“Good Hotel, Good Food, Good Location but staff at reception is corrupt!!!!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Landmark

Save Saved
You added Hotel Landmark to your Saves list
Hotel Landmark
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Near Gorton Castle Square, AG Office, The Mall, Shimla 171001, India   |
Ranked #21 of 95 Hotels in Shimla
Pune, India
“Good Hotel, Good Food, Good Location but staff at reception is corrupt!!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Hi,
I had been to Landmark Shimla around 21 feb to 25 feb approx.
I don't want to spoil the opinion of other travelers coming to stay here, the location of Hotel, its facility & food are all fine, so I don't want to the blame owner for anything.

However I had a very bad experience at reception desk while checking out from hotel!

As it had happened, I was required to extend my stay for 1 more day at Landmark Shimla depending on the availability of another hotel in Manali as I was willing to travel there. Luckily I got a room in good hotel in Manali and so I needed to cancel my extended stay at Landmark which I just committed verbally at reception, personally 2 mins before.
Surprisingly, they demanded me One thousand just for cancellation! Well, it were just those 2 mins for which they demanded 1000! really not justifiable!
Alright, I was also having some dilemma due to which I can't assure them....fine... at-least hand me the receipt of those Rs. 1000.....but they had nothing in response to my this question... instead they just stopped me from checking out with my luggage.... pathetic behavior...and indeed a shame.

Also, I would like to bring to notice of the travelers and Goibibo guys as well-
The hotel staff keep a different (weird) perspective towards you if you have a booking made thru goibibo, probably because you get a good deal thru Goibibo.

Room Tip: Choose any room as there is hardly any difference in size, so probably the cheapest room would be be...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
ThakurPawan, General Manager at Hotel Landmark, responded to this review, July 29, 2014

Thanks for time given to review us on tripadvisor.

We appreciate your feed back and thanks for the appreciation about our location and food.

I am continuously working with my team to ensure flawless service and great memorable experience for all our guests.I am sorry for your experience at Reception but i would like to bring to your kind notice that for cancellations we have some policy just like other hotels which says that cancellation received within 72 hours attracts 100 % retention .But as per your statement and my records you have not been charged the amount you supposed to pay.

Further once the entry has been made in register and computer we can not manipulate records because there are authorities like Excise and Taxation and Tourism Department etc just to see the manipulations made in the records.They never accept excuses like 2 minutes , guest did not like the room etc.Not getting a receipt could be a point but why should one pay until unless some one gives you a receipt ?

You have your own observations but we cannot differentiate among our guests coming from different sources , if any agency provides discount to their guests that's in their marketing budget we get our payment as per our contract.

It will be great help if you could elaborate clearly the deficiencies found to landmark.sml@gmail.com

We will try our level best to improve and come up to your entire satisfaction next time you visit us.

Hotel Landmark,Shimla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We went for family outing and stayed in family suite. Following aspects:

1. The staff is helpful and well mannered.
2. Their own packages for travelling are quite convenient.
3. They have their cab facility for pick n drop.
4. Room provided was good, well maintained and not cramped.
5. Near to mall road and railway station.
5. Food is not of good quality. We preferred eating out.

So, overall stay was comfortable.

Room Tip: Staywise good but eat food out.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ThakurPawan, General Manager at Hotel Landmark, responded to this review, July 23, 2014

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that you along with your family enjoyed your stay at Hotel Landmark,Shimla.

Your appreciation of our services encourages us to continue with our efforts to pursue excellence.

Your feedback about food has been forwarded to the concerned department and action will be taken positively so as to come up to your entire satisfaction.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to your home in Shimla soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Stay was ok. Rooms were good. But certain factors are beyond consideration:
1. If u r looking for good food, this is d place not even to order a coffee. Foods r overrated n r not upto d mark at all. Cdnt complete a single bowl of creamy chicken soup. It made me vomit. Indian cuisine is also bad to say d least.
2. Rs.50 per half hour of wi-fi usage. I think dat was a plan my grandfather used. I dnt know if such primitive plans r prevelant in other hotels in shimla. If it is d case, den dats pretty bad.

Other than these rooms & service factors r ok. Though attending for room cleanliness was an issue as well. I mean though this part is not very proactive bt attends after informing.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
ThakurPawan, General Manager at Hotel Landmark, responded to this review, July 4, 2014

Thanks for time given to review us on tripadvisor.

We appreciate your feed back and thanks for the appreciation of our rooms.

I am continuously working with my team to ensure flawless service and great memorable experience for all our guests.Your feedback about House Keeping and F & B has been forwarded to concerned authorities and action will be taken positively.

We do have other Wi-Fi Plans as well i was wandering why they were not used.

New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The location of Hotel is very Good. The Bathrooms had lot of bad smell. Later the hotel staff used perfume to remove it. Hotel staff was very co-operative. Morning breakfast was of average quality.
Room service was excellent. The quantity of food was very good.

Room Tip: For Couple Honeymoon room is best but not for family.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Thanks for time given to review us on tripadvisor.

We appreciate your feed back and thanks for the appreciation about our location , staff & Room Service.

Your feedback about Food and House Keeping has been forwarded to concerned authorities and action will be taken positively.

Chandigarh, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Hotel Landmark is situated near to mall road with cover parking facility .Hotel is nearby railway station or bus stand , this makes landmark best place to stay.
I think location of this hotel probably best location in shimla , services in this hotel are best I ever enjoyed during my stay in May 2014.
Last but not least I would like to mention about Mr. Pawan thakur General Manager , he is a complete manager with integrity,reliability and flexibility with great interpersonal skills,his dealings with the guest is excellent.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
ThakurPawan, General Manager at Hotel Landmark, responded to this review, June 27, 2014

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that in your travel and stay, you have acknowledged The Hotel Landmark Shimla as The Best Hotel.

Your appreciation of our service and attention to detail, encourages us to continue with our efforts to pursue excellence.One can not get better appraisal than these inspirational words for his \ her work.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to your home in Shimla.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Pros..
Centrally located on the mall road, a short distance from the railway station.
Overlooks the ananndale ground and offers a fabulous view of the hills from the upper level floors.
Value for money.
Centrally heated
In room wi-fi
Location of the hotel enables twin access both on ground floor as well as on 6th (top) floor (mall road access)

Cons..
Wi-fi was patchy on the upper floors but works well on the lower levels.
We found the toilet in one of our rooms blocked during a visit.. could be a one-off.
Noise may be an issue if you have a party/function going on in the premises.

Food and service varied from being great to being below average.. Need to pull up socks on this count.
All said, I have stayed here more than once and will recommend it as a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Upper floors (facing the valley) offer fabulous views of the hills.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ThakurPawan, General Manager at Hotel Landmark, responded to this review, June 20, 2014

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that in your travel and stays, you have acknowledged The Hotel Landmark Shimla as The Best Hotel.

Your observations of the views from room windows and terrace are really true , these views from our rooms are really exceptional.

Your feed back about Wi-Fi, food and washroom has been forwarded to the concerned authorities and action will be taken positively.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to your home in Shimla.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I along with family stayed at Landmark, Shimla for 2 days. The hotel is located at a wonderful location with approach from down below as well as an additional approach from the top floor at the Mall level. It appears as an old property and probably was one of the best locations in Shimla once upon a time.
Our experience was not good. Room was not very clean. It was dusty and having a musty smell. This resulted in allergic sneeze for all of us. These were hot days of June 14. The AC was not working properly and controlling the room temperature became a problem. The bathroom also was not very clean.The window was opening towards a wall
We had a dinner and two days breakfast at the restaurent and the meals were satisfactory.
My overall experience was average

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the wall
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Thanks for time given to review us on tripadvisor.

I am continuously working with my team to ensure flawless service and great memorable experience for all our guests.Your feedback about room temperature and room cleanliness has been forwarded to concerned authorities and action will be taken positively.

Usually when we book rooms without view we inform to guest the same, i am sorry if it was missed during your booking procedure.

Hotel Landmark,Shimla

Been to Hotel Landmark? Share your experiences!