Go for a junior suite at the very least
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this review, February 19, 2014

Bangalore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

it would have been better if they would have provided water bottles in the room, just 1 ltr was not enough for family for a day. Swimming pool could have been better. hotel stay was comfortable and staff was good and suppportive

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this review, February 18, 2014

Manoj Kumar Mavi

Been to Fortune JP Palace? Share your experiences!