“4-star quality at 4-star price” 3 of 5 stars

Fortune JP Palace
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   #3, Abba Rd, Nazarbad, Mysore 570007, India   |
Ranked #2 of 80 hotels in Mysore
Mumbai
“4-star quality at 4-star price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is its location. The front desk was very helpful and courteous and polite, as was the staff in the restaurant during breakfast and lunch. While we paid Rs3500/night, we upgraded to a "Club Room" at an additional Rs1500/night. So, for Rs5000/night the room was just about ok, nothing too expensive, nothing cheap. However, the room was not cleant on one day despite us putting up the sign for it to be cleant up. So in some specific areas the service is slack. But overall, given location and facilities, I'd recommend this place as a nice place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice.

While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, may I assure you that I have investigated the causes for me to personally address.

I would additionally request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.

Warm Regards

385 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Trondheim, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

An excellent hotel with a wonderful roof terrace. Rooms fairly big ( my first stay in India so don't know the typical standard) My room was on 3rd floor and on the back side of the building. If you prefer a nice view ask for a room on the front side and high up although you might have to pay more. Staff very friendly but bar staff obviously not trained and/or experienced - ordering a beer could sometimes take ages. On the other hand 3 restaurants on the premises and they are good all of them The hotel is quite centrally located, but not much to see or do in the imminent neighbourhood - taxi or tuk-tuk advised. Minimalist pool and pool area - don't go for this hotel if you wish to spend time on the poolside. All in all a very good alternative when staying in Mysore.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest,
Looking forward to welcome you again on your next visit to Fortune JP Palace.

Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed at Fortune JP Palace, Mysore, for 2 nights. Rooms are in good condition with very attentive staff. Best part of the stay was the food. Large number of dishes with multiple cuisines. Package we got included 2 times food a day and half-day sightseeing. Location of the hotel is also very ideal to visit other attractions in Mysore. If you are driving from Bangalore, enter Mysore and keep driving straight till you reach a T-junction. Take left there and on the left side is this hotel.

Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Mysore city. I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with your experience of our services and facilities. Your affirmative feedback on our team inspires us to keep doing better to make every guests stay memorable.

Looking forward to pleasure of serving you again on your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was our first trip to mysore and just for a day we chose to stay at this hotel. We booked this through MMT on our way to the city and we found the location of the hotel convenient and close to the market area.
We found the hotel opulent and hospitable. The rooms and the bath were immaculate and very well equipped. We ordered in room service and it was quick. The food quality was very good and pricing moderate. We made a special request for a certain kind of food for our baby which they willingly fulfilled. This hotel stay was part of our 6 day road trip in 6 different cities and we really loved our stay here.
For anyone traveling to Mysore, this hotel is worth staying at.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

At Fortune JP Palace, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Hope to see you back again.

Bangalore, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

If the "Palace" in the name conjures up vision of a large place - where you can walk around when you are out of the room - then you will be dissapointed as I was.

We were two families who stayed here in December 2012 on a weekend trip to Mysore.

Rooms are spacious and good. Staff are courteous but the place is yet to get truly five star in effectiveness of service. The staff did not seem to be able to manage the crowd during the morning breakfast. Requests for dosa / water took much longer than usual.

The quality of Food also has some distance to cover for its being a five star.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the Chamundi hills.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Warm Regards
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed in many hotels in Mysore in past but Fortune JP is the best. This hotel offers excellent service in terms of hospitality , food, cleaniness & awesome interiors. Special Thanks to Ms Priyanka for all time support & understanding. Above all , complete staff is very coopertaive . My duaghet-Shagun enjoyed a lot.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent in terms of interiors. Some rooms have palace view & others have pool vi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Looking forward to pleasure of serving you again on your next visit.

Bangalow, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This was my best exprence with ur hotel after a long time . Hospitality team special miss priyanka is an assect to ur hospitality team who is good in handling guest and there queries with a pleasant smiling face. Will like to advice my friends formstaying there. Thank u priyanka

Room Tip: Good view clube room chamundi hill view room is thenbest
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely review you have made after your stay at our hotel. As part of the ITC chain, we strive to make the guest experience as nice as possible and words such as these encourage us to do more.
Me & my team at Fortune JP Palace looks forward to your next visit to our.

Saravanan Dhanabalu

Been to Fortune JP Palace? Share your experiences!