“Fantastic Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kapil Hotel

Save Saved
You added Kapil Hotel to your Saves list
Kapil Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Elysium Hill, Bharari Road, Near Jass Radisson | Lakkar Bazar, Shimla 171001, India   |
Ranked #4 of 95 hotels in Shimla
“Fantastic Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed here from 28th Jan 30th Jan and found this hotel really superb in all expects.....Food, accommodation and hospitality everything is really superb and well planned. Walkable distance from mall road and church. Food quality is also good with proper quantity. rooms are neat and clean with bathroom. just need to make restaurant in hotel.... overall superb budget hotel including all modern facility in Shimla. i will sure plan next time my staying with Hotel Kapil,.......Vipul

Room Tip: Please go for valley view room

400 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I visited shimla and stayed in hotel kapil from 2nd to 7feb 2014. I selected this hotel after reading reviews fm TripAdvisor. Undoubtedly kapil hotel is best budget hotel providing five star amenities at budget price. The service is excellent. The cleanliness and hygiene level maintained in hotel is praiseworthy. Further hot water is available round the clock -Narendra, Rajasthan.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed at kapil hotel in the mid of january 2014. I rate it very good for family also. Location is fantastic. Jakhu temple, mall road, church are at walking distance. I had visited jakhu temple, mall road, advanced study, state museum, church by walk. Hotel room was absolutely clean and the food also was good. Room service was quick and good. The only negative point was door of the room that was not in good condition to feel safe.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

All the trip advisor ratings and bargain award made me reserve this hotel for our stay at Shimla.

Trip didnt start off well thanks to the bad weather conditions in Chandigarh and we were delayed by almost a day. Called up the hotel and asked them to keep the room on hold and it was waiting for us while we reached early in the morning along with the first snowfall of the season!

The hotel as they say - through the reviews and by hotels own admission through their e-mails during reservation - is basic in terms of space. No huge lobby or restaurant. However what they miss is definitely covered up with excellent service, in-room amenities and gooood food (room service).

We should have opted for the hotel car pick-up; repented later. We had a 10 days himachal trip with 03 days in Shimla and having experienced excellent, courteous and clean car-driver on our first day local trip; we decided to hire the hotel car for the rest of our trip. And it was indeed a good decision. Same driver/car through the trip and at a very reasonable rate. Spared us the trouble of bargaining and looking out for different drivers through the state!

Their blankets are electrically heated ones - i suppose the site doesnt mention so - it turned out to be a much utilized option with the city under snowfall!

Definitely a place worth staying in Shimla if your are the kinds to travel during the day ( just like a holiday-er should :-)) and want to return to a clean comfortable and warm bed!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
gujrat
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We stay here for two night, service cleanness all thing is excellent, rate is also good but it is just back side from main mall road

Other thing that electric room heater provide with extra cost is useless because 5% of room is heated by this heater

Heater quality need to improve

Hyderabad, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

The title could have been reversed the ratings too could have been much higher but......

Beware ! Beware ! Beware

This hotel doesn't care for the safety of its customers and all is not well with the money transactions here. It may be a highly rated Trip Advisor hotel but in my opinion customer security is a prime issue

We booked a through cab from Shimla to Delhi from the hotel and the sequence of events are as follows...

1 ) I requested the fare to be added to the final bill and the whole amount to be charged to my credit card. They didn't do that and told me that all the transport money has to be paid in cash. I have travelled all around India and this is the first time that a hotel was asking me separately for cash if the cab is booked from there. There was something wrong going on here.

2 ) Then they said me to pay the driver the money once I reached Delhi. They said I may have to change cabs midway due to some road tax issues which I gladly agreed.

3 ) In Chandigarh the driver who brought me from Shimla suddenly demanded Rs 5000/- when I asked why he said he has to repair his cab etc . He also asked me to pay the remaining Rs 2000/- to the next driver in Delhi. I asked him for a receipt he didn't have any. Then he dialed up the hotel, they said they will mail me the same. Again a first time where the driver is not carrying the receipt. 1/4 of the journey was over and 70% of the fare was demanded without a receipt.

4 ) The driver who was designated to take us to Delhi was not affiliated to any hotel/travel agent etc. It was a private cab and not a tourist taxi/cab, we were left alone at mercy of this unknown person. I was scheduled to catch a flight from Delhi and I knew this part of the country well hence I took the risk. So people please take care when booking cabs from them. I reached safely but who knows who is your driver from Chandigarh. Remember they are noway linked to the hotel, so no traceability too.

There is something fishy with the money transactions in this hotel. When I was trying to pay by the credit card the person at the reception tried 5-6 times, my card was not readable according to him and he demanded cash from us. When I took the card and swiped myself the transaction went through in one try.

Lastly the hotel as people have told already in Trip Advisor is basic with all the stuffs in place and clean. The food is homely and don't experiment with Chinese/Continental etc. The Indian fare is good and don't expect gourmet. The thing which I must acknowledge is the service of the hotel which is very good.

Room Tip: Penthouse has good views...
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights in Hotel Kapil. I found this hotel through TripAdvisor.
Experience was so good that I had to return to TripAdvisor to write the review.
We booked the Penthouse, A super delux and the delux room.
All Rooms were Excellent. Cleanliness, Room Service, Food were of 5 star quality.
I would highly recommend this Hotel.
Okay now the price factor. Thumbs up. Very reasonable.
You will Enjoy the gallery in the penthouse.
Staff is extremely Polite.

Room Tip: Book Penthouse if you want to enjoy open air and a magnificent View.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Kapil Hotel? Share your experiences!