“Clumsy Ambience - OK food” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,374 of 4,085 Restaurants in New Delhi
Cuisines: American, Indian
New Delhi, India
“Clumsy Ambience - OK food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Much heard about Golas, we visited the place hungry enough. The food is decent with nice presentation. However, I found the ambience in need for more light. Our table was directly exposed to the kitchen fumes and hence made it suffocating. Despite good food, the place proved to be a turn off. Ask for a good table in the main hall rather than the Gully.

Visited August 2012

New Delhi
“Nice Sizzlers!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

If you like sizzlers, there is no better place to try than Golas. The ambience was nice and so were the sizzlers. I can say they could improve the service time as we had to wait for quite a long time.
Must try.

Visited April 2012
Bangalore
“Go if you can stomach the service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I visited Gola's on the insistence of a friend. In fact I went there twice but both times I was diasappointed. Both times we had to wait for a vacant table. The management is very rude.The waiters have a very condescending attitude. The food however is better than the service and the ambience. The sizzlers were a delight. They even have a biryani sizzler!

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Delhi, India
“Just OK”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Ambience was not good.

Food was just OK

Attitude of staff was horrible.

We ordered 1 dish & waiter brought french fries. We sent it back. Next dish ordered, & same plate of french fries was back.

Pathetic.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New Delhi, Delhi, India
“Their Sizzlers Are Just Awesome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I remember going to Gola in CP with my mom & dad when I was a little girl... but didn't remember the taste. Few months back when me and my husband were contemplating and debating about where to go for dinner we chose to go to Gola at Rajouri Garden. Their Chicken Sizzler is just so yum. They have an option to have it with paratha or with rice... we chose Paratha.
We also ordered a Dal Makhani which was to die for. Just so perfectly cooked. Loved the food to core. A must go for casual Dinner. The meal costed us around Rs. 800 with taxes :)

• Visited January 2012