“Healthy authenticity” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 83 Hotels in Mysore
Le Lavandou, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, France
“Healthy authenticity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Authentic ayurvefic treatments are given there. The medications are made on location and you can visit the large organic garden. Food is simple and vegg. The basic rooms in the main building are very very basic and simple . The center located at the step of mysore sacred chamoundi hill is ex centred and surrounded by fields opposite to the antic lalita place hotel . Very peaceful, serene and quiet place to recover, relax and rejuvenate.

• Stayed June 2012
talavane, Owner at Indus Valley Ayurvedic Centre, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. It is nice to know that you experienced our Authentic Ayurveda treatments and enjoyed the food and stay at IVAC. We look forward to serve you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Davis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Food was awesome - really healthy and delicious. We enjoyed the full body massages. The staff was really nice. The rooms were small, but it is so affordable that it didn't matter. I felt I was getting sick, but the massage and steam treatment made me feel all better by the morning. The atmosphere is relaxing and the grounds are beautiful. Not the most convenient to get downtown, but rickshaws do go up the road every once in a while.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that your stay was worth and massages helped you to enjoy your holidays. We look forward to serve you again.
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My partner and I recently spent an amazingly relaxing week at IVAC enjoying the Ayurvedic treatments. Between the wonderful massages and detox regimens, we were able to enjoy high quality yoga and pranayama classes, reading books from the great IVAC library in the serenity of our cottage patio surrounded by banana trees, swimming in the gorgeous pool, eating delicious and healthy meals, walking around the beautiful grounds enjoying the many flowering trees and plants, meeting with a Vedic astrologer, and more.

As other guests have indicated, IVAC is not run like a hotel, so you should not expect prompt responses from housekeeping staff or efficient concierge-like services from the front desk when planning outings, etc. Since our primary aims were the Ayurvedic treatments and the serenity, however, we were more than satisfied. Can't wait to plan our next trip back!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback.We appreciate your review about IVAC, which almost covers all our services and happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. We will definitely upgrade our services in House-keeping and front desk. We look forward to serve you again.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

As the name suggests the hotel theme was ayurvedic. Based remotely, the hotel ambiance was good. Nice gardening, tress everywhere, outdoor (tennis clay court-OK)and indoor games facilities(carrom, etc). I had opted for a standard room. The room and bathroom both were clean; but both were just too small, but never mind we were just 2 of us. I was surprised there was no TV and although they had put a note that they would provide one on request, they couldn't do so since there was some connection problem.
Its a pure veg hotel and alcoholic drinks are not allowed. The food was hygienic but I think the buffet dinner was just too expensive. I had to pay Rs 400+14% tax for the dinner which I felt was not worth.
Overall I suggest you book a deluxe room and enjoy your meals outside. The massages were paid and a bit expensive, but there is no harm in trying out one.

Room Tip: Overall I suggest you book a deluxe room and enjoy your meals outside. The massages were paid and a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. Happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. We look forward to serve you again. We provide partially organic food, getting organic ingredients is a challenge. As it is a special diet planned by our Ayurvedic Consultants, the varieties are minimal, especially it is recommended to have a light diet during dinner. Benefit of enjoying your holidays at IVAC is; we even take care of your health. In one destination you can have your health and holidays together.
Grenoble
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

As a back up plan, I booked this hotel at the last minute and stayed a night here with my family. To my surprise, I found this hotel far better than my usual stay (Aishwarya Residency) for the service offered for he same price. Let me say this first, I prefer a silent and peaceful stay rather a hectic and busy.
Check in and check out was very fast. Standard rooms are ok and the bathrooms might look very small for Indians (though it is very well usage of each inch space). However, as for as my knowledge after experiencing many European hotels, this is acceptable and very descent.
Hotel has a very large area for spending nice evening or early morning including swimming pool. Be careful with the honey bees and the wasps, my 3 year old son while playing "checkers" got a wasp bite.
I like the small library, which has some spiritual and religious collections including few books in French, Danish and other languages too.
Overall its a nice place to stay and I advise to spend at least couple of days to have a peaceful time.
Last tip: Hotel is far from the city under the foothill of goddess Chamundi, so you need to have a own vehicle or rent a taxi.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that your stay was good. We look forward to serve and treat you again.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

IVAC offered us a very peaceful stay away from the mad rush of city life. It was an excellent, detoxifying, nourishing stay. The food was vegetarian - homegrown and healthy. We stayed for 2 days and really felt refreshed even though the regular aspects --- TV, loud music and non veg food was not available. The ayurvedic treatments were fantastic. The staff was very courteous and helpful. Its a great place to stay if your idea is that of relaxation.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
talavane, Owner at Indus Valley Ayurvedic Centre, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I am travelling to India since 30yrs, I keep coming back to Ayur Vedic Treatments. In Indus Valley I found most traditional Ayurveda. Treatments are excellent. They don`t miss any effort to treat you exclusively. Food is very good, vegetarian an d niceley cooked. I was there for 3 weeks and did not miss anything. I am living in a cottage originally built and I enjoyed it ery much, very comfortable, especially they are all standing with Vastu.
I can highly recommend this place to undertake Ayurveda Treatments.

Room Tip: The Cottagees are all individuelly, and very nicely.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that your stay and treatments were good. We look forward to serve you again. Please be in touch with our doctors for a follow-up and feedback on your health.

Been to Indus Valley Ayurvedic Centre? Share your experiences!