“excellent hotels with fantastic staff” 5 of 5 stars

Satyam Paradise Hotel
Kachi Ghatti | Tara Devi, Shimla 171010, India   |
Ranked #14 of 90 Specialty Lodging in Shimla
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
“excellent hotels with fantastic staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I stay in this hotel quite frequently. Rooms are very decent, bathrooms are very clean. Good value for money.. the complete hotel staff is excellent. Very comfortable stay for shimla. On the Main Higway 5 km short of victory tunnel. I would Recommend it..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Satyam is a well decorated and beautifull shimla city u will see from the room.Its a great hotel amongs the all hotels at shimla.I have recomended every one of my friend u will enjoy the best.
Arup Acharyya
Kolkata

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
india
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

i stayed there for one day, i found the hotel ok ok, lot of facilities which you may like to use are paid, even room heater is paid, hotel location is good, rooms are clean & the view is beautiful from the room, you can see whole shimla from the room only, food is also good, overall anyone can stay there, don't expect much from hotel..

Room Tip: chooses super deluxe room which are on back side of hotel, you can see whole shimla from there.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Gurgaon, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

The Hotel is located on the Shimla-Chandigarh highway, very easy to approach; but not within main Shimla. The hotel is well maintained, food served is nice. Had a nice view from the hotel room windows. Reception is nice too, with friendly room service.
The Chinese menu needs a lot of improvement. The carpet in the room needs to be thoroughly cleaned by taking it out once a while and removing all dust. The all inclusive tariff (room + breakfast & lunch/dinner ) is on the higher side. I recommend people to take the bare tariff for the room and pay for the food on an as consumed basis. The staff is extremely courteous and the Indian menu is quite good. Overall a very pleasant stay and recommended.

Room Tip: Pick the highway facing rooms if available
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
New Delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

We had a very enjoyable stay at Satyam Paradise. I stayed there with my family and the staff was very helpful and went the extra-mile to ensure that our stay was enjoyable and comfortable.

The rooms were big and with sublime views of the valley, which was a pleasant change from the normal cramped rooms in the rest of Shimla. Proper parking so that we didn't have to worry about the car. And excellent food.

It was a pleasure staying here, so much so that we extended our holiday and stayed a day extra.

I recommend this hotel, if you want to travel to Shimla and have a nice, comfortable, relaxed holiday. Just remember to book in advance.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I had a booking on 24th June 2011 through my travel agent. I reached there in the night around 10 PM with my wife. When I asked about my booking they started giving multiple answers. sometimes they told that they need to confirm and sometimes they simply denied the booking. I show them my booking details and emails and my travel agent also talked to them. But they told that they have not received any request and money from my travel agent. I thought that that my travel agent had cheated me but the story took turn when the heavily DRUNK manager started showing his mail box in excitement to clarify his stand. To my surprise he had all email exchange, money transfer and booking confirmation in his mail box. After that they started to blame each other and tried to prove that it was a mistake. Liqueur make the manager to expose his own dirty act.. I was surprised to see their business ethics. Actually it was a peak season and they gave my room to some other at a higher price. They even refuse to help me to get another hotel and offered me to take rest on sofa with my sick wife (waoo wt a courtesy). It was a horrible night for me, and i finally managed to get another hotel at 1 AM in night.
I strongly warn all of you who are doing online booking in person or by travel agent. They may give your room to other person at higher price and can easily say you sorry and left you with no option during nights.

Ranjeet Singh

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Indore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I stayed at the hotel for with my family for 3 nights and we enjoyed a lot. Heartly welcome at arrival, nice and clean rooms, a beautifull view of the valley, very hospitable staff and very tasty north indian style food. Every thing you expect from a good hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Satyam Paradise Hotel? Share your experiences!