“Average in every way” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Kata Beach, Thailand
“Average in every way”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Ate here several times in Mysore and became ill - typical stomach problems from eating slightly unclean food or food splashed with Indian water. I'm pretty sure it was after breakfast though. Had a yummy dry alu channa and veg biriyani for lunch that I would recommend and probably still go back for a second time... Possibly worth the risk.

Visited September 2013

Bangalore
“Pathetic treatment for tourists!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

TOO MUCH WAITING: The day was 29th June 2013, when we were touring Mysore. I fell for the reviews on Google and went to this restaurant. It was a sunny and we were all dehydrated, at about 1330hrs. We were four and we ordered 3 lemon soda and a Sapota juice (each costing Rs.25) and we started to wait. The waiter took the order and went off. It took nearly 15 mins to get the lemon soda, however, the Sapota shake came much early. When I asked, the waiter got annoyed and told me that it has to come from ground floor and it will take time. We were busy talking about the city and we could tolerate some waiting. PATHETIC LIME SODA: But when the lemon soda came, it was pathetic, no lime in it at all, not salt or pepper. We didn't have much patience left and we told the waiter to get some salt, pepper and lemon and this took another 15 mins by which time the soda was just water. INDIFFERENT MANAGEMENT: When I complained, he said, he has given lemon to add if it was not suiting our taste, his body language said he just doesn't care. I asked him to call the manager and he came in next 5 mins. The server seeming more experienced and aged, was telling the "manger" that we cannot do anything. I told him to drink a soda that their hotel supplies and that I will pay for it if he can drink it. He agreed that the soda is bad. By this time, about 45 minutes had passed and we just wanted to get out of there and hence I asked to get the damn bill, I was ready to pay for the bad soda as well. Our mood was already off and we were very hungry. INCORRECT BILLING: Now the worst part, the bill turns out to be Rs.190 with Masala dosa and some other dish added. I asked him to correct it and that took 5 more minutes and the bill was Rs. 110 (against Rs.100). I was furious now and went to the owner to complain (an old aged person ~70 yrs, all grey hair) sitting at the counter. I told him the story and that the bill, even after I paid for the bad soda, should not be more than Rs.100. For which, the server said, that we ordered "Sapota milk shake" which costs Rs. 35. I showed him the menu which prints the price to be 25. For which he said, we made it specially for you. I was furious now, I placed a Rs.100 note and walked away to save some good mood for the day.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“A Good Place to Eat...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Overall, Indra Cafe's is not a bad place to eat. However, it is crowded most of the times as it is located on a busy road. Those trying it out can taste Mysore Dosa. It is good. Please do not try their chaat items. It is a big let down at this place, especially the masala puri. Otherwise, this place is good.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mysore, India
“founded by enterprising hotelier from north Sri.Badri Prasad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This hotel was founded by enterorebeur from north India, Sri.Badri Prasad, who was a pioneer in the Hotel Industry. Tasty and healthy vegetarian food was the mission of late Sri.Badri jPrasad. He established a chain of lhotels, called Indra Bhavan, Indra Cafe, Indra Vihar Garden Hoel, Indra Bhavan Boarding and Lodging Hotel. He also constructed the present Usah Lexus Hotel, now called Regalis and earlier called Southern Star. But with the passing away of late Badri jPrasad, his dream hotel was sold to a former member of parliament late Basavaraj, who subsequently sold to Usha Lexus people. Badri Prasad needs to be recognised for lhis contribution to Mysore's hospitality industry. Indra Cafe is on the busy Sayaji Rao Road and is now managed by Late Badri Prasad's Grand Son, Rajesh Kumar. It also houses a sweet shop in addition to restaurant.

Visited March 2012
Seabrook
“Clean, quiet and yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We arrived later on in the evening, and sent up stairs. At that hour, it was reasonably quiet. The food was very tasty and yummy!

The menu was good, the place was clean and the food arrived reasonably quickly.

More than happy to return!

• Visited August 2012