Stayed at Radisson Shimla for 2 nights/3days. Firstly the property is difficult to locate for people new to the place as it is far from the mall road. This is one big disadvantage. They do provide pick and drop to the mall but charge Rs.150 for every trip which I think is unreasonable. Walk to the mall road from Radisson is not that far but since the entire route is a steep climb it becomes difficult to walk. Though while coming back one can easily walk down because then its a downward slope. So everytime while going to the mall we had to hire their car for a mere 500 metres for which they charged Rs.150. I request them to please keep this complimentary for their guests.
Coming to the rooms, we stayed in C wing on 3rd floor that offered amazing views of the valley. I think view wise the rooms in the C wing are 10/10. But the furniture, interior and decor of the rooms looks outdated! Even the bathrooms look old. So the rooms need major revamping.
The layout of the hotel is little confusing because it has 3 wings. We often got confused finding our room,their restaurant and the lobby area.
Food was very good. Buffet breakfast had many choices.
The staff needs special mention as it is very courteous and always willing to help, be it at the front desk, restaurant or room service. Superb staff and always smiling.
- far from the mall road
- pick and drop to the mall is chargeable
- rooms look outdated
- excellent staff and services
- very good food
- good location as it offers amazing valley view
Overall I feel we had a very pleasant stay at the Radisson Shimla.Go there if you wan to stay away from the hustle bustle of the city. You will not regret choosing this hotel for your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at an altitude of 2200meters above mean sea level, amidst Cedar forests the Radisson Jass hotel has 59 well-appointed suites and guest rooms overlooking magnificent mountains, beautiful valleys and dense pine forests. The finest resort in Shimla with a recreation area featuring among other leisure facilities, our resort has an all day dining restaurant with a selection of Continental, Oriental and Indian specialties opening into a garden that overlooks the magnificent mountain ranges and valleys, bar with an Open deck terrace offers gorgeous views as well as a choice selection of wines and spirits and Round the clock dining offering selection of Indian, Oriental and Continental cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Radisson Hotel Shimla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Shimla
- Shimla Radisson