I stayed here with my girlfriend, to see in her 30th birthday. We had an unforgettable experience; so the hotel achieved its goal - The hotel went out of its way to be accommodating, provide good food, and an enjoyable experience. And they excelled themselves in arranging for flowers and a birthday cake to be made/delivered from Shimla (+60km away!). We had massages and candle-lit private hot mineral pools. It was a great few days.
Whilst Hotel Hot Spring aspires in many ways to be a western-style hotel (much in part to the fact the hotel manager has lived in Italy for over 10 years with his Italian wife), it can’t help but be a very Indian interpretation of a ‘western’ hotel – This is no bad thing, and imbues the hotel with a unique and [slightly comical] charm. However, the staff were fantastic and bent over backwards to help. Thank you to them all for everything they did during my stay.
The rooms are spacious; the beds are huge, clean, and pretty damn firm, and the rooms large, and bright.
• The views are good and the balcony is a suntrap.
• A nice massage is easily available, as well as various hot mineral pools at different temperatures.
• Good food in the clean restaurant, with excellent Indian meals and breads.
• Very friendly manager and his Italian wife, and excellent staff.
It’s not flawless either, as there were a few niggles:
• Regular power cuts, but they’ve a back-up generator (but that’s par for the course).
• The white towels get exposed to the massage oils and have all turned a grotty, dirty-grey colour. A bit alarming at first, but not too bad.
• nobody’s assembled the gym equipment yet, so it’s a tangle of cables and pullys.
• No internet facilities other than the managers office computer, and owing to the power cuts, it’s very temperamental (again, baring in mind the location, this isn’t too bad).
• The massages are by local masseuses, and initially I thought very good, however, after a few of them I realised my masseuse only knew one type of generic massage! My girlfriend was very upset by how bad her massage was, having craved it for so long - the masseuse was on the phone at points as well as talking to people outside, and the cleaner came in half way through. Thankfully, after a word with the manager, everything was promptly corrected and he arranged for a full complementary Ayurvedaic session to spoil my girlfriend. I know the manager was shocked when I told him our experience and I doubt this will ever happen for another guest again.
Do not visit the hotel without going to the Shiva caves: the walk is great. About 3 (long) km walk-away, through breath-taking hills gorged out by glaciers, and looking down upon a chilly-looking Himalayan tributary flowing at the bottom, is a cave - I’ve no idea why it’s sacred (it wasn’t even that impressive), however the walk and the scenery are fantastic. I want to use loads of flowery words to describe just how nice it was, but I know I’m doing a disservice to the sights and experience. So simply, if you’re at Hotel Hot Spring and fancy stretching your legs, walk to the cave. Warning: don’t turn back until you get there, as I think it’d be easy to give up (it’s not easy to find). And also, give yourself plenty of time. There’s a shop near the steps to the cave, but take some water…you’ll need it!.
Finally, I would like to personally thank the manager. Pram Raina, the manager and owner, was excellent, and I wish him all the success with his hotel. I’d also encourage him to have the confidence not to try to double-guess what a western clientele want, but provide the best service/experience he would like, and nurture the Indian/Italian aspects more, as well as the input from the local community.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Hot Spring Therme & Spa-Tattapani ,stands high along the bank of River Satluj in the middle of green valley away from mass tourism, offers Relaxing, Rejuvenating & Adventurous holidays. Nature's tranquillity and our hospitality together makes Hotel Hot Spring a distinguished enclave.The facilities provided at the hotel include mini swimming pool, private thermal bath pools, water sports, white water river rafting, mountain biking, fishing, trekking, adventure park(12 games), camping,Bonn fire,DJ, fitness centre, thermal bath,coffee shop-restaurant,business centre, conference hall, internet facility, Wi-Fi ,restaurant ,taxi service, railway station transfer, doctor on call, airport transfer, sun beds , health club, massage center, triguna ayurveda (shirodhara, abhyanga, hastabhyanga, swedana, mud therapy, lapam, deep tissue therapy, udvarthanam, kativasthi, kneipp course), laundry , bicycle on hire, yoga meditation centre, yoga classes, spa, travel desk and private parking. Hotel Hot Spring is the first Thermal Spa that uses hot sulphur springs water for holistic treatment such as muscular pain,stiffness,skin problems, respiratory problems,joint pain,goat,blood circulation, depression and specially for the peace of the body & mind with comfort & care. The guest staying in the Hotel can enjoy free of cost our thermal centre with mineral reach Natural hot Sulpher spring water.The Hotel is located at Tattapani 49 k.m.from Shimla-next to Naldehra (golf course). There are various attractive palaces such as Shiva Caves, Mahoo Naag Temple,Chindi Hill,karsog valley, River Satluj and many more.....!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Hot Spring Therme & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.