“Unbelievable ambience & service” 5 of 5 stars

The Oberoi Cecil, Shimla
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Chaura Maidan, Shimla 171004, India   |
Ranked #1 of 96 Hotels in Shimla
Sydney, Australia
“Unbelievable ambience & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

This hotel is simply the best! The staff are so well trained, professional and friendly with the lobby and rooms being just wonderful to experience. Overall the hotel has a fantastic ambience and we were so glad to have revisited it after a period of 8 years. It certainly should be considered by everyone. The views from many of the rooms has to be seen to be believed.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
srikantperi, General Manager at The Oberoi Cecil, Shimla, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Dear Guest,

Your generous appreciation is motivating for my team and me.

I thank you for sparing time to post your review and look forward to welcoming you back.

The Oberoi Cecil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
Pulborough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

We could find no fault with this hotel.All the staff seemed proud to work here and were friendly, efficient, and charming.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
srikantperi, General Manager at The Oberoi Cecil, Shimla, responded to this review, October 29, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous appreciation and time take to post review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

Your appreciation is motivating for my team and me.

Regards.

Sraikant Peri
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

The Oberoi Cecil is excellent in all respects. Staff are exceptionally well trained and give perfect, friendly service without overpowering guests. Nothing is too much trouble for them and they are unfailingly helpful, warm and welcoming. They really make you feel that they care about you and are proud of their work and the hotel.

Food was top class (including perfect poached eggs!) and interesting inventive choices at all meals, served by knowledgeable and interested staff. We had to change rooms and this was done with the minimum of fuss by the housekeeping staff who were excellent throughout.

All in all, a great experience in probably the best hotel we have stayed in in 40 years of travel worldwide.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing time to post review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor.

Your appreciation is generous and is motivating for my team and me.

Our staff is our most valuable asset. I am pleased that they could make a difference and make your vacation memorable.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Shimla.

essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

My my what a beautiful hotel this. So spotlessly clean,the service is second to none. By far the most obliging, helpful,courteous and polite staff I have ever come across, and all with the most wonderful smiles. Nothing was to much trouble, absolutely 1st class in all areas. All the staff made my stay wonderful. Thank you to everyone, I am looking forward to my next visit with you.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Your appreciation of our hotel, its product, services and the staff is most generous and motivating.

My team and I are pleased to note that you intend returning back and look forward to welcoming you to your home in Shimla.

Please do let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning the trip.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Having stayed overnight in an absolutely dreadful hotel, it was a sheer delight to go to the Cecil. Staff were wonderful and couldn't do enough to make my stay a happy ad memorable one. My room was lovely, housekeeping services were good and also the food. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Oberoi_Cecil, General Manager at The Oberoi Cecil, Shimla, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing time to post generous appreciation and recommendation of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to note that you were pleased with the services and facilities on offer and look forward to welcoming you back.

eastbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

Superb hotel, fantastic location and superb customer service

Room Tip: Our room was on road isde but very quiet
Dear Guest,

Your brief appreciation of our product and services is very motivating.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

I love staying at Oberoi hotels when I am in India. My favorite Oberoi was in Bangalore, I say was because The Oberoi Cecil in Shimla is now my favorite. I spent two nights here in early October 2011 while travelling through India for work. I had a free weekend, I was in Chandigarh, so I decided to make the trip up the Himalayas to Shimla.

The welcome I received was great! My guest checked in earlier with no problems and when I arrived, there was a nice cold glass of watermelon juice and pure comfort. We got a city facing room which was great.

While at the hotel, we took advantage of the spa, the restaurant, the pool, the movie rental capacity, the drivers, pretty much everything. There was not a point where I was not satisfied. The staff always went above and beyond! They were concerned about our stay!

Very rarely in North America or Europe can you get this type of service. In India at Oberoi's and Taj properties, I expect good service - but The Oberoi Cecil just stepped up my expectations! Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Any room will get you a view!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
srikantperi, General Manager at The Oberoi Cecil, Shimla, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing time to post generous appreciation of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to note that you were pleased with the services and facilities on offer and look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Shimla.

Srikant Peri

Been to The Oberoi Cecil, Shimla? Share your experiences!