“Budget hotel with great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Prashant Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shimla
Prashant Hotel
You added Prashant Hotel to your Saves list
The Mall, Shimla 171001, India   |
Ranked #28 of 96 Hotels in Shimla
“Budget hotel with great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

we used to stay in hotel prashant from last 3 years. we jst came back and again it was an awsum experience.It is "The best" hotel in shimla.The best part of the hotel is that it is near the lift and near the mall road also.I always prefer room no. 9..Rooms and toilets are clean. Beautiful view from the balcony infact amazing. you can see the church clearly. House keeping is good. Friendly staff along with the owner. Especially thanx to Raj bhaiya.
SHIVEE SHARMA
from DELHI..

• Stayed July 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Meerut, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I stayed in hotel prashant with my family. The hotel location is excellent, very much near to ridge, lift and bottom parking. The view from balcony was excellent and the room is very airy. overall a very nice place to stay. Better if there has a lift in the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose front room with balcony have a very good view of the city and better ventilation
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Advantage of hotel is the location....5 mins walk to the ridge and on mall road. Rooms in front have nice view of city. Clean rooms, small but nice balcony. Housekeeping is good. Service is moderate to slow. We had a child with us and it took them 2 hours to provide boiled drinking water for her. Food tastes okay, but overpriced and quantity is very less....but good eateries available nearby...try Jashn restaurant...its quite good....KFC, Pizza Hut is also very close....We got Dominos pizza delivered to our room!!! Management is courteous and accommodated a last minute partial cancellation from us...without charging cancellation charges....One has to climb stairs to reach rooms...may not be suitable for elderly. Room charges a tad too high for the amenities....but otherwise good.

Room Tip: Choose front facing rooms, on higher floors.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Good hotel. Good rooms. Good location. Good food very helpful management. Only one problem if your parents are travelling along with you pls don't book as all rooms are on 3rd n 4th floor. Secondly its a budget hotel not any star class. Before booking pls keep this thing in mind that you are going to budget hotel. It was perfect for my stay as all hotels I was getting were out of my budget. I will recommend to my friends.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for one day. We reached the hotel around 7 in the evening after a one hour wait to get into the lift. The location is the only saving grace for this hotel as it is located close to the mall road. We had booked a deluxe room and when we were showed the room it didn't even look like a standard one. We had paid 1700 (after a discount of 30% on goibibo) but the room was not worth the money. As it was a little late to go out and have dinner outside, we ordered dinner at the room which was not upto the mark. All in all not a great place to stay in a place like Shimla.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days and I must say that it is one of the very good budget hotel conveniently located on the Mall road.

Initially when we booked this hotel through MakeMyTrip, we had a horrible experience. Makymytrip called me 5 days after I did the booking to tell me that my booking was not confirmed by the hotel although I had paid the full amount at the time of booking. They were trying to offer me some cheap alternate hotels which I denied. After a struggle of 1 week with makemytrip and more than 20 phone calls, somehow they were able to confirm the booking in the same hotel. The worst thing is that they don't give the phone no of their management and every time you have to call the IVR.

Before travelling, I called up the hotel and they confirmed that my booking is confirmed and everything from there onward were very good. I reached Shimla in the evening and checkin on very smooth. We were given 2 rooms on the 2nd floor on the back side. There was no view of the city from the rooms and bathrooms were clean. Room was spacious and there was a sofa cum bed on one of the room to accommodate the kid. Linens were not very fresh but kind of okay. We took most of the breakfast and dinners at the hotel only and it was really tasty and fresh. Staff were very courteous and response was very good.

I could simply walk down to Mall Road and Ridge road almost daily in the evening because of the proximity from the hotel.

Particularly Mr. Hemant (probably hotel manager) was a very nice person and gentleman. He helped me to arrange taxi for local sightseeing and also for Chandigarh drop at a reasonable rate.

One small problem is that, they switch off intercom at 11:00PM you can't call anyone for any thing. Reception is also closed at 11:00 and the entire facility is locked.

I recommend this budget hotel for a family vacation. But make sure to set your expectations and don't expect treatment of a star hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get room on the front side. Back side rooms are big but doesn't offer any view of the cit...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
New Delhi, Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We reached Shimla at 6 in the morning from Delhi, after a sleepless overnight bus journey. Even though Prashant Hotel had the check in time as 12 noon, the manager gave us a room to freshen up and rest, since the room we had booked was not vacant till then. At exactly 12, we were moved to our allocated room. The room was a good sized one, with a balcony and view of the entire valley as well as Christ Church, on the Ridge. The location of the hotel is perfect - right on the Mall but still a small distance away from the main hustle of tourists.

Our room was clean and there was ample running hot water. The linen, quilt and towels were fresh. The service was friendly and the food was also good and reasonably priced.

The only problem was that the hotel has three floors but there is no lift service available. Elderly people may find that a problem.

We would stay there again when we visit Shimla.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms at the front of the hotel, facing the valley.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Prashant Hotel? Share your experiences!